Militants May Join Thailand Insurgency

Boon Mee

Spot on Sir Burr. I think this issue is FAR more complicated than we imagine. It's been ticking for so long. And Dude's comments "i think many people fail to appreciate the deeper reason why the insurgents must die" are just not helpful. Tit for Tat doesn't work. I don't know the answer either but I think some serious consideration of the consequences needs to be thought out by the Gov. Military rule and heavy handedness are only going to bring MORE trouble. I have been reading the Koran a little and I know that all Muslims will stick together no matter what. The current climate in the world has been predicted - for what that;s worth - by Islamist scholars. So what I mean is...... please stop talking about going down there and voting for massacre ... it doesn't seem sensible

All muslims stick together no matter what, HA tell that to the muslims of Iraq who are being slaughtered every day by fellow muslims, or perhaps they missed that verse in the Koran

The Americans and the British troops kill most and blame the enemy.

They caught 2 British solders with explosives and guns wearing Arabic clothes wanting to plant a bomb

http://www.abolkhaseb.net/images/basrah190...srah_200905.htm

(im not saying all the killing are by them but they have a hand in that )

and someone said that terrorists are proud of their "achievements" . VERY TRUE

Edited by smb

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed SB - The closest thing Thailand has had to a "normal" government was the Democrats with Chuan Leekpai as prime minister.

Can I just ask you guys..... have you got something going on about women posters or am I talking total crap???? You seem to talk amongst yourselves most of the time and I was only trying to join in.

Sorry seonai, as a muslim your views are much appreciated, post on.

where do all you guys live out of curiosity? On this island, at 6pm every night we have men that can only be described as looking like the shepherds in a nativity play, with long staffs, going to call other men to come to the Mosque. I wonder what they talk about????? My husband only goes on Fridays but he says they talk about the Koran and morals about family etc. Anyone know more? We have a strict five times a day call to prayer here - you can hear the call around the island.

A gang of men together,I would hazard a quess that women are a topic of coversation,as happens the world over :o

There you go again - getting de-railed from the facts that those 'insurgents' are chopping heads instead of reconciling their differences thru the ballot box. :o

A succesion of Thai governments have neglected the south, so, the ballot box hasn't really worked for them has it?

True enough.

Adding to the situation is grinding poverty, aside from religious & cultural differences. Could draw a parallel with Israel/Palestine here. Most likely won't see a resolution in our lifetime... :D

Spot on Sir Burr. I think this issue is FAR more complicated than we imagine. It's been ticking for so long. And Dude's comments "i think many people fail to appreciate the deeper reason why the insurgents must die" are just not helpful. Tit for Tat doesn't work. I don't know the answer either but I think some serious consideration of the consequences needs to be thought out by the Gov. Military rule and heavy handedness are only going to bring MORE trouble. I have been reading the Koran a little and I know that all Muslims will stick together no matter what. The current climate in the world has been predicted - for what that;s worth - by Islamist scholars. So what I mean is...... please stop talking about going down there and voting for massacre ... it doesn't seem sensible

All muslims stick together no matter what, HA tell that to the muslims of Iraq who are being slaughtered every day by fellow muslims, or perhaps they missed that verse in the Koran

The Americans and the British troops kill most and blame the enemy.

They caught 2 British solders with explosives and guns wearing Arabic clothes wanting to plant a bomb

http://www.abolkhaseb.net/images/basrah190...srah_200905.htm

(im not saying all the killing are by them but they have a hand in that )

and someone said that terrorists are proud of their "achievements" . VERY TRUE

SAS troops are trained to work under-cover and infiltrate the enemy that is why they are the best of the best, but c,mon now American and British suicide bombers, I think not.

There you go again - getting de-railed from the facts that those 'insurgents' are chopping heads instead of reconciling their differences thru the ballot box. :o

A succesion of Thai governments have neglected the south, so, the ballot box hasn't really worked for them has it?

True enough.

Adding to the situation is grinding poverty, aside from religious & cultural differences. Could draw a parallel with Israel/Palestine here. Most likely won't see a resolution in our lifetime... :D

A legitimate question is the goal a Muslim nation or a Muslim world ?

How about this: Get a whole bunch of money together and buy ALL the land the muslims own down south and goodbye. Go buy land somewhere besides Thailand.

If all you can do is kill innocent people to make your point, then we'll buy you out and you can go to where your thoughts are excepted, namely Malaysia. If not there then go anywhere else but here but just leave.\

No killing, just pay you some money and LEAVE.

I'm just looking at an other alternative.

How about this: Get a whole bunch of money together and buy ALL the land the muslims own down south and goodbye. Go buy land somewhere besides Thailand.

If all you can do is kill innocent people to make your point, then we'll buy you out and you can go to where your thoughts are excepted, namely Malaysia. If not there then go anywhere else but here but just leave.\

What a stupid post.

