Rubber Farm Udon Thani

hxjohn

We have 10 rai of rubber trees about 30 kilometers north of Ban Phu...They are now 3 years old, so we have a few years to wait...

Am adding 6 rai of avocados in a couple of weeks...not sure what we will do with all the avocados, but we have 3 years to figure that out...

We have 10 rai of rubber trees about 30 kilometers north of Ban Phu...They are now 3 years old, so we have a few years to wait...

Am adding 6 rai of avocados  in a couple of weeks...not sure what we will do with all the avocados, but we have 3 years to figure that out...

Sorry, I'm wandering off the original topic here, but do you plant your avocados from seeds or saplings? Have you grown them before with success? I could bloody live on avocados and was just wondering how you make out growing them?

ive got a few rai of rubber in udon area and was just wondering if theres anybody out there who as any land that they also grow rubber on/ would you say 50 rai could keep you in thailand at present rates per kilo

We also have about 70 rai under rubber but only one year old so we have a few years to go to earn some baht but a few weeks ago we visited a working rubber farm about 20 ks from ours. This place had 11 rai of 15 year old rubber trees so it had been producing for 8 years. These guys are living quite well on there income from the rubber. When we visited them they were receiving 55 baht per kilo for C grade rubber. The rainy season was the reason for the C grade.

I didnt get specifics of their monthly income from there 11 rai but they seemed to be happy with their lot.

ive got a few rai of rubber in udon area and was just wondering if theres anybody out there who as any land that they also grow rubber on/ would you say 50 rai could keep you in thailand at present rates per kilo

I should tell you that a few years back (mid - to late-90's I think) there was a rubber tree project funded by EU tax payers and it was based in Udon Thani - they prmoted planting of rubber trees in several provinces in northern Isaan. If you visit the local office of the rubber agency (not sure what it's called) you should be able to get lots of information.

I read recently that the average yield of rubber in Thailand is about 1,300 kg per hectare (1 hectare = 6.25 rai). Good plantations at peak yield could get more than 2,000 kg per hectare. You have to consider that the yield will be less than this in the first few years of tapping as the trees grow bigger. (Start tapping at about 7 years). The yield will continue to increase to perhaps about 15 - 20 years, then level off, after perhaps 20 years yields will start to decline. Plantation life is normally about 25 - 30 years. Then you can sell the trees for making rubber wood. In Malaysia they are now planting rubber trees just for the wood - they don't bother with the tapping due to high labour costs. (Though there are many plantations there which do still tap rubber). World rubber prices are very high now and rubber production is considered to be very profitable at current prices.

Returning to original question, besides prices/yields, you obviously need to consider the cost of labour for tapping as that is probably the main cost. I think I am right in saying that a typical Thai farmer who taps his own trees could manage to tap about 2 hectares (tapping one hectare every other day). So I reckon you'd need about 4 people to tap your 50 rai. Also consider that you cannot tap the trees all year round - you have to stop for part of the dry season.

Good luck.

I should tell you that a few years back (mid - to late-90's I think) there was a rubber tree project funded by EU tax payers and it was based in Udon Thani - they prmoted planting of rubber trees in several provinces in northern Isaan. If you visit the local office of the rubber agency (not sure what it's called) you should be able to get lots of information.

I read recently that the average yield of rubber in Thailand is about 1,300 kg per hectare (1 hectare = 6.25 rai). Good plantations at peak yield could get more than 2,000 kg per hectare. You have to consider that the yield will be less than this in the first few years of tapping as the trees grow bigger. (Start tapping at about 7 years). The yield will continue to increase to perhaps about 15 - 20 years, then level off, after perhaps 20 years yields will start to decline. Plantation life is normally about 25 - 30 years. Then you can sell the trees for making rubber wood. In Malaysia they are now planting rubber trees just for the wood - they don't bother with the tapping due to high labour costs. (Though there are many plantations there which do still tap rubber). World rubber prices are very high now and rubber production is considered to be very profitable at current prices.

Returning to original question, besides prices/yields, you obviously need to consider the cost of labour for tapping as that is probably the main cost. I think I am right in saying that a typical Thai farmer who taps his own trees could manage to tap about 2 hectares (tapping one hectare every other day). So I reckon you'd need about 4 people to tap your 50 rai. Also consider that you cannot tap the trees all year round - you have to stop for part of the dry season.

Good luck.

There is a huge thread on this one type rubber trees in he search box in this forum and I think you will get a ton of information.

Am adding 6 rai of avocados  in a couple of weeks...not sure what we will do with all the avocados, but we have 3 years to figure that out...

Sorry, I'm wandering off the original topic here, but do you plant your avocados from seeds or saplings? Have you grown them before with success? I could bloody live on avocados and was just wondering how you make out growing them?

There is a King's project and it is through the Agriculture dept of several universities. We are getting ours from Kasetsart University, Kamphaeng Saen Campus, Nakhon Pathom ...Here is a web site with lots of info

http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/003/X6902E/x6902e0b.htm

The saplings are between 35 to 50 baht depending on size and variety...

