Non-Immigrant "O" In Vientiane

hello,

I'm going to vientiane to apply for a new visa (as my current non-immigrant 'o' is going to expire).

I have a Thai wife and we have a child. I have marriage certificate, birth certificate of my child and all that stuff (all from Europe). The only thing I don't have is 400,000THB on my account or the income of 40,000THB/month. Do you think it's possible for me to get non-immigrant 'o' visa in vientiane? Would it help if I took my wife with me? What do you think is the best option for me? As much as I understand the requirement of being able to support your family I find it quite strange that if you can do it for the less than 40,000THB/month then still if you don't have that 40k they will just want to keep the family separated. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions and comments that could help me in my situation.

You should be able to obtain a single entry using marriage certificate/birth certificate and copy of wife ID card and home register. In KL you can obtain a multi entry valid for one year of 90 day stays with 100k in a bank account.

You can also visit immigration with wife and paperwork to obtain a 60 day extension of stay to visit her/family for 1,900 baht to provide a little more time.

thank you very much for your reply.

As far as KL is concerned. Do you know if that 100k needs to be on my account for a 3 months? (similar to 400k in Thailand)

Again, thank you for such a swift reply.

thank you so much,

the more I read these answers the more relieved I feel.

I have one last question if you'd be so kind to answer. I just checked my register book and my name figures in there not as a registered person but as the father of a child who is registered at this house. Do you think that would be enough? Also, I've read somewhere that a letter from wife would help. Is that correct?

Just to sum up so I won't bother you again:

- marriage certificate

- birth certificate

- my name in the house register book

- a letter from my wife

The above should be enough for single entry non-immigrant type 'o' in Laos?

Sorry to be a pain...

mchristo

They are interested in your wife on a house registration book - not you - to help prove relationship is current. As you have child and name on because of that it is added proof. Have wife sign copy of her ID card and home register. The letter is also added insurance. Procedure is apply in morning and pick up next day.

They are interested in your wife on a house registration book - not you - to help prove relationship is current. As you have child and name on because of that it is added proof. Have wife sign copy of her ID card and home register. The letter is also added insurance. Procedure is apply in morning and pick up next day.

thank you. you have even answered the question I haven't asked (how long does it take for them to issue the visa?). You have been more than helpful :)

• 3 months later...

You should be able to obtain a single entry using marriage certificate/birth certificate and copy of wife ID card and home register. In KL you can obtain a multi entry valid for one year of 90 day stays with 100k in a bank account.

You can also visit immigration with wife and paperwork to obtain a 60 day extension of stay to visit her/family for 1,900 baht to provide a little more time.

Sorry to bump this oldish thread but it is probably better to post here than start a new one..

Is it possible to get the 60-day extension based on marriage for any (or each) of the 90-day entries permitted by a multiple entry non-imm O visa?

If this were the case, to stay a year in total you would not need to leave every three months, but every 5 months - stay 90 days, extend for 60 days, then do a border run to get another 90 days, etc.

Or is it only possible to get a 60-day marriage extension for a 90-day single-entry non-imm O visa?

Edited by tommet

It would be up to Immigration. Currently they seem to be willing to issue an extension on any entry at most locations (but may limit to 4 a year at some or even less). Does not seem to be any fixed rule. So nothing lost is doing until told no.

My non-O runs out on 25th August. I have 400K in my account and have so for 3 months. If I go to immigration before my non-O expires is the most I can hope for a 60 day extension or is it possible to apply for a visa within Thailand based on my marriage which will allow me to stay in Thailand for a year?

You can apply for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife at Immigration. Money in the bank for 2 months.

Apply within the final 30 days of your stay. Take your Wife with you.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

It seems that just a marriage certificate is enough to get a Non-immigrant SINGLE entry in Lao (Vientiane).

But I cannot find what they require to get a multiple entry ?

Also, with a multiple entry, can you leave the country as many times as you want ? And do you have an entry permit too pay when you come back ?

Thanks for help.

Hello,

It seems that just a marriage certificate is enough to get a Non-immigrant SINGLE entry in Lao (Vientiane).

But I cannot find what they require to get a multiple entry ?

Also, with a multiple entry, can you leave the country as many times as you want ? And do you have an entry permit too pay when you come back ?

Thanks for help.

Vientienne will not issue a Multi Entry.

They expect you to extend at Immigration in Thailand.

A Multi Entry means you can come and go as you please as long as the Visa is still valid.

Each entry has a maximum of 90 days.

100,000 Baht in any bank on the date of application.

No need to a Thai bank . No need to be in the bank for any period of time.

I am planning a trip to Vientiene early in the new year 2012 to apply for a Non 'O' visa I will probably just need a single entry. How much will visa cost and will I only need to show proof of 100,000THB in a Thai or international bank account.

Thanks LL

I am planning a trip to Vientiene early in the new year 2012 to apply for a Non 'O' visa I will probably just need a single entry. How much will visa cost and will I only need to show proof of 100,000THB in a Thai or international bank account.

Thanks LL

Plus, of course, a copy of your marriage certificate, wife's ID card and a letter from your Thai wife.

This thread is about obtaining the visa if married to a Thai.

If not married to a Thai you will have to have a valid reason to be issued with a Non-Immigrant 'O' visa.

Well this might be interesting.

I think i just read i can get a multiple entry marriage visa ?

So with this, i don't have to extend the 90 day at jomtien immigration, instead i can just do a visa run to cambodia border ?

Yes/ No ?

Well this might be interesting.

I think i just read i can get a multiple entry marriage visa ?

So with this, i don't have to extend the 90 day at jomtien immigration, instead i can just do a visa run to cambodia border ?

Yes/ No ?

You aren't making extensions every 90 days, you are doing an address report. Yes, you could apply for a multi-entry visa, do a border run every 90 days.

Savanakhet, no money in bank for 1 year Multi-O. :)

Hello,

Can I know exactly how to go to SAVANAKHET ?

And what do you need to get the MULTIPLE ENTRIES NON IMMIGRANT O Visa ?

Thanks.

http://www.thaivisa....06#entry4783406

Here is a recent report that may answer some of your questions, they don't issue multi entries in Vientianne, but at Savankhet.

Found in the Pinned Topics Section, that apparently very few bother to look at.

Edited by beechguy

In order to do a multiple entry marriage visa:

Do i have to apply for the visa in BKK or any Embassy abroad ?

Also do i have to request a multiple entry specifically ?

A visa can only be acquired from abroad. Yes you have to ask specifically for a multiple. Most in the region will only issue a single, Savanakhet will issue a multiple as will Kuala Lumphur (KL on show of 100,000 in a bankaccount in your name).

You can get an extension of stay from immigration (with a mutiple re-entry permit) if you can show an income of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad) or 400,000 in a bankaccount in your name in Thailand for at least 2 months.