Emirates Business Class

johninbkk

Has anyone recently travelled from Bkk - Syd on Business class. Please comment on the seating, lounge and especially what is the earliest time you can book-in. I'd like to enjoy the lounge long before we depart. Also has anyone used the free chauffeur service in Sydney. All comments welcomed

Doesn't one usually choose to fly business class for the comfort and perhaps mainly the convenience.. i.e. Checking in later and getting wisked through immigration....?

I can't understand anyone wanting to spend more time than necessary at an airport for reasons other than attempting to get there monies worth on free booze before the flight ! ;) Emirates has one of the best lounges at Suvarnabumi airport... Including many quality food items, sashimi, cheeses, Moet...

One also flyes Business class to relax before the flight, do some shopping, possibly have a shower as my destination from Bkk airport is not so close. Having children travel with you makes it all the more reason NOT to rush things. Sit back, relax, let the girls go out shopping whilst I enjoy the surroundings. Maybe some just want to rush evey hour of their life. Not me.

Emirates is a class above other airlines, which means Emirates economy is as good as most other airlines business class. I travel quite often between Hong Kong and Bangkok on their big Airbus and I love it. It always raises eyebrows when one travels business on such a short distance. With Emirates, I respect company policy and still enjoy the trip. I never tried the business class on this plane, but on others it was a real great experience

Did anybody recently flew business with Cathay ? You feel like in one of those cheap Japanese hotel, claustrophobic people beware. The only good thing with their seating arrangement is if you travel with a particularly boring companion, no way you can have a conversation with anybody in their business class.

Flying business class means a very relaxed way of travelling. Emirates is a good choice. Check in for business class is usually three hours before depature. Go to the check in three and a half hour before departure, most first and business counters open a little bit earlier when the staff see you waiting. I travel the same way for years because I live far from the airport and do not like to be under time pressure when driving to Swampy. Enjoy your trip

fatfather

One also flyes Business class to relax before the flight, do some shopping, possibly have a shower as my destination from Bkk airport is not so close. Having children travel with you makes it all the more reason NOT to rush things. Sit back, relax, let the girls go out shopping whilst I enjoy the surroundings. Maybe some just want to rush evey hour of their life. Not me.

children should never be allowed to travel in business class as they dont know how to behave :annoyed:

Emirates is a class above other airlines, which means Emirates economy is as good as most other airlines business class.

you must be joking JurgenG! Emirate's business class with most aircrafts having a 2-3-2 seating arrangement is deplorable. the latter is the reason why we switched several years ago to Qatar and Etihad.

children should never be allowed to travel in business class as they dont know how to behave :annoyed:

How would you know his children do not behave ? :o

Yermanee

Are you referring to half of the old farts that are married to locals, or are you indicating about your own children? Mines better behaved than most of the adults residing in this country...and shes' only 6

Flying business class means a very relaxed way of travelling. Emirates is a good choice. Check in for business class is usually three hours before depature. Go to the check in three and a half hour before departure, most first and business counters open a little bit earlier when the staff see you waiting. I travel the same way for years because I live far from the airport and do not like to be under time pressure when driving to Swampy. Enjoy your trip

fatfather

Just the comments I was hoping for. Thank you for your constructive reply.

Emirates is a class above other airlines, which means Emirates economy is as good as most other airlines business class.

you must be joking JurgenG! Emirate's business class with most aircrafts having a 2-3-2 seating arrangement is deplorable. the latter is the reason why we switched several years ago to Qatar and Etihad.

Naam I could not agree more for seating and comfort in Business, they come nowhere near other middle eastern carriers, that being said I have not flown on their A380.

As nobody gave you a personal experience report, here goes even though it is 18 months ago.

I assume you are familiar with the (very good) lounge in BKK and so will concentrate on flight and arrangements at Sydney end.

Chauffeur service was by a cab firm but perfectly OK. Timely pick up from hotel on way back and easy to find on way in. If you might want to get a local SIM for your visit, there is a shop in the arrivals area after customs.

Flights were fine - very good service (quite a few empty seats helped) on the way out. On the way back slept all the way.

Lounge in Sydney was not as good as Dubai or Bangkok - but this may have changed by now. Duty free not great.

