Hull Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas April 2011

coconut truck then? as this thread is about all non immigrant visas which my brother was asking about and funnily enough not about tourist visas!

can anyone actually answer the question DaengJonesie asked about non-o visas from any UK consulate on a 'visiting friends' like what Hull used to offer? jap.gif

Hull seem to be offering Non-O if your name is already on the list. New requests seem to be dismissed out of hand. Birmingham seems to have taken over Hull's mantle for the moment. I spoke to a monk yesterday afternoon and it would seem that they are not too happy with the changes which have taken place becasue it devalues getting married in a Wat as people have to provide documentation which a Wat does not provide.

I have received Non-O Visas from Hull for the past four years (I think or this could be my 4th) so would consider myself to be on the list but after a couple emails between myself and P Murden (who works at the Hull Consulate) regarding it is now not possible for the foreseeable future to gain a one year NON-O for the pretense of 'visiting friends'! His last email read;

Thank you for your message

There are changes this year so you would not be able to apply for this visa as “visiting Friends” what you have read on the website is correct and if you cannot meet any of this then you can only apply for the 60 day tourist visa with one, two or three entries.

Regards

Thanks to my brother for attempting to make this clear. I don't want a tourist just a NON-O can anyone help who knows what I'm going on about please?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want a tourist just a NON-O can anyone help who knows what I'm going on about please?

I think you already know that your options are now severely limited. You don't meet any of the requirements for a Non Imm O.

Optimism,rather like the statement below your splendid avatar,good day.:D

Edited by stoneyboy

So, if you now cannot obtain the Non Imm "O" Visa for the purpose of "visiting friends" is simply being married to a thai tick the correct boxes and enough to qualify you for this Visa then?

Also, what would happen for someone wanting to stay in Thailand to do the likes of teaching English?...what happens there with the Visa situation? what visa would you require to obtain entry as (correct me if i'm mistaken) but i'm sure someone said you need the Non Imm "O" visa to start off with to get in and get the Work Permit sorted out?? ....ahhh and just when things seemed quite easy they have to go and spoil it by making it more complicated.......dear, i might have to give in to her at last and get married after all. :D:D :D

You can enter on anything but when employment is found you must obtain a non immigrant visa entry that will allow a work permit to be issued. Most teachers arrive on tourist visas I suspect and then exit/return with non immigrant after they obtain employment paperwork and then the actual work permit can be issued.

So, if you now cannot obtain the Non Imm "O" Visa for the purpose of "visiting friends" is simply being married to a thai tick the correct boxes and enough to qualify you for this Visa then?

Also, what would happen for someone wanting to stay in Thailand to do the likes of teaching English?...what happens there with the Visa situation? what visa would you require to obtain entry as (correct me if i'm mistaken) but i'm sure someone said you need the Non Imm "O" visa to start off with to get in and get the Work Permit sorted out?? ....ahhh and just when things seemed quite easy they have to go and spoil it by making it more complicated.......dear, i might have to give in to her at last and get married after all. :D:D :D

Married no problem to gain a NON-O in UK you just need a copy of your marriage certificate and if in Thai a copy of it translated! English teachers like someone else has just stated, they usually get in on tourist visas and find work and then travel to Malaysia etc.. where they obtain the correct visa and Bob's your uncle or Fanny's your aunt!

Yes very limited options now, but I'll be back regardless at the end of the month with a smile on my face and be able to able to give the details or I'll be packing up my bags and coming back for holidays...

bah.gif

coconut truck then? as this thread is about all non immigrant visas which my brother was asking about and funnily enough not about tourist visas!

can anyone actually answer the question DaengJonesie asked about non-o visas from any UK consulate on a 'visiting friends' like what Hull used to offer? jap.gif

Hull seem to be offering Non-O if your name is already on the list. New requests seem to be dismissed out of hand. Birmingham seems to have taken over Hull's mantle for the moment. I spoke to a monk yesterday afternoon and it would seem that they are not too happy with the changes which have taken place becasue it devalues getting married in a Wat as people have to provide documentation which a Wat does not provide.

