Is Your 3Bb Service Really Good Lately?

sfokevin

Mine has been pretty poor since last week, very long ping times and lots of pages failing to load properly. I was wondering if it was the school holidays meaning millions of kids gaming all day and overloading the network.

Mine seems to be back to normal, in the city, after a few bad days, of many pages not loading. Maybe if you are on a shared line, the school holidays may be playing a part.

My point was that I have the 3BB 6mb service and they are giving me 8gb now :rolleyes:...

My thought is that there is a new round of competition between True & 3BB for the minimum service rate/bandwidth

We live near Wat Jed Yod & over three years we have had awful service. This year I have had an engineer here to test everything & of course the problem is our router. Strangely the manufacture of the router says it is perfect. I have had a new cable twice in five months, one time at my expense & still I have no service for up to 50% of the day on regular occasions. A week ago after three days of almost no access I called the call centre & after many explanations that I rejected I was put through to someone who told me 'your connection is not stable'. When I told him I had been saying this for 3 years he simply dropped the call & I have heard nothing since.

3 BB operate with impunity. I simply demand that we are connected, not that we have amazing speeds or any other technical expressions of service. It is simply not possible to get anyone to accept that in return for paying 1200baht a month we should have basic connectivity let alone blazing speeds.

Anyone who signs up with 3BB is in for nothing but frustration. The concept of service is alien to them as it is to many others.

We live near Wat Jed Yod & over three years we have had awful service. This year I have had an engineer here to test everything & of course the problem is our router. Strangely the manufacture of the router says it is perfect. I have had a new cable twice in five months, one time at my expense & still I have no service for up to 50% of the day on regular occasions. A week ago after three days of almost no access I called the call centre & after many explanations that I rejected I was put through to someone who told me 'your connection is not stable'. When I told him I had been saying this for 3 years he simply dropped the call & I have heard nothing since.

3 BB operate with impunity. I simply demand that we are connected, not that we have amazing speeds or any other technical expressions of service. It is simply not possible to get anyone to accept that in return for paying 1200baht a month we should have basic connectivity let alone blazing speeds.

Anyone who signs up with 3BB is in for nothing but frustration. The concept of service is alien to them as it is to many others.

That hasn't been my experience with them for the past months. When I have called (twice) they had someone out to me within the hour. When I went in for the account they had it installed the next morning, they said 3 days for full hook-up and it was completed early.

If you are unhappy with them, have you considered another provider?

Mine seems to be back to normal, in the city, after a few bad days, of many pages not loading. Maybe if you are on a shared line, the school holidays may be playing a part.

My point was that I have the 3BB 6mb service and they are giving me 8gb now :rolleyes:...

My thought is that there is a new round of competition between True & 3BB for the minimum service rate/bandwidth

I am getting more than the 6MB I pay for as well.

Point noted, checked and getting over the 6mb I pay for as well. This is the 599 baht package that seems to get a lot of bad comments, and I am right in the middle of the city.

I started getting download speeds from 3bb of 8000+ about 2 months ago (Hang Dong road) the upload is 170 +_ For 3 days last month the upload jumped to 1000+ and then back to the 170 range. Continual "loss of server" periods of slooow access on TV etc. I don't think 3bb is trying to compere with anyone and the old router routine is their first line of defense/offense. new cable (I did not pay) no change, new modem, no change. I am billed for 6000 and 500 service. They do seem to be able to get internet access back when I lose it completely after a phone call and a couple hour wait.

Point noted, checked and getting over the 6mb I pay for as well. This is the 599 baht package that seems to get a lot of bad comments, and I am right in the middle of the city.

I am inside the moat (not IN the moat!) and I think I am the only connection at my node (but not sure about that ---)

Here is mine today

I also note that there are flyers in the post box today advertising Trues new low priced 10GB plan for 699 bath!

Screen%20shot%202011-04-04%20at%205.28.42%20PM.png?psid=1

As mentioned on previous threads this is a b/s result, unless 3BB have found a way to alter the space/time continuum and send their data faster than the speed of light then your ping time to West coast USA is impossible.....

I have 3BB, before TT&T and I have had problems sometimes but after explaining on the phone they send a technician and I was running again and fast. See attachment. I pay 900 + THB. Not bad download almost 37 Mb.

post-7754-0-81922400-1301921708_thumb.jp

I've been quite impressed with 3BB lately too. I'm using the 6MB service living out on Canal Road near 700 year stadium.

