Thinking Of Doing A Degree In The Thai Language

dubwise

You will have to give moreinformation if you want replies ....

do you mean a degree in thai language medium, or thai language majour?

Where are you coming from? Do you speak Thai,? Read write?

Where would you be staying, and why think of Thailand?

I did my degree in Thailand, and there are a couple of threads on the topic if you search. But we can't help until you give us the details.

I think you have made a good choice with Bangkok. Many people speak the Thai language there and you should have many opporturnities for conversatoins outsided the classroom. A good second choice would be Vientienne, Laos since the Lao language is similar to the Thai language but if you decide on Vientienne you must be sure that you won't be confusing the two languages when taking your exams. I would, however, not recommend Budapest...even though Budapest sounds alot like Buddhism (which is the most popular religion in Thailand) there are not many Thai speaking people there. Likewise for Bangalor which sounds alot like Bangkok. You might consider Bangalor if you wanted to major in Humorous Constructions in the English Language but that doesn't seem to be the direction you're heading. Actually you probably should forget about learning the Thai language because the Thai government just announced that they are launching a ten year program to improve the teaching of the English language in Thailand and it seems that shortly after you receive your degree in the Thai language all of the Thai people will be speaking nothing but English and your credentials will be about as useful as someone who has a degree in Latin or Ancient Greek or French. Good luck.

You might consider Bangalor if you wanted to major in Humorous Constructions in the English Language but that doesn't seem to be the direction you're heading.  Actually you probably should forget about learning the Thai language because the Thai government just announced that they are launching a ten year program to improve the teaching of the English language in Thailand and it seems that shortly after you receive your degree in the Thai language all of the Thai people will be speaking nothing but English and your credentials will be about as useful as someone who has a degree in Latin or Ancient Greek or French.  Good luck.

:o