Whose The Oldest?

Spaniel

from Post #20 Almost every farang here that I know is under 50... Great! So you now have lots of like-minded gloomy friends who will then keep you company when THE WAR over scarce resources (that will surely first come to the USA) eventually comes to to Thailand ...

My thanks to the OP.

Good to know I'm not the only one on TV that has reached the age of wisdom.

Also good to know that nothing has changed really, youth still has a couple of things to learn from us old-timers :lol:.

Yermanee

I have admitted to 28 years for the past 47. I reach my three quarters of a century in three days time. (Something that few English batsmen have achieved lately). I still play football with the kids on the beach but alas, the slide rule pass and cannonball shot are but memories.

On 22nd December last year I celebrated not being gainfully employed for the last 20 years.

Happy birthday then, hope you have many more.

I will turn 49 in 5 days time, but are also still living like a 30 year old, 18 month old son, ride my Harley and so on.

I have admitted to 28 years for the past 47. I reach my three quarters of a century in three days time. (Something that few English batsmen have achieved lately). I still play football with the kids on the beach but alas, the slide rule pass and cannonball shot are but memories.

On 22nd December last year I celebrated not being gainfully employed for the last 20 years.

Happy birthday then, hope you have many more.

I will turn 49 in 5 days time, but are also still living like a 30 year old, 18 month old son, ride my Harley and so on.

Wish l was 49 again. :)

I haven't seen TV poster "BEENTHEREDONETHAT" in awhile. If my memory doesn't fail me he mentioned he was 75, and that may have been a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed his posts and I sure hope he's still around somewhere.

Lannarebirth

Your memory is excellent, two years ago I was 75 and now 77 and going strong. Haven't posted much as the wife 68 (don't tell her I told you that) and I have been doing a lot of traveling this year and I don't carry a computer when I travel and dislike internet cafes so that is the reason you haven't heard from me much.

In looking at the internet we found that some of the prices on property in the US is half of what it was in 2008 so we took a trip there and found a townhouse in north Idaho that we really liked and ended up buying it. we plan to spend our summers there and the winter in Cha Am. So we are out of here next month and will be busy furnishing our townhouse and enjoying sane traffic.

We also considered getting a place in Australia on the Gold Coast, in fact we got 10 year visa's so we could do that. But when we got there and checked things out we decided that Australia was way more expensive to live than the US, and their medical insurance is very expensive and covers very little. It has really changed a lot in the five years we have been gone. But the banks are friendly to deal with and pay very good interest on term deposits.

But on the original question I'm 77 and really enjoying life, things are going good and I look forward to every day. My mother reach 96 and was in great shape until the end so I see no reason I can't do the same or a bit better.

One of the first things I will do in the US is get a computer and hook up to the internet so we will still be in touch and keep up with what is happening here.

BT

Well mate, i guess its all in the genes. Mother is coming up to her 95th, grandma passed on at 97 and great grandma 108, think she was the oldest woman in England at the time. grandma 'keeled 'over digging her spuds lolol so think there is still hope for me.

Edited by oldsailor35

from Post #20 Almost every farang here that I know is under 50... Great! So you now have lots of like-minded gloomy friends who will then keep you company when THE WAR over scarce resources (that will surely first come to the USA) eventually comes to to Thailand ...

Amazing ... and you call other people gloomy?

I haven't seen TV poster "BEENTHEREDONETHAT" in awhile. If my memory doesn't fail me he mentioned he was 75, and that may have been a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed his posts and I sure hope he's still around somewhere.

Lannarebirth

Your memory is excellent, two years ago I was 75 and now 77 and going strong. Haven't posted much as the wife 68 (don't tell her I told you that) and I have been doing a lot of traveling this year and I don't carry a computer when I travel and dislike internet cafes so that is the reason you haven't heard from me much.

In looking at the internet we found that some of the prices on property in the US is half of what it was in 2008 so we took a trip there and found a townhouse in north Idaho that we really liked and ended up buying it. we plan to spend our summers there and the winter in Cha Am. So we are out of here next month and will be busy furnishing our townhouse and enjoying sane traffic.

We also considered getting a place in Australia on the Gold Coast, in fact we got 10 year visa's so we could do that. But when we got there and checked things out we decided that Australia was way more expensive to live than the US, and their medical insurance is very expensive and covers very little. It has really changed a lot in the five years we have been gone. But the banks are friendly to deal with and pay very good interest on term deposits.

But on the original question I'm 77 and really enjoying life, things are going good and I look forward to every day. My mother reach 96 and was in great shape until the end so I see no reason I can't do the same or a bit better.

One of the first things I will do in the US is get a computer and hook up to the internet so we will still be in touch and keep up with what is happening here.

BT

Well mate, i guess its all in the genes. Mother is coming up to her 95th, grandma passed on at 97 and great grandma 108, think she was the oldest woman in England at the time. grandma 'keeled 'over digging her spuds lolol so think there is still hope for me.

That's looking good for you oldsailor, since people are living longer all the time you should be able to around longer than the 108 your great grandmother made. Wish you the best of luck on making a new record and hope you are fit and sharp all the way.

I find the retired life a fantastic way to go, fun in every way.

Enjoy.

BT

Amazing ... and you call other people gloomy? I am about the most un-gloomy person you might meet ... I guess you never read the Madame deFarge contingent in the ThaiVisa 'Finance' section. as per today's post by the same gent:

Thailand's backwards banking culture has actually worked in favor of stability this time, as these "innovations" which are propelling the West to ruin at lightspeed are not present in Thailand. Inefficiency is actually a good thing during times of crisis. It allows room for improvement while everything else is in chaos.

Amazing ... and you call other people gloomy? I am about the most un-gloomy person you might meet ... I guess you never read the Madame deFarge contingent in the ThaiVisa 'Finance' section. as per today's post by the same gent:

Thailand's backwards banking culture has actually worked in favor of stability this time, as these "innovations" which are propelling the West to ruin at lightspeed are not present in Thailand. Inefficiency is actually a good thing during times of crisis. It allows room for improvement while everything else is in chaos.

I find this interesting....can you expand on this?

My hats off to the senior members here. I know I am jelouse and many others are as well.

I have Thai friends with Thai wives that are jealous of me and the mrs cos we cuddle when ever we can, and am classed as a senior.. :)

Goofy talk.

Lannarebirth

BT

Sounds like you had a plan and things worked out well for you so far. Hope things continue in that vein for the next several decades or so.

Goofy talk.

... from an NRA Member I'll take that as a compliment.

I find this interesting....can you expand on this?

No ... But you can start here at Post #5: http://www.thaivisa....do-in-10-years/

Edited by jazzbo