Final note - if you haven't been to Oz or NZ before, they are very particular about no fruit, veg or animal products coming in. They do search - and do not take infractions lightly. So pack carefully. Given that you can find almost any sort of global foodstuff in Sydney, this is hardly a hardship.

Hope this helps a little.

As nobody gave you a personal experience report, here goes even though it is 18 months ago.

I assume you are familiar with the (very good) lounge in BKK and so will concentrate on flight and arrangements at Sydney end.

Chauffeur service was by a cab firm but perfectly OK. Timely pick up from hotel on way back and easy to find on way in. If you might want to get a local SIM for your visit, there is a shop in the arrivals area after customs.

Flights were fine - very good service (quite a few empty seats helped) on the way out. On the way back slept all the way.

Lounge in Sydney was not as good as Dubai or Bangkok - but this may have changed by now. Duty free not great.

Final note - if you haven't been to Oz or NZ before, they are very particular about no fruit, veg or animal products coming in. They do search - and do not take infractions lightly. So pack carefully. Given that you can find almost any sort of global foodstuff in Sydney, this is hardly a hardship.

How refreshing to have someone reply/respond to your direct questions on this site... THANK YOU. Great info, especially regarding the importing of fruit, etc. I am looking forward to relaxing b4 the trip, I just hate airports and air travel cos u are always under pressure to be here, go check-in there, don't be late, wife wants to shop, oh! shit we are out of time and the departure lounge is 500 yards that way. I want tranquilty ALL the way, thats why I'm paying for busso class, for all 3 of us.

Have a great trip - we did.

Lounge in BKK even has sushi, champagne and some reasonable arab mezze. Unlike the Thai or even Cathay lounges which are rather spartan by comparison.

You did not say when you were travelling. Whenever it is check the waether out on www.accuweather.com We found Syney (September) to be rather chilier than expected, and it felt more so after 9(a) Bangkok and (B) factoring fairly windy weather. Also Sydney is hilly - and so walking provides quite a good work out.

Watch out for hotel internet costs - can be steep. Instead take your lap top or smart phone to one of the bars or coffee shops with free wifi - there are a few down on Circular Quay. By doing the same on laundry (a few doors away from the bar with the free Wifi), I effectively managed to drink quite a lot for "free" compared to staying to use the facilities in the Intercon where we were staying.

R

How refreshing to have someone reply/respond to your direct questions on this site... THANK YOU. Great info, especially regarding the importing of fruit, etc. I am looking forward to relaxing b4 the trip, I just hate airports and air travel cos u are always under pressure to be here, go check-in there, don't be late, wife wants to shop, oh! shit we are out of time and the departure lounge is 500 yards that way. I want tranquilty ALL the way, thats why I'm paying for busso class, for all 3 of us.

Have a great trip - we did.

Lounge in BKK even has sushi, champagne and some reasonable arab mezze. Unlike the Thai or even Cathay lounges which are rather spartan by comparison.

You did not say when you were travelling. Whenever it is check the waether out on www.accuweather.com We found Syney (September) to be rather chilier than expected, and it felt more so after 9(a) Bangkok and (B) factoring fairly windy weather. Also Sydney is hilly - and so walking provides quite a good work out.

Watch out for hotel internet costs - can be steep. Instead take your lap top or smart phone to one of the bars or coffee shops with free wifi - there are a few down on Circular Quay. By doing the same on laundry (a few doors away from the bar with the free Wifi), I effectively managed to drink quite a lot for "free" compared to staying to use the facilities in the Intercon where we were staying.

Nice Friendly advice, I wish I could afford to go business class, though I hope you join the frequent flier programme? Over the years I have had at least 6 free upgrades to business class and 2 free flights using my bonus miles. I once complained about my lamb being undercooked and recieved a free round trip upgrade. My latest free upgrade, in september 2010 was rather below the usual standard, as there was a 40 minute wait for each of the 3 courses of Dinner,,and a severe lack of refreshments(non alcoholic)

There seemed to be unhappy cabin crew with hardly a smile. My tv failed to work,though I was offered another seat away from my friend. Emirates have always been my favorite airline, and I hope you have a real smooth trip, you can shower in Dubai, and I have heard that Business class on the new A380 is a step above the rest. Good luck and may the force of happy travels be with you.