90 Day Reporting

On the 15th August applied for another years extention and 30 days later got the approval.The guys in immigration did not put any reporting date in the passport this time so is it 90 days from applying for extention or 90 days from receiving approval.

The correct answer is: 90 days from the date you last entered Thailand, or 90 days from the last time you made a 90 day report.

Renewing an entry permit extension does not in any way satisfy the 90 day reporting requirement - the 90 day report must be accomplished by interacting with the 90 day report office.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Sorry,maybe i was a little vague. :o

I am married to a Thai and have been in the country since 1997,each year extending a one year supporting a Thai wife visa.This year i applied for an extention on 15th August,which is also the 90 day reporting day.Do i report 90 days from then?I have not left the country for many years.

Edited by aletta

I am married to a Thai and have been in the country since 1997,each year extending a one year supporting a Thai wife visa.This year i applied for an extention on 15th August.Do i report 90 days from then?I have not left the country for many years.

...the bite the bullet and join the club, my membership card cost 2000 Baht!

I am married to a Thai and have been in the country since 1997,each year extending a one year supporting a Thai wife visa.This year i applied for an extention on 15th August,which is also the 90 day reporting day.Do i report 90 days from then?I have not left the country for many years.

And did you also fill out a TM.47 on the 15th of August? If you did your next report is due 90 days from then. They have recently tried to synchronize the reporting dates to be during the yearly extension of stay visit but you have to report both the Tm.7 and Tm.47.

If (as in my case) you've been here for years without reporting but then leave/re-enter the country, getting a new TM card, (as I did earlier this month) does that mean you are now "clean" and won't get fined as long as you report within 90 days of the latest entry?

If (as in my case) you've been here for years without reporting but then leave/re-enter the country, getting a new TM card, (as I did earlier this month) does that mean you are now "clean" and won't get fined as long as you report within 90 days of the latest entry?

You did fail to report but they probably will not bring that up if you make your current report on time. Two thousand could increase to five thousand any time so believe those only paying the two thousand are getting away with a slap rather than a punch.

Basically, yes. Had explained same situation about my wife to BKK-immigration over the phone and got adv., to come in 90 days after next return to start without fine.

Meanwhile doing this, no problem. Seems they forgive your sins of the past, but do fine you if you report when overdue.

As has already been said, the 90-day report (T.M. 47) is a separate cycle to the yearly extension of visa. Immigration have always put the due date for the next report in the bottom left-hand corner of the tear-off slip of the T.M. 47, the slip you always keep attached to your passport, yes? Each time you report you fill-in a new T.M. 47 and Immigration return the tear-off portion to attach to your passport.

If so, you should know when you next have to report. :o