No Fortuner In The States? No Problem!

well I had my first Durango 5,9 magnum in 1998, and Fortuner came out late 2004

I d say Fortuner was a good copy of Durango, door curves almost identical, C-pillar diffrent but the others copied directly from Durango, roof line similar, Fortuner 30 cm shorter.

So I got a Fortuner in 2005 :) .

You have to admit though, they DO look very similar...

There are differences - uglified the front; being a Dodge it's probably also going to start falling apart in 2 years.... Have had quite a few Dodge rental cars, all pieces of sh*t. The worst was the PT Cruiser - I thought it looked kind of cute and was given the option so I chose it from the rental parking lot - it's basically a tin can with wheels. The entire interior cheapest plastics, noisy, and no power either. I was amazed anyone would even make such a car in, I think it was 2009, a brand new model.

let me google that for you - probably the F J Cruiser.

Drove from Maine to Boston today, saw about 10 of these on the roads on the 3 hour journey. Looks like they are pretty popular. (compared to the 3 or 4 CRVs I noticed) The RAV4 is by far the most popular 'suv' in the north east, counted 50+...

Have yet to see a 2011 Durango though...

Have had quite a few Dodge rental cars, all pieces of sh*t. The worst was the PT Cruiser

I also had the 'pleasure' of renting one of these in Hawaii. Dodge cars - exceptions being Viper and Challenger/Charger - are all crap.

Al Bundy spent 20 years lambasting the Dodge name...with good reason.

Will have to admit though, they do make pretty decent trucks.

I saw some Toyota SUV yesterday in Home Pro and it was strikingly similar to an H2 Hummer, does anyone know what model this is? I thought it may be a Land Cruiser but that's not it..

let me google that for you - probably the F J Cruiser.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=toyota+hummer

fj.jpg

Thank you, I didn't know where to begin clever guy.. That is exactly the one I saw too same color even, at first I thought it was a Land Rover and then a Hummer and realized it was a Toyota..

Not sure what I think about it since it seems to be styling copies of those vehicles so I'd have to see it a few more times to form an opinion as it doesn't hit me right off but might grow on me.

Have had quite a few Dodge rental cars, all pieces of sh*t. The worst was the PT Cruiser

I also had the 'pleasure' of renting one of these in Hawaii. Dodge cars - exceptions being Viper and Challenger/Charger - are all crap.

Al Bundy spent 20 years lambasting the Dodge name...with good reason.

Will have to admit though, they do make pretty decent trucks.

Importing US cars made in Canada to EU, we had less proplem with Dodge trucks than Ford and Chevy.

Dodge make in addition to above one decent car, 300, and they also make a good minivan, Grand Caravan/Plymouth Grand Voyager/Chrysler Town&Country