When a critian part of Indonesia (timor) wanted there independence the U.N and all the European nations stood with it and supported them .they said they have the right to decide. None said that it is a part of Indonesia and will stay like that

There is a Muslim part in the Philippians want independence a part in Thailand wants it also and even Chechnya. Why cants they have the right to choose like Timor in Indonesia??

if u ask me

I don’t believe they should have there own country none of them, even Timor they shouldn’t have been given it( we dont want more poor countries in the world). I think government should accept different cultures and religions in them and should give them the right to speak and respect their religion.

They can even make federalism government in that part just like what the Kurds had in northern Iraq

That will keep everyone happy and the country will stay intact and no one has to die.

I here people saying kill them all crush them all.beleive me that is not the way to solve conflicts.

Where is your head?

Muslim don't have rights to be Thai?

Are you kidding me?

They have every rights to live in a peaceful nation, but they choosen not to!, therefore like Bush said "you are either with us or with the enemy". I think Thaksin should do that too.

...........yeh....very practical huh....? :o

...........yeh....very practical huh....? :o

send them to Iran hahaha

...........yeh....very practical huh....? :D

send them to Iran hahaha

ho ho ho....hilarious.... :o

I don't think you can drive people out like that - it's called ethnic cleansing, whether they are killed or not. Was it acceptable when Hitler did it? Was it acceptable when it was happening in the former Yugoslavia? Was it acceptable when Saddam was doing it?

All of this is just happening because some people simply are not engaging in the right communication.

The Israeli's tried that in the past when they bought out a lot of arab landowners in Palestine but there's always some who don't like to sell :o . For some people land and religion is more valuable than money.

Just been looking a few interesting facts> there are 6 million Muslims in Thailand, mainly living in the South.

It is only the Muslims living in Yala ,Pattani and Naritawat who are chasing autonomy. 80% of Pattani Muslims only speak Malay.

Muslims living in other Southern Provinces such as Satun have assimilated successfully into Thai society.

A large percentage of the Muslims in the three troublesome Provinces have family in Malaysia, regard themselves as Malay Muslims and have refused to accept assimilation into Thai society.

Perhaps the root of the problem is the reported refusal to assimilate into a dual culture Thai society,but what does Thailand do about it?

In other multi-cultural societies people have the right to worship the religion of their choice but as citizens of the country must abide by the laws of that country

when the spiritual leaders of the muslim faith .namely the clerics, when they denounce violence, maybe just maybe there might be reason to move forward to end this crazy situation.

can any body see this happening?

Edited by opothai

Here is my theory (and time will tell if I am correct):

There is a global Islamic influence at work, seeking to reestablish a global Caliphate. It operates strategically, and with a very long term view. Its long-term goal is to populate the world exclusively with fundamentalist Muslims - and to wipe off the orb everyone other than fundamentalist Muslims (they basically want to recreate the Dark Ages on earth).

One key element of this plan is demographics - Muslims will seek to outbreed all other populations, and simply take over by preponderance of bodies.

Another key element is to create radicalized action cells in as many places in the world as they possibly can - starting off by taking every spot on earth where there has ever been any Muslim presence, and inflaming it into a smoldering conflict. Look around - there is no place with Muslims as a minority that is not becoming activist and troublesome.

The "puppetmasters" are good - they weave their web to exploit whatever festering local problem can be exacerbated, or to coopt whatever empassions the locals - without the "cannon fodder" even realizing that they are being manipulated by others with grander ideas.

The big mistake that moderate Muslims are making is to think that the drive to create a global Caliphate is only a threat to non-Muslims - so they can just stand by and watch. The surprise that is in store for them is that when the extremists are done exterminating the infidels, they will immediately turn their knives on the moderate Muslims - who are not "devout enough." Watch Iraq to see this scenario played out - probably in late 2006, or early 2007 - the Sunnis waging a total civil war against the Shias, because the Shias are "not true Muslims."

A global war on annihilation is underway - to last the next 100 years. Either Islam or non-Islam will be destroyed. I have no idea who will win. But I am certain that - 50 years hence - leaders of non-Islam will look back at the current decade, and bemoan the failure by current nations - such as Thailand - to have decisively eliminated the Muslim threat back when it was still a relatively weak force to defeat.

Much as it pains me to say so, I think that the correct answer in 2005 is to cut the militant Islamacists off at the knees - now, decisively, and without mercy. As with cancer surgury, some "good tissue" is going to have to get cut away to get at the malignant tissue. But - this will not happen. The West is too benevolent, and cannot see how deeply the Islamicists hate the West, and how impossible it will be to achieve peaceful coexistence with rabid Muslim barbarism, though appeasement, negotiation, or any other non-lethal approach.

