Coleman Mosquito Deleto 2200 System

Bird Man

I plan on bringing my Coleman Mosquito Deleto 2200 System to Thailand with me to establish a perimeter of death for mosquitos around my residence. Might anyone also have this system and, if so, are replacement refills available in stores. It attracts the mosquitos by the bucket load and they become histwah. :D:o

I have never seen either this system or refill kits for them anywhere in Thailand.

After a bit of googling, it appears to be a very effective device.

Maybe there's a business opportunity there for someone to start importing them... :o

I plan on bringing my Coleman Mosquito Deleto 2200 System to Thailand with me to establish a perimeter of death for mosquitos around my residence.  Might anyone also have this system and, if so, are replacement refills available in stores.  It attracts the mosquitos by the bucket load and they become histwah. :D  :o

Spotted something similar for sale at a HomePro in nonthaburi about half a year ago. Also at Robinson (or was it Bic C) in Ratchadapisek. It was fairly expensive, and there was a filter (also expensive) that had to be replaced every other week or so (?).

If it really works, it is something I would consider getting.

I agree with Totster. Those inexpensive rackets will give immediate results at a lot lower cost. This spring we (and a number of neighbors) went out to front of house each evening as sun set and zapped a hundred or so. Within a few days almost none remained and last six months have hardy seen any. A few days of 15 minutes work sure pays off.

Don't know if that system would get blocked during termite seasons but that may be a concern. When they swarm I know the old UV light/electrostatic systems did not last long.

• 2 years later...

Am really getting worried for my three small kids that normally spend most of their time at home. They are getting bitten by them F$%^&%g mosquitos and I found this device "mosquito magnet" in Homepro but expensive at THB 2, 900 which only covers an area of 9 square metres. Well the kids are mostly in the living room and i guess its good enough at least when they watch TV or something.

Has anyone else bought this and found this to be effective? otherwise any other ideas would be welcomed. Those cheap zappers are great but one has to really concentrate on those flying pieces of shit. PLus by the time you get to them, the kids have already been bitten by those bastards.

Please help me keep those mosquitos from my kids. btw, in the picture, its the smaller device labeled with "Black Home".

post-29436-1219029134_thumb.jpg

Annoy but dumb! Well the facts are simple when I see blue lights I don the helmet, slow down and be extra vigilant. Mossies on the other hand, if blue light Mossie zappers are the norm, head for the blue lights at breakneck speeds! Weird! :o

You have a source for fuel? Have never seen propane for sale here (they don't allow torches here). But have seen red tanks recently at some LPG places so perhaps that is propane?

Lopburi,

Yeah it comes in a set of propane. Those ones are minimum of 25k baht but i was referring to the small one call Black Hole that has T2O (titanium oxide)coming out of it. THB 2,900 at HomePro.