Photographs For British Passports

Just seen this article in the local newspaper..

The British embassy has announced a tightening of the regulations for the Two identical photographs when nationals apply for a new passport . They must have been taken in the last month, be exactly 45mm x35mm in size, printed on plain white photo quality paper ( not embossed or watermarked) produced agaunst an off white , cream, or light grey background and show you with a closed mouth and a neutral expression....

may be of intrest if you are applying now for a new passport.

thanks ..... Mumbo

Its all to do with the new Bio recog.facility that is being set up with emphasis on facial Identification.

Seems that they dont want you to SMILE any more.

Take a look at any Thai passport pic.

The idea now is that although you may not be some low life retard in reality you can and are now encouraged to look like one. :o

Great for the front pages of the Patti newspapers. :D

Just seen this article in the local newspaper..

The British embassy has announced a tightening of the regulations for the Two identical photographs when nationals apply for a new passport . They must have been taken in the last month, be exactly 45mm x35mm in size, printed on plain white photo quality paper ( not embossed or watermarked) produced agaunst an off white , cream, or light grey background and show you with a closed mouth and a neutral expression....

may be of intrest if you are applying now for a new passport.

thanks ..... Mumbo

This is not a sudden or recent thing.

:D

The intenational requirement for a passport photo, cover most countries except the US, Canada and and acouple of countries that have not signed the regulation. (International Civil Aviation something).

The photo must be 45mm x 35mm, the person must be looking directly at the camera, eyes open, mouth closed, head straight no at an angle, not too light, not too dark. NO SMILING. If glasses are worn the relflection from the flash should not be near the eye. The size of the head from the chin to crown of the head (not including beards, hair and religious head covering) should be between 32 and 36mm and should take up 60-80% of the image.

This is for the biometric measurements they make and will be recorded when they work out how to record them and keep them secure from passing geeks with better gear than the immi dept.

I wish the %#@*@ people who came up with this set of rules would come to the coal face and try to get a 6week old baby to keep eyes open mouth closed, not show any expression, and generally comply with the regulations. I managed it this morning, only took 10 minutes.

The other troublesome one is the 3 or 4 y/o who does not want to be photographed. The can and do scream loud enough to drown out a jet. :o

Then in Oz they get the post office folk to asses the photos as to their suitability. Give a peson a bit of power... The only thing is when they reject them the folk at the local PO send people to my place of employment, because "they have less trouble with their photos" :D

I am still puzzled by the lady who came back and told me they rejected her photo because she showed "too much character" :D This was confirmed by her husband.

So check them photos befor you submit them

Chang