Whats That Lump Under The Rug?

Gonzo the Face

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GonzoTheFace,

Hope this may help your investigation into what's under the rug.

resurrection.jpg

best, ~o:37;

ROFL

I don't think anything is "under the rug" but things take time, and things taking time are way too boring for the "news" media who would rather hop onto the bandwagon for the next disaster, earthquake, civil war, or even just a new outrage here in Chiang Mai. Nobody is interested on a follow-up, or if you are, then you're the minority.

If you think about it the entire process of following the so-called "news" is an utterly pointless waste of time. Took me years of reading the daily newspaper to figure this out.

Edit:

I guess this takes more explanation so there are a few different angles to "news"

- Actionability - Can I do anything with this information - normally, not. Gruel killings in Darfur are terrible, but what's the point of getting all upset about it when in actuality there is no action I can take to influence these happenings? What were you doing about the German that got shot right here in Chiang Mai? He could have been your neighbor. What did you do?

- The quantity of it - we cannot follow all the news in the world

- The quality of it - if you have ever read any story in any newspaper, or worse seen one on TV, about a topic you happen to know about then you know that what you hear in the news and what's actually happening are two VERY different things. And I am talking about quality newspapers, sunday rags are even worse, or maybe better, because no one takes them seriously in the first place. On ever single one of those occasions where I knew more than the average person about something written in the newspaper, I noticed that the story has very little to do with reality. Now extrapolate that to all stories...

I believe that we can all make this world a better place - by being here, by being now, by seeing what is around us, and by taking action where we are.

Edited by nikster

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GonzoTheFace,

Hope this may help your investigation into what's under the rug.

resurrection.jpg

best, ~o:37;

True love til the end....

Grandma sticking right by Grandpa.

Grandpa , even til the last moments, thinking of comforting Grandma by giving her a chin support.

:whistling:

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I have no idea but they mainly dish out 30 day suspensions (had a few myself) so he/she may be back after serving 'time'

When it says 'BANNED" on one's membership status there is no coming back in this lifetime . ghost-17.gif

Really George? That serious Hmm ?

update on the miracle whip situation would be nice and where is gotlost?

Gotlost is banned. :(

That sucks,now how are we going to know it's raining?

I think when we lose a veteran poster there should be thread where we can see the post that did it. Or at least a big hint.

I can't imagine Gotlost taking a step to far.

Ah, that`s sad.

The guy suffered a stroke some years ago and was not able to get out much. Thai visa was his hobby.

Anyone remember the rape and murder case of Kirsty Jones, aged 23, in the Aree Guesthouse, Chiang Mai. Back in 2000. Was any progress ever made in finding the murderer?

when I used to see posters with 1000's of posts in relatively short periods of time I used to think "haven't you got a life??". and now like a bolt out of the blue comes crystal clear clarity. I wont think that anymore. Thanks for another life lesson.

I have no idea but they mainly dish out 30 day suspensions (had a few myself) so he/she may be back after serving 'time'

When it says 'BANNED" on one's membership status there is no coming back in this lifetime . ghost-17.gif

Ohhh no reincarnation via another laptop?

[

Gotlost is banned. :(

That sucks,now how are we going to know it's raining?

I think when we lose a veteran poster there should be thread where we can see the post that did it. Or at least a big hint.

I can't imagine Gotlost taking a step to far.

Ah, that`s sad.

The guy suffered a stroke some years ago and was not able to get out much. Thai visa was his hobby.

Anyone remember the rape and murder case of Kirsty Jones, aged 23, in the Aree Guesthouse, Chiang Mai. Back in 2000. Was any progress ever made in finding the murderer?

when I used to see posters with 1000's of posts in relatively short periods of time I used to think "haven't you got a life??". and now like a bolt out of the blue comes crystal clear clarity. I wont think that anymore. Thanks for another life lesson.

So true !

Seems as though my post may have been swept under the rug too! I was simply asking whether there had been any news on the Ian Forbes face sticker mystery. Are we not allowed to discuss it on here or was it a technical error? I apologise if I have broken any rules by mentioning this.

