Travel In Europe

Mr Moog. Are you back up in the Himalayas, this time with you laptop, as you appear to be a little light headed. Shortage of oxygen?

This post has long since lost any relevance to the purpose of this site. Not the fault of the OP but others including me. Nonetheless it is enthralling. I expect OP has given up with the lot of us or will soon.

I don't agree with your comments but then you obviously don't agree with mine. Fine by me. :o

Thomas,

Perusing your posts it seems to me that you may have a case but not one enshrined in contract law.As previous posters have already alluded, the responsibility for correct documentation is yours alone and any obligation on behalf of the agent etc is limited to reminding you of that fact.However,it is recognised within the travel industry that authorities in the EC member states may exercise discretion and waive visa requirements in certain circumstances but such discretion is outside any rules and is therefore concessionary.The crux of the matter is of course had the Greek authorities been made aware of your wife's Schengen status would they have permitted Martin to travel.Strictly speaking, the carrier has no obligation to make such representations on your behalf but most would do so out of goodwill.The fact that those representations were incomplete is unfortunate but does not,I fear, constitute any negligence on the part of the carrier since they had no legal responsibility to make them in the first place.But back to the real world, you could argue that since they did so but botched it they might wish to review their financial relationship with you out of goodwill.

D

Deus,

I agree with your every word however your concluding sentence leaves a faintly sour taste in the mouth.

The airline, under no obligation, tries to sort out a problem of someone's own making (sorry) and botches it. Well they tried. Why on earth should they hand over any money. They showed goodwill in attempting to sort the problem.

Whatever - no harm in trying.