Where In Chiang Mai Does A Thai Go To Get A Copy Of Her Birth Certificate?

jsflynn603

My fiancee needs a copy of her birth certificate. She was born in the Doi Saket area of Chiang Mai, she does not know if it was at home or at hospital. She did have one long ago but lost it so it should be at the government place where records are stored.

Would someone kindly post or send me a message here telling the name, address and phone number of the proper government agency? Also, someone told me that government offices were closed all days this week--is this true? Or will it be open tomorrow?

Thanks

Edited by jsflynn603

She should simply to to the Amphur office for the area in which she was born and start there. Assuming it was Doi Saket, just go to town and drive down the main street; you will probably see it. If not, ask where is the Amphur office and someone can tell her.

If she was born in a hospital, the record will be at the Amphur. She may have to have them search back to her parents records and house registration until she finds the first occurrence of her name, but the clerks all know how to do that. They do it all the time.

If she was born at home, sooner or later her name would have been added to her parents house registration along with her birth date.

If that is the case and the amphur will not give her a birth certificate based on that, she might have to return with the kamnan and a witness (e.g., her mother, another older relative, etc.,) to swear that they have personal knowledge of that birth. The kamnan might not have the personal knowledge, but he has the knowledge that her witness is in the position to know (e.g., has lived next door to her family for 50 years and your fiance is only 40). And then the amphur will issue a substitute certificate.