One Night In Bangkok..

I will be going to the Immigration office (soi suan plu) mid October to get the yes/no answer to my application for non o extension. We intend to come down by train the day before. Does anybody have any recconmedations for a clean, reasonably priced, Hotel near Immigration. The closer the better. A 2 minute walk will suit the better half, she says :D

Though I would post here rather than accomadation, thinking it will get more exposure :o

You really should post by subject.

This link gives very good location/bus/subway information. Anywhere on the subway line would fit your needs. I have not noticed any hotels in the immediate area of Immigration so a bus trip (if you don't want to use taxi) would probably be required if wife limits the sun time to two minutes. She does not have to be with you if this is the normal 45 day wait after application for pick up of extension.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=location

You really should post by subject.

This link gives very good location/bus/subway information.  Anywhere on the subway line would fit your needs.  I have not noticed any hotels in the immediate area of Immigration so a bus trip (if you don't want to use taxi) would probably be required if wife limits the sun time to two minutes.  She does not have to be with you if this is the normal 45 day wait after application for pick up of extension.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=location

Hi Lopburi, thanks for that very helpful link :D Funnily enough its not the sun thats the problem. Its the walking. For a woman that can work for 10 - 12 hours a day. or shop in MBK for 8 hours solid, she HATES walking :D You should see the trouble I have just trying to get her up to the corner shop for a couple of Leos :o

Maybe this Topic can be covered one day....but obviously in the CORRECT area :D

Hotel near Suan Plu:

Rio Residence Business Hotel

88/2 Nanglinchi Rd.,

Chongnonsee, Yannawa,

Bangkok, Thailand

it's 2 minutes from the immigration by Sang Teow (Number 1240) ... 5 baht !

Many thanks Singa-Traz, I just showed the wife the pics, shes impressed. And even more so when I showed her the map and told her only 2 mins :o Have you personally stayed there, and if so, what did you think.