Best Rib Eye Steak I Have Ever Had In Chiang Mai

SausageKing

Went to a Birthday Party at Bistro1 Nim City Next Door to Wine Connections and near Rimping Supermarket and i was Amazed with the great selection of International Beer/Wine 28 Types, After looking at all the great food coming out of the kitchen my eye was fixed on this Rib Eye Steak, I asked if the Steak Thai Beef, They Awnser it is Thai/French Breed and its ( ku brand) Which has been aged 21 day, 395 Baht and come with a choise of veg and a choise of 8 sauces,wow worth every Thai Baht.

the food at Bistro 1 is 100% Excellent and Good service,the Menu is Western and Thai and the Customers are a good mix of Thai and Western people Eating their. I will be back their next weekend, A Tasteful Restaurant

post-112062-0-40623500-1301798351_thumb.

Edited by sbk
font removed
  • Like 1

They must get the beef from the Thai/French butcher on Canal Road. I have been buying Rib Eyes from them for over a year and it is without a doubt the best beef I can get in Chiang Mai.

They supply several restaurants in town.

They must get the beef from the Thai/French butcher on Canal Road. I have been buying Rib Eyes from them for over a year and it is without a doubt the best beef I can get in Chiang Mai.

KU Beef is a from the Co-Op formed by Kasetsart University http://www.kubeef.com

Guest siamjourney

Can you tell me where specifically the butcher is located on the Canal Road?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Likewise, I would like to know too.

Cheers

QUOTE : KILT Feb 2011: This Forum

"For anyone looking for T-Bones or any other cut to cook themselves, I highly recommend the Thai/French butcher shop located on Irrigation Canal Road about 100 meters south of the Pu Come hotel - part of a restaurant called "Pon Yang Kham".

Very high quality beef and very good butchers on site. They will cut to order. You name the thickness. I love their Ribeye. Never frozen.

They supply many high end restaurants and hotels in town but are happy to cut just one steak."

Edited by Asmerom

KU Beef is a from the Co-Op formed by Kasetsart University http://www.kubeef.com

Very good quality steak it is too! We use their fillet at The Olde Bell, though, I must admit, for Rib Eye we use New Zealand - excellent quality! We sell a lot!

Thanks.

Likewise, I would like to know too.

Cheers

"For anyone looking for T-Bones or any other cut to cook themselves, I highly recommend the Thai/French butcher shop located on Irrigation Canal Road about 100 meters south of the Pu Come hotel - part of a restaurant called "Pon Yang Kham".

Very high quality beef and very good butchers on site. They will cut to order. You name the thickness. I love their Ribeye. Never frozen.

They supply many high end restaurants and hotels in town but are happy to cut just one steak."

Yeah, that's the place. Sorry for not getting back sooner... I'm back in the USA on a different time zone

hey i from out of town and im struggling to find canal road any pointers large land marks etc thanks

Ok head WEST along HUAY KAEW RAOD towards the mountains and DOI SUTHEP.

Keep travelling WEST after the first major intersection ( where the AMARI hotel is on the

SOUTH EASTERN corner ) until you come to the second major intersection of HUAY KAEW

ROAD and CANAL ROAD. You will see a DUNKIN DONUTS on the South Western corner

of this intersection and this in the building where the PUE COME hotel is.

Turn LEFT at this intersection so you are heading SOUTH on CANAL road and just as the road bends

slightly to the SOUTH EAST, about 50 metres after this you will see a ROUND SHAPED CONDO

building on your LEFT on Canal Road and the restaurant and butcher shop

is virtually opposite this condo building on the other side of Canal Road.

And thank you very much to those who have mentioned this place in this thread ! :jap:

• 9 years later...

Thanks for the post about butcher at Ponyang Kham (Chiangmai)! I've wanted to find a good place to buy Rib-eye since I moved to Chiang Mai and have had horrible luck...until now ????

The narrative directions provided by previous poster were good but far easier if you use Google Maps which can auto-navigate you to the place by motorbike/car/Grab, or by foot.  You can also see pictures of the restaurant and shop, see reviews, etc. 

It's within easy walking distance of Niemann BTW.  15 minutes from Maya Mall by foot or 7 minutes by scooter.

The google maps web link is  https://goo.gl/maps/MTkhPSZwrARVyRUP8

BTW, the restaurant opens at 3pm and can deliver by foodpanda - 

https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/f6qk/ponyang-kham-chiangmai-

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Thanks for the post about butcher at Ponyang Kham (Chiangmai)! I've wanted to find a good place to buy Rib-eye since I moved to Chiang Mai and have had horrible luck...until now

Worth noting that you have resurrected a decade-old thread.

There is a chance that the information may no longer be correct, or that the recommendation may no longer apply.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2011 at 2:11 PM, Asmerom said:

Can you please re-post that in a little smaller font?  ????

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:
On 4/3/2011 at 2:11 PM, Asmerom said:

Can you please re-post that in a little smaller font?  ????

Well, It may have shrunk a little as it's a original quote from 2011, or you've gotten fatter in your older age and can't get as close to the screen as before  ????

/I really miss eating good steak

//the expensive cuts I've bought here I swear must be pre-printed cardboard

4 hours ago, JimGant said:

I fear this is not US beef...... For some reason, Aussie beef tasts strange to this Yank -- and NewZealand beef in unedible.........

So, any chance this is US beef?

Doubtful. There was a 14 year ban on raw bone-in US beef imports. Not easy to re-establish distribution and retail channels.

US beef is back, talks continue on US pork access
nationthailand | Econ | Nov 17. 2017

"Thailand had banned import of US beef for 14 years."

Thailand: U.S. Beef Sales Boost in Thailand
fas.usda.gov | May 8, 2018 

List of countries that import animal and animal product into Thailand
en.dld.go.th | Waritsara Paisan  Imports & Exports  27 February 2018

17 hours ago, Brightly said:

Thanks for posting this!

My favorite is a NY strip, but rib eye come pretty close.

This is certainly cheaper than a certain popular restaurant (which I enjoy) that must not be named (!)

Would you mind commenting on the social distancing situation?

It's  cheaper because it is the 2011 price quoted. ????   

Seems you had a Marty McFly moment.

15 hours ago, JimGant said:

I fear this is not US beef...... For some reason, Aussie beef tasts strange to this Yank -- and NewZealand beef in unedible.........

So, any chance this is US beef?

Yank here....

I don't mind either the AUS beef or the NZ and think the NZ is better. I generally marinate any steak I grille for about 15-20 minutes in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.

I did buy some Argentina beef a few months back. First time I ever had their beef and I have to say it was better than any beef I've ever had.