^It's not a question of breaking forum rules, but more a case of stiring up trouble by discussing a long time closed thread.

Can we please leave Ian Forbes outta this thread, hardly in the same vein as discussing murders and drug busts

16yr old girl runs a van full of Uni students off the highway?, Girl gets cut in half by young boy racing his dad's porsche?

...and what the F happened to all the Miracle Whip??????????

what happed about the young girl that got killed was the young man gave himself up to police 3 days later and a arrangement was made with the girls family

for compensation according to the bangkok post

what amazed me was in the same paper 4 or 5 pages later was an advert fore Porsche with the heading( Porsche a car to die for )

what on earth the editor was thinking buy not taking it out for that day ill never know

16yr old girl runs a van full of Uni students off the highway?, Girl gets cut in half by young boy racing his dad's porsche?

...and what the F happened to all the Miracle Whip??????????

what happed about the young girl that got killed was the young man gave himself up to police 3 days later and a arrangement was made with the girls family

for compensation according to the bangkok post

what amazed me was in the same paper 4 or 5 pages later was an advert fore Porsche with the heading( Porsche a car to die for )

what on earth the editor was thinking buy not taking it out for that day ill never know

I think one of the bumps under the rug is moving.

The mysterious deaths in CM Inn ..... there is a story in the Thailand News forum.

Couple from Seattle, escaped by the skin of their teeth after being hospitalized on the 8th of April...the story on the moving bump again in the Thai Visa News Forum

At times like this, I wonder why I love living here. But I do. And will continue to do so. And to Ulysses G; I had no idea that there was a difference in 'drugs' here. Having spent the first 23 years of my life in England then the following 20 years in Australia I'm used to a system of category A, B an C drugs. I honestly thought that in Thailand drugs were drugs. Full stop. I'm obviously confusing it with Malaysia, where drugs can be ganga, heroin or yaba (or shabu as they call it there), and are all equal under the law. I continue to learn in this marvellous country that I now call home.

• 2 weeks later...

Some were offered new classes with additional payment, some visas were carried. Most lost there visa/extensions before the school made any attempts to "help". For those of us that paid by credit cards, we were able to get refunds for class fees, but incurred many more fees for doing additional visa runs, new schools, etc. I've also heard that the school was giving refunds with the correct receipt but can't confirm that myself. Haven't heard anything further from Mr. Kay's promises to pay refunds from his personal funds...

Here is a lump under the rug looking for a wriggle....

What was the end result with the expats in the language school at CMU?

Were they given refunds?

Were they put into other classes or schools?

Was asked about that today and had no idea of the answer

G

...and what about that thread sometime ago regarding the disappearance of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese from the stores!!? Now that's a travesty. Any update on that? Is it back on the shelves, or gone forever?

I'm actually serious. Sometimes we have weird cravings ph34r.gif

...and what about that thread sometime ago regarding the disappearance of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese from the stores!!? Now that's a travesty. Any update on that? Is it back on the shelves, or gone forever?

re. the macaronni, I am told that they were removed because they shown to be fakes....

Upon opening the packages they found the elbo macaronni to be bent in the opposite direction.

:shock1:

re. the macaronni, I am told that they were removed because they shown to be fakes....

Upon opening the packages they found the elbo macaronni to be bent in the opposite direction.

:shock1:

And whats more the stuff went soft when placed in hot water.

Anybody punished for the Santika tragedy?

The owner and manager are doing time.

I know this as a fact because I actually know the owner and was offered the job of managing the place the Autumn before it burned.

Dodged a bullet there fore sure :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

....anything new in the spiced up cookies and chocolate bakery from Chiang Moi Rd.

g

Haven't heard anything new other than he is in Mae Rim jail awaiting trial. I heard he was offered a deal (I don't know how many years), but he rejected the deal. The Thai wife was granted bail. AFAIK she is awaiting trial also. Best of luck to both of them.