Is There A Flea Market In Ubon Ratchathani ?

onionluke

Hello Peeps ,

I enjoy visiting second hand shops and markets when I am working abroad . On my trips to Ubon I have not been able to find anywhere selling junk and bric a brac . I am particularly interested in old vinyl records , books , posters and so on . Although I do like a good scrap yard .

Any pointers would be highly appreciated .

Ta Luke

There are some shops in old town ubon you can look at ( those 3 blocks north of the river and east of the bridge).

The weekend market tween Big C and Makro is useful.

Chatuchuck (?sp) Market in BKK would be the mother ship though.

There are some shops in old town ubon you can look at ( those 3 blocks north of the river and east of the bridge).

I will have to get round that bit more thoroughly . I have found the bakery supplier there and a turbaned fellow who does excellent curries with japati . Where aboots did ye see the old curiosity shoppe ?

Luke

Where is the curry place you talk about??

I will have to get round that bit more thoroughly . I have found the bakery supplier there and a turbaned fellow who does excellent curries with japati . Where aboots did ye see the old curiosity shoppe ?

Luke

Where is the curry place you talk about??

Luke

Yeh, where is the Indian guy, please. :D

There used to be a small and good Indian restaurant (actually the owner was Pakistani) named Ali in Khuanthani rd, about 200 meters east of Tat, on the other side of the rd, but it mowed to Uppalisan rd near the mosque some time ago, and now has totally disappeared. :huh:

The curry fellow did a super chicken masala with fresh off the hot plate japati . I was in there quite a while back . The shop is inconspicous . If you are coming from the petrol station at the end of the park you would be taking the last possible left before the big bridge , I think that is the second last street , keeping in mind it is a one way system in that area . The shop is a few hundred meters in on the right hand side of the road . There was a sort of make shift sign in Thai , Punjabi(?) and English . Any way , if you get lost due to my crap directions you will be more likely to find it by mistake . It is in there somewhere.

Luke