I also feel very sorry for all the "good Muslims" in the world. Their silence will implicate them - and they will pay the price in the future, when "the gloves come off" - which I think is inevitable.

I hope the west wins. I admire Buddhism for its tolerant approach - alwys leaning toward inclusion, instead of exclusion.

Indo-Siam

There you go again - getting de-railed from the facts that those 'insurgents' are chopping heads instead of reconciling their differences thru the ballot box. :D

Nor has violence they have caused - only made things worse for themselves!!! :o

Here is my theory (and time will tell if I am correct):

There is a global Islamic influence at work, seeking to reestablish a global Caliphate.  It operates strategically, and with a very long term view.  Its long-term goal is to populate the world exclusively with fundamentalist Muslims - and to wipe off the orb everyone other than fundamentalist Muslims  (they basically want to recreate the Dark Ages on earth).

One key element of this plan is demographics - Muslims will seek to outbreed all other populations, and simply take over by preponderance of bodies. 

Another key element is to create radicalized action cells in as many places in the world as they possibly can - starting off by taking every spot on earth where there has ever been any Muslim presence, and inflaming it into a smoldering conflict.  Look around - there is no place with Muslims as a minority that is not becoming activist and troublesome.

The "puppetmasters" are good - they weave their web to exploit whatever festering local problem can be exacerbated, or to coopt whatever empassions the locals - without the "cannon fodder" even realizing that they are being manipulated by others with grander ideas.

The big mistake that moderate Muslims are making is to think that the drive to create a global Caliphate is only a threat to non-Muslims - so they can just stand by and watch.  The surprise that is in store for them is that when the extremists are done exterminating the infidels, they will immediately turn their knives on the moderate Muslims - who are not "devout enough."  Watch Iraq to see this scenario played out - probably in late 2006, or early 2007 - the Sunnis waging a total civil war against the Shias, because the Shias are "not true Muslims."

A global war on annihilation is underway - to last the next 100 years.  Either Islam or non-Islam will be destroyed.  I have no idea who will win.  But I am certain that - 50 years hence - leaders of non-Islam will look back at the current decade, and bemoan the failure by current nations - such as Thailand - to have decisively eliminated the Muslim threat back when it was still a relatively weak force to defeat.

Much as it pains me to say so, I think that the correct answer in 2005 is to cut the militant Islamacists off at the knees - now, decisively, and without mercy.  As with cancer surgury, some "good tissue" is going to have to get cut away to get at the malignant tissue.  But - this will not happen.  The West is too benevolent, and cannot see how deeply the Islamicists hate the West, and how impossible it will be to achieve peaceful coexistence with rabid Muslim barbarism, though appeasement, negotiation, or any other non-lethal approach.

I also feel very sorry for all the "good Muslims" in the world.  Their silence will implicate them - and they will pay the price in the future, when "the gloves come off" - which I think is inevitable.

I hope the west wins.  I admire Buddhism for its tolerant approach - alwys leaning toward inclusion, instead of exclusion.

Indo-Siam

This sounds like the old "Jewish world domination conspiracy" better known as The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. That was crap too and was ultimately proved as a Russian fake.

The future is dark really....all of what is happening in the world today, to the finest detail, was already predicted in Islam many years ago. And there are more details about the future also. I don't want to dig deep into this as it's a very sensitive subject and subject to peoples beliefs.

I am a believer that we all make our own destiny. There are people who resign themselves to the fact that what is going to happen is going to happen and they can't do anything about it. In some ways I also believe this BUT I also believe that we all as individuals have the ability to make some sort of contribution to our world to make it better and possibly change the future.

Well Burrmeister - at least the Germans "get it" :

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/1...y.islamic.reut/

I will tell you one thing - there is NO WAY Malaysia is going to let any big population of the Thai Muslim activists relocate to Malaysia - for any reason. The entrenched leadership in Malaysia is desperately trying to keep the country on a secular path, and the sure don't need violent PULO psychopaths with political agendas taking up residence.

The world is in the process of polarizing to an extreme that will vastly exceed that of the cold war. I wonder when the "lights will click on" in the non-Islamic world?

Indo-Siam

Well Burrmeister - at least the Germans "get it" :

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/1...y.islamic.reut/

I will tell you one thing - there is NO WAY Malaysia is going to let any big population of the Thai Muslim activists relocate to Malaysia - for any reason.  The entrenched leadership in Malaysia is desperately trying to keep the country on a  secular path, and the sure don't need violent PULO psychopaths with political agendas taking up residence.

The world is in the process of polarizing to an extreme that will vastly exceed that of the cold war.  I wonder when the "lights will click on" in the non-Islamic world?

Indo-Siam

Does seem like a repeat of nazism of 20/30s - took almost two decades to realize what they were up to in 1939. :o