Items You Would Love To See In A Pattaya Chinese Restaurant

Jingthing

How about seaworm congee for a start or tilapia skin soup? My wife's favorite is oysters and pigs' intestines in a slimy noodle soup.

Well, a seaworm isn't an earthworm but yes the idea of eating worm will turn off probably most westerners. Tilapia skin soup, that's sounds like it would be delicious, but yes the idea maybe a turnoff. Oysters, great, pig's intestines, not my cup of tea but that ain't seafood, and yes describing a dish as SLIMY won't sell big to westerners. I do get what you mean, an important element of Chinese food is textures of foods that are beyond the experience of most westerners. To fully appreciate Chinese food, you have to learn that by experience and learn to enjoy that like the locals. I will never get that far personally, and I really don't care. Chinese food is so vast that i have found great enjoyment at my more limited level.

Edited by Jingthing

The seaworms were a little chewy for me, and you are right the fish skin soup was good. I am not fond of my wife's favorite dish, but I don't have to eat it as its a street food in Taiwan and it is served in single servings. On my last trip to China, I was traveling as a guest of friends and when my wife joined us, they paid me the highest complement when they told her "He eats everything."

That's bloody brilliant. I have similar. Thanks for the pics.

Ok, you're welcome, krap... but, I'm in culinary Hades here; just got back from a night drinkin' with friends and I'd give a kidney for any of those dishes right about now... Oooiey mak mak, krap!

B)