Getting A Credit Card In Phuket

ssinlos

So Warp and BTB, what have you contributed with in this thread to help OP get a Phuket Credit card?

I just contributed my witt and charming personality, 'WarpSpeed' did all the clever stuff. :)

Heavy lifting is my life :( ...

I see now though that in my previous post this quote

If on the other hand your presumption of him wanting an unsecured credit card then your information is irrefutable and no one has disputed that fact either..

Is not as I intended it should read as follows.

If on the other hand your presumption of him wanting a secured credit card then your information is irrefutable and no one has disputed that fact either..
Edited by WarpSpeed

I think what we've both contributed is debunking your inaccurate description and information regarding a secured line of credit versus an unsecured line of credit.

Since the OP does not distinguish but most likely it can be presumed he was speaking in terms of an unsecured credit card in which he has no need to produce a significant inaccessible deposit then both BTB and myself are accurate in our advice and information.

If on the other hand your presumption of him wanting an unsecured credit card then your information is irrefutable and no one has disputed that fact either..

Are you happy now???

If you had read the whole thread, you would have noticed I mentioned BOT requires CC to be secured for foreigners without WP and tax reciepts, as you have experienced with your wife. I was providing a solution for those without WP and LOS tax history. It still stands.

So why not display it to prove what you claim, just remember to remove her name, adress and passportnumber. I v got my and my GF here, but no such rating/points/weighing so nothing to display

Display what?? My credit card?? Not going to display anything anyway's as I don't use the picture function but you can choose to dismiss the fact that we have them or have made numerous purchases or not, up to you.. I know different from personal experience just apply for credit and watch the process, there is definitely a credit rating process in play it's just not transparent as we're used to in the west which is why most don't know it exists.. We have rights back there to question and be informed where as here you don't at least not to the same limits, simple as that..

Is not as I intended it should read as follows.

If on the other hand your presumption of him wanting a secured credit card then your information is irrefutable and no one has disputed that fact either..

I didnt presume anything. I displayed what it takes to get a CC in Phuket for a foreigner. For those without WP and tax history, and for those with WP and tax history. And for Thais.

I think what we've both contributed is debunking your inaccurate description and information regarding a secured line of credit versus an unsecured line of credit.

Since the OP does not distinguish but most likely it can be presumed he was speaking in terms of an unsecured credit card in which he has no need to produce a significant inaccessible deposit then both BTB and myself are accurate in our advice and information.

Are you happy now???

If you had read the whole thread, you would have noticed I mentioned BOT requires CC to be secured for foreigners without WP and tax reciepts, as you have experienced with your wife. I was providing a solution for those without WP and LOS tax history. It still stands.

I have... From the OP to this point and that's what I answered as did BTB and you assumed from the beginning that the OP is requesting an unsecured CC which he never distinguishes. You're twisting this thread again to suit your argument and I know what was stated and what was responded to so it's all redundant..

Edited by WarpSpeed

So why not display it to prove what you claim, just remember to remove her name, adress and passportnumber. I v got my and my GF here, but no such rating/points/weighing so nothing to display

Display what?? My credit card?? Not going to display anything anyway's as I don't use the picture function but you can choose to dismiss the fact that we have them or have made numerous purchases or not, up to you.. I know different from personal experience just apply for credit and watch the process, there is definitely a credit rating process in play it's just not transparent as we're used to in the west which is why most don't know it exists.. We have rights back there to question and be informed where as here you don't at least not to the same limits, simple as that..

I just asked you to display a support of your claim of how Thai credit rating works, as we seem to disagree, as ours do not contain the information you claim they do, weighing/points etc,

I do believe you have a credit card, easy to get, 5 minutes and arrive by post 2 weeks later :)

Bank of Ayudhya (yellow bank) issued me Credit Card. No work permit, never payed income tax in LOS.

Required part of my savings account locked as a reserve. 80 k baht locked provided Gold card with 64k baht credit. Whenever I need higher credit in card, I just make a depoist in creditcardaccount in any yellow branch. Works excellent

I have 8 years of banking with them, and cashflow of up to 20 million/year. A friend with only a couple million a year got it to.

For Thais they prefere income tax reciepts. My GF had never payed taxes when she applied, so they would only give her a 180k baht limit (Gold Card, no Platinum). Home Pro card, whic is run by the yellow bank. No security required. Shes had cash flow approx half of mine

Had to go back to my first post advicing how to get Phuket Credit Card and how it is like to have it, as quoted above, to see how much I was talking about myself :rolleyes:

Perhaps you're not even aware that you're doing it?

You see in the highlighted quote above, if your friend only had a couple million a year, go in to the bank ( I would question the word only, for starters, that would be quite a lot, for a lot of people) but that's not the point.

The point is, if your mate got the card with his cash flow, why was your own cash flow important to the story. It's not as if it's a possibility, that you would be less likely to get one, than your friend, with 10 times as much, cash flow as him, is it? You only needed to mention his, not yours. (impressive as it is)

Just saying is all.

Why do you people allways have to get "it on" with each other. Forget your pointles arguments, the nitty gritty posting reading and give information ! Thats all the OP is asking. NOT how your cashflow is like or whatever you feel is a CC secured or insecured.

Just give the details and stick to that for once !!!!

Why do you people allways have to get "it on" with each other. Forget your pointles arguments, the nitty gritty posting reading and give information ! Thats all the OP is asking. NOT how your cashflow is like or whatever you feel is a CC secured or insecured.

Just give the details and stick to that for once !!!!

As long as the OP's are getting answers as well, then there is no harm in it. If people disagree, as to what the answer is, then of course, there will be discussions to try and work out who is right. Indirectly, this will also help the OP, as it will help him decide what the right answer is as well.

At the end of the day, if the powers that be, made this forum only for, 'where can I buy marmite' type of threads, with one or two answers, how long would it take for you to get bored? I'm bored just thinking about it.

I think this forum has a good balance. Very informative, some good debates, and a few arguments, which I think is perfectly normal and healthy.

It's an international, forum with hundreds of thousands of members and visitors. Not a good place to be over sensitive.

Anyway, isn't that what you've just done? Given an opinion, that was completely off topic? :)