Last week I set up a VPN to steam movies from Netflix, and so far there hasn't even been a hiccup. Almost zero downtime in the first month I've had service.

Don't trust speedtest results, they don't indicate much. There are some other TV posts talking about 3BB and maybe other ISPs have those rigged to show fast pings and high throughput.

I signed up with 3BB 3 1/2 years ago when it was called Maxnet. The first year was excellent, very few problems and a very stable line. The second year was OK, but with more problems than the first. The last 1 1/2 years have been really bad. The line is VERY unstable. When it works it's OK, I get the speed I'm paying for - but every day the little green light start flashing indicating I am offline. It happens 3-4 times a day, at least. Then I have to wait or reset the modem and then I am online again 5 minutes later. This is very annoying and 3BB is unable or unwilling to fix it. Is it because they have oversold subscriptions and not invested in the infrastructure and hardware they need to service their customers? I don't know. Maybe it's just me having these problems. The last 2-3 months have been particularly bad!

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Stokevin,

While there was a definite "bad day" last week, which was discussed here on a thread started by (we believe) Khun Tywais, BBB service has popped back up to its usual semi-mediocre level, here in the "outer Nong Hoi" area.

Glad to hear others are getting great download speed increases with BBB !

As many others have commented, on many threads here about internet services in general (adsl), your internet performance will probably be directly affected by the distance between where you live, and the "consolidating routers" or "hubs" that feed into the ISP's main "pipe."

best, ~o:37;

• 2 weeks later...

I was disconnected from 3BB about 2 months ago. The reason given was that I am too far from the server. Others in the same village are still able to use 3BB so I don't quite understand the reason. They were happy to provide very poor download speeds for a year before I started to show them my download test speeds. The last straw was when i mentioned the word TOT.

I suspect, but cannot prove, that 3BB terminates marginal users if they transfer a large volume of data. If users only use email and browse the web there is no problem but if you are a heavy user and dare to complain they cut you off.

I finally got my TOT wireless and am hugely impressed. For a 6 MB service I am getting downloads greater than 6MB and so far no breaks in the service. The long wait for the service has been worth it.

I have the 3BB Premier plan that costs 1167 baht a month but after hearing some of the fast downloads with the 599 baht 6MB plan whether maybe I should switch over. Is the 599 baht plan download still fast if you are connecting to US websites or is it only good for local sites? Got the more expensive Premier plan because I was told it would work better if connecting to sites outside of Thailand but maybe that's really not the case.

It's difficult to say for sure what works best in an individual case. Your area, how many people share the bandwidth you are paying for and how heavily they use it, as well as the specific distance to the DSLAM from your home are some important factors, and these differ from place to place.

I was disconnected from 3BB about 2 months ago. The reason given was that I am too far from the server. Others in the same village are still able to use 3BB so I don't quite understand the reason. They were happy to provide very poor download speeds for a year before I started to show them my download test speeds. The last straw was when i mentioned the word TOT.

I suspect, but cannot prove, that 3BB terminates marginal users if they transfer a large volume of data. If users only use email and browse the web there is no problem but if you are a heavy user and dare to complain they cut you off.

I finally got my TOT wireless and am hugely impressed. For a 6 MB service I am getting downloads greater than 6MB and so far no breaks in the service. The long wait for the service has been worth it.

I download Gigs .. almost daily. They are providing me great service. Perhaps you are just too far from a node for them to help with your needs and rather than try and fix something that was not in fact broken, they just let you go your own way (since apparently you mentioned an alternative available to you.)

I have the 3BB Premier plan that costs 1167 baht a month but after hearing some of the fast downloads with the 599 baht 6MB plan whether maybe I should switch over. Is the 599 baht plan download still fast if you are connecting to US websites or is it only good for local sites? Got the more expensive Premier plan because I was told it would work better if connecting to sites outside of Thailand but maybe that's really not the case.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GorForIt,

Ah, we have that same plan (no longer offered), and also are wondering why we're stuck at around 400~420k downloads. Note we are not using Torrent, or similar: our machine is not, and will never be, a "server."

So, may we "second" your question as being of interest. A "confounding factor" may be, however, that we are at a long physical distance from the consolidating router which has been a source of problems in the past.

best, ~o:37;