Its Raining, Its Pouring, The Old Man Is Boring........

thequietman

happy songkran everybody.

its raining and its cold here in the north. is this the first time on record there has been rain on the first day of the holiday. i have been here 8 years and never experienced this. is it raining in the rest of thailand?

:blink:

Well, we are in the middle of a Songkran Rain Delay here in Chiang Mai. Just had 20 minutes of hard rain. From the weather radar, it looks like a bigger mass of wet air north of us. No one I know can remember a Songkran like this one. Oh... Thunder and lighting moving in now....

Edited by T_Dog

Well, we are in the middle of a Songkran Rain Delay here in Chiang Mai. Just had 20 minutes of hard rain. From the weather radar, it looks like a bigger mass of wet air north of us. No one I know can remember a Songkran like this one. Oh... Thunder and lighting moving in now....

we had huge booms of thunder last night and this morning. lightning lit up the sky. its been rainind solid for 7 hours now. beginning to tail off now but the sun is nowhere to be seen. it should be on its way to you in chaingmai soon. hopefully it will keep the road deaths down here as people dont like to ride in the rain. fingers crossed.:jap:

we had huge booms of thunder last night and this morning. lightning lit up the sky. its been rainind solid for 7 hours now. beginning to tail off now but the sun is nowhere to be seen. it should be on its way to you in chaingmai soon. hopefully it will keep the road deaths down here as people dont like to ride in the rain. fingers crossed.:jap:

Wow, 7 hours. Where are you located?

Wow, 7 hours. Where are you located?

London perhaps ???

In Surin, nothing heavy the last couple of days. But has been on again, off again {heavy to light} the last two weeks. Seems as the normal expectations of the "rainy season" starts earlier than not. Almost always around Songkran {last 10 years}......which, historically, has always been dry.