There is a King's project and it is through the Agriculture dept of several universities. We are getting ours from Kasetsart University, Kamphaeng Saen Campus, Nakhon Pathom ...Here is a web site with lots of info

http://www.fao.org/DOCREP/003/X6902E/x6902e0b.htm

The saplings are between 35 to 50 baht depending on size and variety...

Thanks for the help, good luck with the crop.

turnpike

Hi everybody!

I just discovered this forum and hope you guys can give me some tips about Rubber farm.

I dont know nothing about Rubber farm but I heard this is very good income to someone who live in Issan and I will move there next month and need fast answers.. :D

My questions is:

My wife got offer rubber farm 400000-450000baht for 10 rai.she say its big trees and allready can make money..

and I need to go check it as I will arrive and come to stay in Thailand.

I want to know what is the income from this thing?She say its about 6000 per rai..

Its sounds too good to be truth!!Its means that with 10 rai in about 10 monthes-1year I get my return back!!For me as foreigner its sound impossible!!

First-why someone want to sell something so good???its like every year I can buy more rubber farm and more and more.. :)its too good to be truth you tell me as you have your experience..

Also-She say and she right of course..better we the family make together the farm by ourselfs no labors/workers for us.

I dont afraid from hard work but need to know ifs its good to buy this as I saved this money very hard and I am still young.I come thailand to stay with only 600000 baht.for issan even if I buy this so I can stay for 1 year without income with the money I will left in my hand.

But this investment should be very good for me and need fast to see profits..

I am thinking or rubber farm or go pattaya city open shop there-fast food shop.

She say shop depend on costumers and safer to invest in land.But land I dont know nothing..

Also-as foreigner I can not buy the land-but I think I can buy 49% and she will own 51%.should I do that?Of course I love her and she love me and we know long time and also love her family so I trust but for any case..

Also-what about the taxs if I own the land 49%?taxs to Thailand or taxs for my country also..?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME BECAUSE I AM LOST WITH THIS THING!!!:D

*sorry I write a lot..its important for me a lot..!!!

Production numbers sound high, there is very complete thread on this forum wherein people did a lot of research, do a search and find out everything you need to know before you make the move. If it sounds to be good to be true it usually is here or anywhere else.

This wa talked about for months you should be able to find enough information, to at laet know aht questions to ask. Remember with any business, there are operating expenses as well. Recover your original investmet in one year I seriously doubt it :o

Hi everybody!

I just discovered this forum and hope you guys can give me some tips about Rubber farm.

I dont know nothing about Rubber farm but I heard this is very good income to someone who live in Issan and I will move there next month and need fast answers.. :D

My questions is:

My wife got offer rubber farm 400000-450000baht for 10 rai.she say its big trees and allready can make money..

I want to know what is the income from this thing?She say its about 6000 per rai..

Its sounds too good to be truth!!Its means that with 10 rai in about 10 monthes-1year I get my return back!!For me as foreigner its sound impossible!!

First-why someone want to sell something so good???its like every year I can buy more rubber farm and more and more.. :)its too good to be truth you tell me as you have your experience..

Also-She say and she right of course..better we the family make together the farm by ourselfs no labors/workers for us.

I dont afraid from hard work but need to know ifs its good to buy this as I saved this money very hard and I am still young.I come thailand to stay with only 600000 baht.for issan even if I buy this so I can stay for 1 year without income with the money I will left in my hand.

She say shop depend on costumers and safer to invest in land.But land I dont know nothing..

Also-as foreigner I can not buy the land-but I think I can buy 49% and she will own 51%.should I do that?Of course I love her and she love me and we know long time and also love her family so I trust but for any case..

Also-what about the taxs if I own the land 49%?taxs to Thailand or taxs for my country also..?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME BECAUSE I AM LOST WITH THIS THING!!!:o

Hi everybody!

I dont know nothing about Rubber farm but I heard this is very good income to someone who live in Issan and I will move there next month and need fast answers.. :)

My questions is:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME BECAUSE I AM LOST WITH THIS THING!!!:(

400,000 to 450,000 for 10 rai of producing rubber trees is a good price but not out of line. Your wife probably means that you would get 6,000 baht per rai per year or 60,000 baht per year a return of 27% before expenses, again not out of line and far better than putting your money in the bank, and remember because oil is used to make synthatic rubber as the price of oil goes so does the price of rubber. Issangeorge

Hi everybody!

My questions is:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME BECAUSE I AM LOST WITH THIS THING!!!:D

400,000 to 450,000 for 10 rai of producing rubber trees is a good price but not out of line. Your wife probably means that you would get 6,000 baht per rai per year or 60,000 baht per year a return of 27% before expenses, again not out of line and far better than putting your money in the bank, and remember because oil is used to make synthatic rubber as the price of oil goes so does the price of rubber. Issangeorge

You mean 15% dont you George :o

You mean 15% dont you George :o

Yes my math never was my strong point. 15% is still not a bad return.

You mean 15% dont you George :D

Yes my math never was my strong point. 15% is still not a bad return.

Math is that where you put things together and make new numbers an amazing system from what I hear :o