Tallest Thai In The World

webfact

How does this make him the tallest???

The Thai word for 'tallest' and 'highest' is the same with support words to be more specific. Am assuming this is translated from Thai.

How a guy who has never climbed a mountain higher than 5500m (Mt Kanabalu, which reaches 4,082 metres, Chola Pass (5,420m) and Kala Patthar (5,545m), as well as mountains in the US) succeed at everest???????

lots of talk

weird,.

must be his egg diet that will help him... LOL

Vitidnan Rojanapanich, a Thai who reached the top in 2008, was not a proffesional climber and believe the highest he had climbed before was 5,900 meters.

As for his training he said, "Every day I underwent weight training, ran 12 kilometres and carried a gallon of water on my back while running for two hours up and down a 40-storey building."

See: http://www.nationmul...on_30099124.php

Edited by Nisa

• 1 year later...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vitidnan Rojanapanich - the first (and only) Thai climber to summit Mt Everest - is a freelance TV producer who also made 2 short movies about his Everest adventures. Both are on YouTube and are quite emotional and inspirational.

Recently, I've had the honour of meeting Khun Vitidnan and I was impressed by his modesty. There's not much written in English about him on the Internet but I managed to piece together the "history" his (and the other Thais') attempts at climbing the Everest.

When you have time, you can read my article here: http://www.simandan.com/?p=6061

Since this thread is about Natapol Supmanu, and not this other guy, you should post the results of his climb.

He failed. Not the tallest Thai. Somebody close this thread.

......and waste a good argument about tallest v highest? No thanks, we TV members love a good fight about stupid pedantic stuff, it's what we do. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

He's obviously completely mad!

Good luck to him though, imagine if all wealthy Thais were like this guy.

Keeping in shape, pushing yourself to the max, enjoying a challenge. The only challenge a lot of his peers have is tearing along the dotted line when drunk.

I have decided to support his sponsors. Got some Chang in the fridge....

ignoring the tallest and highest man part, everest isnt the highest or tallest mountain in earth to begin with. i would refer the highest as the highest point in earth and tallest as the measurement from the bottom to the peak. yes everest isnt the highest or the tallest mountain

Given that this tread is over a year old, does anyone know if he made it? I mean did he reach the summit of Everest or did his egg white diet fuel a growth spurt that saw him reach the dizzying heights of the "Tallest Thai in the World"...?

They failed

http://www.simandan.com/?p=6061

"Also, in 2011, Natapol Supmanu, then 35 years old, a Thai businessman, lead the “Thai Everest 2011 Live Your Dream” campaign, in an attempt to be the second Thai national to summit Mt Everest. Unfortunately, he failed, but at least he raised the public’s awareness and more sponsors were willing to support him."

Good luck and be the way - there is more protein in egg yolks and nutrition than in egg whites. Suck em up anyway and stay safe.

Maybe so but egg yolks are a major source of cholesterol. Partialy clogged arteries, i suggest, may not be a good thing at 29,000 feet.

Every day hundreds of Thais reach heights greater than the top of Mount Everest - in a 747 en route to Europe which passes over or close to Mount Everest. Being propelled to great heights by 4 RR engines or Shank's pony. Take your pick.

How does this make him the tallest???

It dosen't typical Nation headline.

Nothing to do with the article. I wonder if some people realize they are judged by who they are in bed with.

I wish him all the luck in the world. As Mother Nature can also play a hand in his attempt. And some times it is not a nice hand. From the sounds of the article he has the physical stamina for it. Any one who can run the 800 meter at Collage level has to have some in built stamina. And to his credit he took no short cuts to build his body up.

Edited by hellodolly

You guys realize this thread is a year and a half old, right?

Yes we do.....but we never get tired of a stupid argument coffee1.gif

Nothing wrong with dusting off an old topic to keep the sponsorship baht rolling in either. Just look at the adds for adventure gear on this page.

Well, read the article for heaven's sake. So the title is misleading, get over it and try not to be negative about a positive thing FOR ONCE.

Personally after reading the article and all the posts while very excited about it I find it is a old article and that the expedition failed. And even if he had achieved it it would not make him the tallest in the context of the headlines or in the context of the article.

I found the article very interesting and some of the replies interesting.

Defending a misleading head line is a no no for me.

I feel cheated for two reasons.

1 I did not know he had failed and

2 I still do not know who the tallest Thai in the world is.

• Like 1

Well, read the article for heaven's sake. So the title is misleading, get over it and try not to be negative about a positive thing FOR ONCE.

Personally after reading the article and all the posts while very excited about it I find it is a old article and that the expedition failed. And even if he had achieved it it would not make him the tallest in the context of the headlines or in the context of the article.

I found the article very interesting and some of the replies interesting.

Defending a misleading head line is a no no for me.

I feel cheated for two reasons.

1 I did not know he had failed and

2 I still do not know who the tallest Thai in the world is.

If only a mountain would accept tea money. Then he would have climbed it no probs.

However, fair play to anyone who accepts the challenge of Everest.

How high did he go ? anyone..

the fact that he tried is kudos for me. the fact that he thought I can do this, That he took the chance, that he did something of his own bat, should be pride enough.

well done that man. the highest any of the dicks on here achieved is their bar stool.

The fact that no news organization anywhere published a follow up to the initial story amuses me. Not even a, "the climber put up a good fight but eventually had to turn back."

I'm a car guy, so I always get a kick out of the fastest vs quickest arguments.

The fact that no news organization anywhere published a follow up to the initial story amuses me. Not even a, "the climber put up a good fight but eventually had to turn back."

There is a difference isn't there.

Yeah. Fast means speed, such as 190 MPH. Quick means acceleration, such as 0-60 in 4 seconds. Quickness doesn't guarantee high speed, and vice versa.

Example : Motorbikes are reasonably quick, but they are not fast by any means.

Yeah. Fast means speed, such as 190 MPH. Quick means acceleration, such as 0-60 in 4 seconds. Quickness doesn't guarantee high speed, and vice versa.

there are a good handful of production machines that top over 300km/h. not the fastest but is that not fast?

there are a good handful of production machines that top over 300km/h. not the fastest but is that not fast?

that's crazy fast

Given that this tread is over a year old, does anyone know if he made it? I mean did he reach the summit of Everest or did his egg white diet fuel a growth spurt that saw him reach the dizzying heights of the "Tallest Thai in the World"...?

They failed

http://www.simandan.com/?p=6061

"Also, in 2011, Natapol Supmanu, then 35 years old, a Thai businessman, lead the “Thai Everest 2011 Live Your Dream” campaign, in an attempt to be the second Thai national to summit Mt Everest. Unfortunately, he failed, but at least he raised the public’s awareness and more sponsors were willing to support him."

Well that is a shame. I hope he gets more sponsors and tries again.

And the answer to the question that most who followed the link really want to know.... drum roll please....

Surasaku Sudoplasat (or Surasark Sudprosert) was measured at 7.33 feet which I assumed was 7 and one third of a foot which is 7'4" (223.5 cm). He won the title of tallest man in Thailand in a competition held in 1989.

and

Placide Pattitto is said to be the tallest man born in Thailand, and was alive in 1991. Was measured at 7'4.6" (225cm)

http://www.thetalles...usudoplasat.htm

Edited by Ferangled