What Is "Super Rich" People Are Refering To ?

my wife has 600,000 in thai baht up country in a safe, where is the best place for her to change it in the next 2-3 weeks ? put it in a bank account ? chinese currency tellers ? oh forget about her gold , she has 23 baht gold also but very reluctant to cash it in but im asking if she did decide to cash it in where would the bewst place to do it ?

thanks in advance

Super Rich is a currency exchange located in Bangkok

http://www.superrichthailand.com/ ( Map on website)

I have read they have slightly better rates than banks when swapping USD for baht but have no direct experience. For instance today they show 30.10 THB > USD $100 bills http://www.superrichthailand.com/editor/rate.html

As for the gold if sold I would guess any of the gold shops

AFAIK the price is normalized but maybe some of the bigger hops have a slightly better buy rate.

If your going to Bangkok I am sure someone will chime in with a preferred shop

Edited by flying

Depending on what you mean by "upcountry" you may not have to bring it down to Bangkok. There are exchanges in Chiang Mai(SK Money Changers) that can match or do better than SUPERRICH.

If you don't have to risk travelling with a stack of cash, better not to.

Gold, if you don't need it don't sell it. But if you are going to sell it, do it "upcountry". Again, no need to risk the travel(and weight) to make another couple hundred Baht.

Get your wife to take the cash moneys and wrap the gold inside that cash, place it all in a plain brown envelope and send it immidiately to me... I will exchange all of it for fresh air, just tell me how much you expect and I will add 10% to pay for the plain Brown envelope and postage. Look forward to that envelope arriving and please do not tell others of my offer as everyone will want the same fresh air...

I have seen VASU rates better than super rich by a peanut for USD, but Super rich may have the edge by a peanut for exotics, Both MASSIVLY better than the banks. upto 4% better.

VASU have several locations in BK apartently, the only one I have been to is almost under NANA BTS on the odd soi side. They don't open to early int e mornings, and close abut 5pm, they don't do TC either, only cash.