Amway Water Filters

jitagon

No experience with Amway, other than showing their sales rep the door - shame, 'cos she had gorgeous tits :D

Came to try to flog a 20k system to fahrang and wife.

We bought a 6k alternative 18 months ago, which has worked perfectly, and we have not had any problems with either the filtration and purification systems, nor have we poisoned ourselves or visitors with bad guts from the water!

Pop down to your nearest Tesco lotus. They have a whole range of systems on show - using US manufactured ceramic / carbon / resin cartridges.

The one I bought was a Mazuma Ultraflow, with ceramic and carbon filters, plus UV steriliser. I wish I spent a tad more, and got the 3 cylinder model with resin inverter as well. I just have to de-fur the kettle every six months instead.

Hope this helps - don't waste your money on the Amway model, unless you just want to see the reps tits, too? :o

No experience with Amway, other than showing their sales rep the door - shame, 'cos she had gorgeous tits :o 

I had a demonstration of the Amway system at my home by 2 absolute stunners ...I have absolutley no idea if it is any good or not, they had magnificent beetle bonnet's though :D

Edited by Thaipwriter

I've got one and it's great. You can check out the specification (in English) at espring.com.

Where you will find this disclaimer:

Note: The eSpring Water Purifier is designed for use with any municipally treated drinking water source or potable well/bore water. It is not intended for use on lake, river, or any other non-approved water sources.

Which means you do not require a filter in the first place. :o

I've got one and it's great. You can check out the specification (in English) at espring.com.

Note: The eSpring Water Purifier is designed for use with any municipally treated drinking water source or potable well/bore water. It is not intended for use on lake, river, or any other non-approved water sources.

Love it. :D

On the contrary. In response:

1. My home receives "municipally treated drinking water", but of questionable quality admittedly. Believe it or not the tap water in Bangkok exceeds world standards for drinking water in many parts of the city, and the Metropolitan Water Works Authority has made a strong effort to exceed World Health Organization standards, of course in some places the water that comes out of the tap is still questionable, usually due to the pipe network. You can verify this on the web at many sites, but for starters try http://english.mwa.co.th/water_e.html

2. And that's why I have a water filter. However I tend to agree that you really don't need one in the West.

Edited by Lazy Sod

On the contrary. In response:

1. My home receives "municipally treated drinking water", but of questionable quality admittedly. Believe it or not the tap water in Bangkok exceeds world standards for drinking water in many parts of the city, and the Metropolitan Water Works Authority has made a strong effort to exceed World Health Organization standards, of course in some places the water that comes out of the tap is still questionable, usually due to the pipe network. You can verify this on the web at many sites, but for starters try http://english.mwa.co.th/water_e.html

2. And that's why I have a water filter. However I tend to agree that you really don't need one in the West.

You do not need to spend 20,000 baht for a filter in Bangkok and if I were really interested in spending that much it sure would not be from a home selling firm.

It was atually about 27,000, and I stand by my recommendation. I have tasted filtered water at friends houses using other filters and was not impressed. I've no particular feelings towards Amway one way or the other, and have simply judged the product from personal experience. It's small, it works, the after sales service is excellent, very little maintenance is required, but yes it is rather expensive.

By the way, I assume from your response above that you now agree that a supplementary home filter is a good idea when drinking tap water in Bangkok? It is debatable whether you actually "need" one, but surely nobody can argue that the additional protection provided by a home filter is preferable.

I do not recall every saying not to use a filter in Bangkok - that web/disclaimer site was for the world. I have always recommend there use here although it is probably not necessary at most locations. You can check my postings over the years to prove if you wish.

What I do not recommend is spending big money for a filter when a simple ceramic type filter should be all that is required. And if I felt the need for UV extra stage I would shop at a water filter store rather than from a home sales outfit best known for off brand detergents.

Regardless of the attractive girls. :o

Amway filters don't filter out micro-organisms, or at least not all of them. Hence the warning about not using them on lake, river, etc water. The water has to be biologically safe. The only way to get cleaner water than an Amway filter provides is to use a reverse osmosis filter. Those waste most of the water, so are just not a sound choice in a country where droughts are frequent.

I use one on my US municipal water to remove the lead that's known to be in the water. It's one of the few filters that does remove lead. It makes great tasting water. I have to replace the filter once a year.

In the north, the municipally treated drinking water or tap water is odourless, tasteless. I'm not sure of the lead content etc, but it looks drinkable, but Thai friends say "Mai Dee", no good, so i have to lug 5litre drinking water bottles home from Tesco.

In other countries, like china, the taste of municipally treated drinking water is attrocious. From "rusty taste" due to corroded pipes, to "disinfectant taste" due to seepage from factories and "chlorine taste" due to too much chlorine. The chinese simply boiled it and drink it.