Ballot And Bloodshed Could Hinge On Thaksin's Leadership Decision

webfact

On that, we agree. What those surprises might be, we probably don't lol. Hopefully I will be surprised if the Reds decide not to burn down any more buildings!

I don't really care about burning shopping malls. Insurance paid out and the mall is being rebuilt.

In contrast, hundreds of thousands of people were affected by the airport takeovers, including myself. It made Thailand a laughing stock in the international community and cost untold billions in economic damages.

The big surprise will be when the PT get a majority but fail to form a government, then there will be remonstrations against another Democrat coalition and the country will plunge irreparably into further chaos.

Well, it's no surprise really to those paying attention.

Ober I don't know what's happened to you recently. You used to be a sensible poster but now your posts are getting more desperate.

To say that you don't care about the shopping malls being burned down. I'd like you to go and tell that to people who lost their jobs and livelihoods and see what reaction you get from them.

Also I think you need to look up the meaning of the word majority.

On that, we agree. What those surprises might be, we probably don't lol. Hopefully I will be surprised if the Reds decide not to burn down any more buildings!

I don't really care about burning shopping malls. Insurance paid out and the mall is being rebuilt.

In contrast, hundreds of thousands of people were affected by the airport takeovers, including myself. It made Thailand a laughing stock in the international community and cost untold billions in economic damages.

The big surprise will be when the PT get a majority but fail to form a government, then there will be remonstrations against another Democrat coalition and the country will plunge irreparably into further chaos.

And all the people that lost their jobs, etc etc.???? They may have also been inconvenienced as you were by the airport blockade.

Ober I don't know what's happened to you recently. You used to be a sensible poster but now your posts are getting more desperate.

To say that you don't care about the shopping malls being burned down. I'd like you to go and tell that to people who lost their jobs and livelihoods and see what reaction you get from them.

Emotions seem to trump logic and common sense for many posters lately, brush it off, like lint.

Emotions seem to trump logic and common sense for many posters lately, brush it off, like lint.

Pay attention rather to OK's penultimate sentence. It is a clue to hardline red thinking which is that if there is another coalition majority then Thaksin will attempt to revert to violence to get his way (the country will plunge irreparably into further chaos). Red camouflage is rather threadbare.

On what, besides a possible personal bias, are you basing the assumption of a PT majority?

OK

Majority = most = >50%.......

The exiled Khun_T must be planning a lot of bank transfers over the next 2 months if he's to manage bankrolling that scenario!

"when the PT get a majority but fail to form a government"

I don't quite understand you, if the PTP did indeed get a majority of seats, then how could they fail to be the next government ?

Are you implying an automatic coup, in that event, or did you mean rather to say that the PTP might be the largest minority-party, but fail to find enough coalition-partners to gain a majority ?

Edited by Ricardo

So a group of thugs come along and burn down your personal business premises and/or your house, putting large numbers of people in serious danger, then you would just brush it off and say 'never mind, don't worry, it's all ok, my insurance will pay'?

Nothing like over-exaggerating the consequences of the airport debacle and understating the consequences of the red shirt's behavior. The 8 day PAD action at Swampy was just a blip on the international news. The violent redshirt insurrection in BKK was all over the news for more than a month. The ensuing burning of BKK not only did major damage locally, it did damage to Thailand internationally. I have read some of the poster's on here make claims of what they saw and how they were affected and have compared those claims to the posters on here that claim to have been affected by the violence of the reds over the past few years. There seems to be little room for a real comparison other than some people affected by the airport closure were inconvemienced while people affected by the reds were actually at risk.

quote'SomTumTiger' timestamp='1303185975' post='4365626'

So a group of thugs come along and burn down your personal business premises and/or your house, putting large numbers of people in serious danger, then you would just brush it off and say 'never mind, don't worry, it's all ok, my insurance will pay'?

Nothing like over-exaggerating the consequences of the airport debacle and understating the consequences of the red shirt's behavior. The 8 day PAD action at Swampy was just a blip on the international news. The violent redshirt insurrection in BKK was all over the news for more than a month. The ensuing burning of BKK not only did major damage locally, it did damage to Thailand internationally. I have read some of the poster's on here make claims of what they saw and how they were affected and have compared those claims to the posters on here that claim to have been affected by the violence of the reds over the past few years. There seems to be little room for a real comparison other than some people affected by the airport closure were inconvemienced while people affected by the reds were actually at risk.

Not to mention that the airport take over was completely and totally over shadowed by the Mumbai take over and terrorist mass murders of dozens of innocents. It rather put the PAD action in a) perspective, and b ) way on the back burner of world consciousness.

And all the people that lost their jobs, etc etc.???? They may have also been inconvenienced as you were by the airport blockade.

It shows how blatantly selfish some people are.

A number of PTP leaders have been charged with LM violations. Guilty or not, I have no idea, as the papers never tell what was supposedly said for fear of having themselves charged as well.

There were thousands of witnesses who heard the speeches. Have any of them proclaimed that the statements either did or did not insult the monarchy?

Were anyone in this discussion forum actually there and can shed some light on the kind of thing that was said?

Only one PTP MP (who is also a UDD leader) has been charged, the rest are UDD leaders.

The very fact of the reaction of many that would normally jump to the defense would make it seem that indeed there was a serious set of remarks made.

TH