Songkran In Obamaland

gpdjohn

So, here I am..back in the Big Suck for a few months. Off to the Songkran festivities at the local Wat.

No problem..good Thai food, see some old Thai friends I haven't seen since I had moved away. Felt like I was right back at home in the Realm.

1 guy on a guitar with his 2 kids singing songs... not bad. Some Santana, sang a few from other artists.

And then it happened....

They laid into the Thai national anthem..

HOTEL CALIFORNIA....

Hey Jack..this "vacation" sux! This place sux, big time. Got my bills paid and finished hauling nuclear grade materials xcross this great big hunk 'o shit. Should be back soon.

Naw Andy, spent it at Wat Promkunaram out here west of Glendale, Arizona. ( it's actually located in Waddell, AZ ..the temple where several monks were shot to death in a burglary 16 or so years ago..sad story )

Temps were down in the 40's, which were at 100 degreesF 3 days ago and it was raining. Burrrrr Food, not to plentiful, but was alright..wife got her fill of somtom balat, yep..balat. Couldn't believe they actually had that crap stuff over here...

Too cold for me to have anything but some fish ball soup 'n noodles.

I had told the wife when the guy and his family were playing, that if they did play Hotel California we were going to go home...but I actually stayed awhile longer to chat w/ some old friends.

And I came home sober.. another first.

Amazing Obamaland!