Tourist Visa

i'm a 33 years old canadian who entenred thailand without a visa.i went to the immigration in bangkok to get a tourist visa and all they want to give me is a 10 days extention.can i get a visa or at least a 30 days stamp in thailand?if not why?it doesn't makes sense to me that i have to cross the border to get a visa.i'm spending money here it's good for their economy.

No, 10 days is the only extension you can get. You have to travel out of Thailand, to a Thai Consulate or Embassy, and apply for a 60-days tourist visa. You can extend that tourist visa 30 days, and an additionl 10 days, depending on the Immigration officer.

if not why?
who entenred thailand without a visa

You answered yourself. You should have entered with a visa if there is any chance you may want to stay longer than 30 days. If another 30 days will be enough you should just cross border and return but if you want to stay longer you will have to visit a consulate in a foreign country to obtain a tourist visa.

The fact is the authorities do not know if you are spending money or making it here so they have visa rules. Be very glad you are not Thai and want to visit Canada. :o

Just a question patlac: Is it any easier for a Thai national to get into Canada for 30 days as a tourist as it is for you to get into Thailand? And once his 30 days are up can he pop over into USA, return to Canada and renew his 30 day visa, for free, the same day? Give them a break please! If you wanted more than 30 days then you should have done you planning a bit better and got the 60 day visa prior to leaving Canada as George has suggested. You can't expect the Thai Government to bend to every conceivable 'want' by ungrateful tourists. Sorry for the moan, I guess it's just my age. :o

CM Boy

if you hate visitors that bad,maybe thailand should close their borders.

Thailand it seems to me does hate visitors providing they come for two weeks, stay in very expensive hotels get fleeced at jewellery shops then go home ready for the next lot.

canada is probably the same

PatLac

You are obviously unaware of the Hassle that Thais have to go through to be a Tourist in Canada / USA / UK

They are made to jump all sorts of Hurdles and even genuine applicants are refused.

Meanwhile you can get a visa on arrival ...

Visas are used to control ENTRY

so there is no point to give one to someone who is IN

the Country already !!!!

Roger

Sorry to mess up your thnking. But, from what I can tell, you don't need a visa to get into the US if you can get to Canada or Mexico. Just cross the border, stay a while and get a drivers license, medical care and if you work you can get social security sent to your home country.

BS you say? There are an estimated 10-12 million illegal aliens in the US and Bush is thinking about making them legal aliens. And the US is a developed county, not some wannabe.

Ex-California Governor Davis gave drivers licenses to some estimate 1 million before Arnaold revoke that idea.

Adn the illegals work without permits.

So please don't say its tough to get in the US. It can't be that tough, 10-12 million people, that's the poplation of Bangkok folks, did it.

We farangs jsut aren't paying enough squeeze to the right people, and the Thais don't need English teachers like the Americans need car washers and lawn care workers, and maids, etc. That will all change soon, when the big crash comes because the faith in the US government dissolves.

While I'm at it, Thailand would do well to make it easier for foreigners do business here.

Thais are too worried that outsiders will "take over."

The chinese took over long ago and the Thais didn't even notice.

Ever try doing business with a Thai? ###### near impossible.

And the chinese, for the most part, think nothing of cheating all barbarians, so who wants to try?

...what the ###### is going on here ? Is it so hard to accept the rules of this wonderful place where you just stay for a while? I guess the decision to come here was your own. And of course it is much easier to complain than to move the a*** and get a proper visa before entering LOS. But simple mindedness seems to be the worst curse in all western cultures. Small advice: Stay in Texas and have fun there

Love Shuni :o

:o:DB)B)B)

....ooooops I forgot ! There is a way for all your smart complaining guys to stay longer without leaving the country!!! Go to Khao San, ask for one of the travel shops which offer Visa-extensions for Thailand. Have good luck and make sure that you find a shop who has the good 'rubber-made entry stamps' ( the potato-stamps are crap, believe me ) Then just believe in that you can stay legally in LOS for another 30 days. Pray a bit to Lord Buddha or another religious figure of your choice when you cross an immigration checkpoint the next time and when your good luck is still working the Thai government will give you an extension far beyond 10 days with free accomodation and min. 2 meals a day. Sounds great ???

Love you all

Shuni

Guest IT Manager
The prophets of Doom need a last say or so to end the year on. This one over simplifies US Immigration policy. Anyway, luckily the " Big Crash " is coming and with it, the end of the world

Hey Doc wanna share a piece of Cow with me at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe? Sky is falling, sky is falling.

To doomsayers... I'll be back

For information of members and guests the above is humour..

A Schwartzenegger. :o