Sudan blames Israel for airstrike that kill two people

News_Editor

Sudan blames Israel for airstrike that kill two people

2011-04-07 00:27:19 GMT+7 (ICT)

KHARTOUM, SUDAN (BNO NEWS) -- Sudan on Tuesday blamed Israel for the fatal airstrike that killed two individuals inside a vehicle, the Sudan tribune reported on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, a foreign plane launched an attack on a vehicle at about 9:00 p.m. local time in Kalaneeb, approximately 14 kilometers (8.69 miles) away from the coastal city of Port Sudan.

Two individuals, whose identities were not disclosed, were killed instantly in the airstrike. The victims had just arrived in town through the Port Sudan airport. One of the individuals was Sudanese.

It was informed that Sudanese anti-aircraft defenses responded with heavy fire which caused the foreign jet to flee. However, deputy Red Sea governor Salah Sir Al-Khitim Kenna said on Wednesday that the attack was not caused by an aircraft but by a missile fired from an unknown location.

Sudanese police added that the missile was likely fired from the Red Sea. On the other hand, the deputy chairman of the ruling National Congress Party (NCP) in the Red Sea state Mohamed Tahir Hussein said that an airplane came from the Red Sea, hit the vehicle and fled.

Hussein specifically pointed out that the attack was perpetrated by the Israeli spy agency (Mossad). He added that the aircraft was tracking arms smugglers. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied commenting on the case.

In 2009, Israel executed a number of airstrikes in Eastern Sudan. The attack targeted a convoy of weapons smugglers who were allegedly heading to the Gaza Strip, an area controlled by the militant group Hamas.

In recent times, Egypt reportedly intercepted a convoy of vehicles loaded with weapons near the Sudanese border. No further information was given and Sudan denied the reports as well as smuggling arms through its territory for the Hamas and Hezbollah groups.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-04-07

The cheek of it trying to stop terrorists smuggling chemical weapons to Hamas/Hizbollah. :annoyed:

http://www.debka.com/article/20821/

Late Tuesday, April 5, two passengers of a Hyundai Sonata car were killed in a mysterious attack by a missile that wrecked their car near Port Sudan. debkafile's counter-terror sources report that the attack, carried out by an unmanned aerial vehicle at Kalaneeb south of Port Said, targeted the Hamas representative in Sudan in charge of the vast Iranian weapons smuggling enterprise for the Gaza Strip via Egypt and the Suez Canal. His latest task was to organize the transfer to Port Sudan of a shipment of mustard and nerve gas purchased by Hamas and Hizballah representatives with Tehran's help from Libyan rebels in Benghazi.

The covert WMD consignment was destined for Gaza and Lebanon.

Hmmm, The mock indignation of you peaceniks is never a surprise. I suppose Israel should have passively stood by and waited for the first chemical weapon attacks on it's civilians then be investigated again by the UNHRC if they retaliate. The wounded party would hardly win any beauty contest either being responsible for the murder of hundreds of thousands of Sudanese Christians. Still best let that one slide on the basis of my enemy's enemy being my friend. :jap:

Were are people getting thier intelligence from confirming that they were transporting chemical weapons ? I guess Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was packing a chemical weapon in his a&$e when he got whacked in Dubai also. :)

Were are people getting thier intelligence from confirming that they were transporting chemical weapons ? I guess Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was packing a chemical weapon in his a&$e when he got whacked in Dubai also. :)

Don't be silly, packing anything in one's arse warrants the death sentence under Sharia. I do note how quickly you decide to believe the Sudanese account of events, even though they can't make their minds up whether it was a plane or a missile that carried out the hit. You also choose to believe an unofficial Israeli news source as it suits your agenda, though there has been no official confirmation on the part of Israel.

Don't be silly, packing anything in one's arse warrants the death sentence under Sharia. I do note how quickly you decide to believe the Sudanese account of events, even though they can't make their minds up whether it was a plane or a missile that carried out the hit. You also choose to believe an unofficial Israeli news source as it suits your agenda, though there has been no official confirmation on the part of Israel.

