185 Seconds

petedk

Is it just me or do others have problems.

I just timed from when I clicked on "Post New Topic" to the time it took for this page to load ....... 185 seconds!!!

The last few days I have hardly been able to use Thai Visa as it's so slow. I've tried different browsers and cleared all caches.

Incidentally I don't have problems with other sites except one "Nationmultimedia.com". Does TV and The Nation share the same server?

(I just noticed this page still hasn't opened 100% .. maybe 5 minutes now).

Anyway at the Nation I also get all sorts of error messages. I just tried to open one link and was told "The server's security certificate has been revoked"

Another link gave the same result.

Any ideas why?

Do others have the same problems?

No, Thaivisa does not share servers with the Nation. I haven't had these issues at all, what ISP do you use?

I use True.

I haven't really had problems until recently and as I mentioned other websites open very fast.

Just now I logged on without any problems. It seems that sometimes the page hangs for several minutes. Sometimes it helps to do a refresh.

Sometimes I don't get a complete webpage but just a list of the links on the homepage.

Try looking at the Nation today.

There is a link on the homepage.

Sophistication with... An Italian restaurant on trendy Ekamai serves classic dishes in an....

If I click on that using Firefox the page just hangs. If I use Chrome I get the "server security certificate has been revoked"

I seem to have all sorts of problems with these 2 sites.

No, Thaivisa does not share servers with the Nation. I haven't had these issues at all, what ISP do you use?

I use True.

I haven't really had problems until recently and as I mentioned other websites open very fast.

Just now I logged on without any problems. It seems that sometimes the page hangs for several minutes. Sometimes it helps to do a refresh.

Sometimes I don't get a complete webpage but just a list of the links on the homepage.

Try looking at the Nation today.

There is a link on the homepage.

Sophistication with... An Italian restaurant on trendy Ekamai serves classic dishes in an....

If I click on that using Firefox the page just hangs. If I use Chrome I get the "server security certificate has been revoked"

I seem to have all sorts of problems with these 2 sites.

petedk, you're not the only one. I've had exactly the same experience as you including hanging or getting a page of links. I'm on True and use Google for my DNS and for almost every other site I use it performs much better than True. I rarely waste my time with the terrible nation site so no loss there. As for this site then if it doesn't open straight away like it should then I try again later, not worth changing my settings just for one website.

• 2 weeks later...

i have exactly the same problem as OP. Only thaivisa has this problem for me, even youtube videos stream faster than a single page load. I wonder if its something to do with the ad server as the ads seem to be the last things to load. I use true 10MB.