I'M Looking For Health Insurance For A Brit Living In Thailand

I'm a middle aged Brit living in Thailand, looking for health insurance cover. I don't want all the bells and whistles just cover if anything serious should happen. I am willing to pay for any minor health costs and dental.

I understand that Thaivisa has an agreement with an insurance broker. Does anyone have any experience of this? Good or bad?

Perhaps someone can recommend other options?

Thanks in advance

Be careful with Thai medical insurance. They only pay up, in my experiences, if you stay overnight in hospital. So if you have a condition like diabetes, and require daily medication for the rest of your life, but no hospital stay, you're on your own.

Pretty much all health insurance policies offer the option of hospitalization only coverage or hospital plus OPD, the latter is of course more expensive. the "Hospitalization only" policies will usually cover day surgery as well.

Pretty much all health insurance policies offer the option of hospitalization only coverage or hospital plus OPD, the latter is of course more expensive. the "Hospitalization only" policies will usually cover day surgery as well.

Thanks for the useful replies. I thought there might be more though. :rolleyes:

There must be lots of expats on private medical insdurance in Thailand. Anyone got anything more to add?

Cheers. :)

Thanks for the useful replies. I thought there might be more though. :rolleyes:

There must be lots of expats on private medical insdurance in Thailand. Anyone got anything more to add?

Cheers. :)

Well the first point is to use the services of a Broker for medical (and all) insurance. As a Thai Visa member you have access to the whole of the Brokerage service and it costs you no more !