So Israel is practicing sharia law now are they. :lol:

That is Israels policy. No neither deny nor confirm any covert activity that they conduct. Considering the article states that an AA crew fired on a unidentified aircraft. Then yes I do assume an aircraft was the platform that fired on the target. At the very least in was incuring on soveriegn land. Again. Furthermore, considering the fact that Israel have conducted this sort of activity in Sudan in the past, then yes it is safe to assume that is was indeed Israel. I like the use of the word, you ,you, you in this quote as if I am in the wrong and everyvbody else is correct. ;)

That is Israels policy. No neither deny nor confirm any covert activity that they conduct. Considering the article states that an AA crew fired on a unidentified aircraft. Then yes I do assume an aircraft was the platform that fired on the target. At the very least in was incuring on soveriegn land. Again. Furthermore, considering the fact that Israel have conducted this sort of activity in Sudan in the past, then yes it is safe to assume that is was indeed Israel. I like the use of the word, you ,you, you in this quote as if I am in the wrong and everyvbody else is correct. ;)

Use of the words, 'you, you, you', in the context you used seems quite appropriate.

Use of the words, 'you, you, you', in the context you used seems quite appropriate.

Do you have anything to put towards Sudan blames Israel for airstrike that kill two people ? :offtopic:

Do you have anything to put towards Sudan blames Israel for airstrike that kill two people ? :offtopic:

Naw, not really.

I'm just trying to work out in my mind the logistics of flying an F-16 from Israel to Sudan on the off hand chance of hitting the one car carrying two terrorists in the entire country.

As far as the claim that the crack Sudanese anti-aircraft batteries let loose...perhaps it was that infamous Israeli buzzard that was really circling the city.

Can buzzards carry Predators? Think, man, Think!

Interesting point of view chuckd. Much better than previous post.

The F16 has a radiasof 2,280 NM (2,620 mi, 4,220 km) with drop tanks. What about the logistics of having a predator on station for god knows how long in the middle of Africa waiting for said terrorists to be engaged? Without anybody seeing it ??

Predator drones are highly visable vehicles, slow and alot easier to engage than an attack aircraft. Ask the residents of Wazistan. They see them almost every other day. There they are on station all the time as they are forward deployed out of the Ghan.

Ok, How about you, Hammered and the North Sudan government? I think South Sudan may not share your outrage in view of the genocide which resulted in their independence from the North.

I don't even know what you are trying to put across with this post. But it does seem quite off :offtopic:

However i can tell you that I don't feel rage so much as some other people. It is an emotion without benefit. One minute you are implying I am a peacenik and the next breath I am siding with a government that openly kills its own people. One could do well to make up ones mind and stick to it. :cheesy:

Ok, How about you, Hammered and the North Sudan government? I think South Sudan may not share your outrage in view of the genocide which resulted in their independence from the North.

I don't even know what you are trying to put across with this post. But it does seem quite off :offtopic:

However i can tell you that I don't feel rage so much as some other people. It is an emotion without benefit. One minute you are implying I am a peacenik and the next breath I am siding with a government that openly kills its own people. One could do well to make up ones mind and stick to it. :cheesy:

No contradiction old chap, Peaceniks is as peaceniks does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tPpjd5ZRU

As for logistics, You don't need to keep your raptor in the sky as long if the perp has GPS attached to him or you have very good on the ground intelligence.

map_of_sudan.jpg

Massive country. Lots of miles to cover. Millions of Sammy's everywhere. But nobody seen a drone over head.

OP : In 2009, Israel executed a number of airstrikes in Eastern Sudan. The attack targeted a convoy of weapons smugglers who were allegedly heading to the Gaza Strip, an area controlled by the militant group Hamas.

This incident has the exact MO as the previous airstrikes. Eastern Sudan,targeting weapon smugglers. F16 flies down the red sea low and fast. Pops up close to the coast and BOOM!!

One minute you are implying I am a peacenik and the next breath I am siding with a government that openly kills its own people.

That probably has something to do with reading all the excuses for various terrorists and various rogue nations in different posts.

One minute you are implying I am a peacenik and the next breath I am siding with a government that openly kills its own people.

That probably has something to do with reading all the excuses for various terrorists and various rogue nations in different posts.

:spamsign: