Emigration

Assuming you mean for retirement visa?

Rates now posted near front door,,,, 1900 baht if you do not plan to leave the country, 3800 baht if you wish multiple entry,,,,,

You can just do the 1900 baht, but make sure to go back and get a re entry permit here on Samui, if you plan to head over a border or overseas,,,,, another 1900 baht,,,,, unless recently changed fees,,,,,,

Some have had problems with this,in the past, but not seen to much problems posted since Price sign was put up last year.....

I think you mean "Immigration". Where do you have to go and how are you getting a one year visa?

Correct, I mean Immigration. I want to make it here on Samui, retirement visa O.

Well, hope you have had your 800,000 baht sitting in the bank for three months, twiddling its thumbs.... annoyed.gif or proof of income verified... and assuming too, you have already got a retirement visa... because you cannot apply for that here on Samui.

Letter from Bank & passport size photo, if you have already a retirement visa.

I think you mean "Immigration". Where do you have to go and how are you getting a one year visa?

Correct, I mean Immigration. I want to make it here on Samui, retirement visa O.

Well, hope you have had your 800,000 baht sitting in the bank for three months, twiddling its thumbs.... annoyed.gif or proof of income verified... and assuming too, you have already got a retirement visa... because you cannot apply for that here on Samui.

Correction there Jimmy.Your answer is a bit off topic, but slightly incorrect. You can get it in Samui .But to make sure double check in the Visa forum.

Also from memory after reading it, first time 2 months in the bank. Again check with Visa forum or immigration office.

Correction there Jimmy.Your answer is a bit off topic, but slightly incorrect. You can get it in Samui .But to make sure double check in the Visa forum.

Also from memory after reading it, first time 2 months in the bank. Again check with Visa forum or immigration office.

Well sorry, Rooo, if seemed to get off topic, & stand corrected, the question is not totally clear, about whether for new retirement visa, or renewal. I was just trying to point out, the possible problem I've seen happen to people.

I know two people who have gone through trying to apply for a New retirement visa here and been been given something that is not a true "retirement visa" and spent thousands of baht doing it.... and even gone down with one of the border run companies ... still not getting what they wanted.... finding that out later....

I agree people should pop down to the Immigration office and ask... just to make sure what's new on the menu this weekbiggrin.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Thank you for your good advise. This is a renewal of a retirement visa, so I have everything I need to make a new one. The problem is that earlyer years they have gladly taken 5000 bath from me. But I think it was Poor Sucker who brought up this problem som mouths ago. He talked himself into 1900 bath and I like to do the same-same.

Thank you for your good advise. This is a renewal of a retirement visa, so I have everything I need to make a new one. The problem is that earlyer years they have gladly taken 5000 bath from me. But I think it was Poor Sucker who brought up this problem som mouths ago. He talked himself into 1900 bath and I like to do the same-same.

Well great... I know some have had problems, but ("touch wood") I've not had a problem, the curly hair girl there set me right from the first time, I had to do it.... I must have smiled at her nicely enough! :)

I was asked last year for 3800 baht, but said I had no plans to leave Thailand,... no problem... 1900 baht then! Mr Nok carefully inspected my bank book though.... and complained he was overworked! :o

At least now they have the prices posted.... :jap: