Serious Pool In Bangkok

Wolf

For serious serious pool THE place in bangkok is A Ball in Hand across from the Rajah Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4. Kuhn tim the owner is downright neurotic about having the premium commercial felt, competition grade pool balls, and all the tips on house cues are manicured regularly. He has a regular schedule for leveling the tables and keeping the equipment to regulation standards. International rules are posted and there is always a judge on site to make rulings if requested. Very well run, the tables are usually full.

To my delighted surprise, I found a place in Pattaya where "real pool" is played.  .. The venue is a little hard to find.

There is a web site for this place, with map: http://www.virsite.net/pool/ Substitute "Schlemmer Garten" (gone bust) for "Happy House Beer Bars" (the new beer bar area in town), and you'll find this place No Problem!

They now have a new Grand Champion Olhausen table with Simonis cloth, in addition to the Brunswick Gold Crown IV table. This is really too good for Pattaya!

To my delighted surprise, I found a place in Pattaya where "real pool" is played.  .. The venue is a little hard to find.

There is a web site for this place, with map: http://www.virsite.net/pool/ Substitute "Schlemmer Garten" (gone bust) for "Happy House Beer Bars" (the new beer bar area in town), and you'll find this place No Problem!

They now have a new Grand Champion Olhausen table with Simonis cloth, in addition to the Brunswick Gold Crown IV table. This is really too good for Pattaya!

Theres another place just opened in pattaya that is to the same standard as megabreak/ball in hand in bangkok as it is the owner of the megabreak brand that owns it. Its about half way down soi dianna between 2nd road and soi bukao on the left if you heading towards 2nd road. Quality tables/cues/food/girls :o

For those of you who ever visit or stay in Hua Hin, there is a pool league which many of the bars with tables participate in, on Wednesday nights from 8pm. Not many of the tables are up to Megabreaks standards (and some are the mini-snooker table type) but the standard rules are one shot, ball in hand, although only nomination on the 8 ball. This generally applies for 'casual' games in most bars too. We alternate between an 8 ball and a 9 ball league, with the latter about to start in October. Occasional players for teams are most welcome, and details of the league will be available on the Hua Hin After Dark website (http://www.huahinafterdark.com/) from around the middle of October. Contact details are also available on the forums there. We look forward to seeing you!