But there is no option on Birmingham's application form for visiting friends, also state need copy of marriage certificate for marriage.

I'm back to UK next week for a new visa.

What to do?

Am thinking maybe give Birmingham a go quoting marriage but in a Wat so no certificate.

enclose copy GF id card and my 30 year lease on house in her name.

If thats a no no then it will have to be a Tourist visa I guess.

But there is no option on Birmingham's application form for visiting friends, also state need copy of marriage certificate for marriage.

What to do?

Am thinking maybe give Birmingham a go quoting marriage but in a Wat so no certificate.

As I remember Hull also stated they required marriage certificate but they accepted a photocopy of ID card. IMO use the same service that you have been using as it would appear that if you already have a file, so to speak, then you shouldn't have a problem. Others may disagree

Hull seem to be offering Non-O if your name is already on the list. New requests seem to be dismissed out of hand. Birmingham seems to have taken over Hull's mantle for the moment. I spoke to a monk yesterday afternoon and it would seem that they are not too happy with the changes which have taken place because it devalues getting married in a Wat as people have to provide documentation which a Wat does not provide.

What to do?

As I remember Hull also stated they required marriage certificate but they accepted a photocopy of ID card. IMO use the same service that you have been using as it would appear that if you already have a file, so to speak, then you shouldn't have a problem. Others may disagree

You maybe right.

Although I have always used the visiting friends option before and have 3 non O visas from Hull in my passport already.

Not sure if this would count for or against or make no odds? Same same with enclosing a copy of the lease between my GF and I?

I am also wondering if I should call them before I apply or just send in the application.

Bit of a minefield at the moment thats for sure.

Hull seem to be offering Non-O if your name is already on the list. New requests seem to be dismissed out of hand. Birmingham seems to have taken over Hull's mantle for the moment. I spoke to a monk yesterday afternoon and it would seem that they are not too happy with the changes which have taken place because it devalues getting married in a Wat as people have to provide documentation which a Wat does not provide.

What to do?

You maybe right.

Although I have always used the visiting friends option before and have 3 non O visas from Hull in my passport already.

Not sure if this would count for or against or make no odds? Same same with enclosing a copy of the lease between my GF and I?

I am also wondering if I should call them before I apply or just send in the application.

Bit of a minefield at the moment thats for sure.

IMO just send in the app though I have just been using spouse for reason for visit over the years.

I just learned of this Hull situation and clearly it is not good for many people who relied

on this friendly consulate. I am sorry to hear about it. I wonder what triggered it in

the 1st place.

Anyone find an alternative?

Good luck

Too many people bragging on the internet about what a soft tough Hull were. Moral of the story, if you're onto something good ,,,,, mums the word.

I just learned of this Hull situation and clearly it is not good for many people who relied

on this friendly consulate. I am sorry to hear about it. I wonder what triggered it in

the 1st place.

Anyone find an alternative?

Good luck

Too many people bragging on the internet about what a soft tough Hull were. Moral of the story, if you're onto something good ,,,,, mums the word.

Basis for that assertion is?

A Tourist Visa gives you 60 days entry.

It can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.(1.900 Baht)

A triple entry will give 3 entries of 60 days.

Each entry can be extended by 30 days.

If they get a 170 return airticked for example then will not the immigration pull them up? Someone jest mentioned it to me and I hadn't thought about it. Their idea was to get an additional 1 way open ticket from Samui to outsire the Kingdon where they can keep changing the dates to fit it with the visa and print it off. Sounded reasonable to me but I thought I would ask on TV.

If they get a 170 return airticked for example then will not the immigration pull them up? Someone jest mentioned it to me and I hadn't thought about it. Their idea was to get an additional 1 way open ticket from Samui to outsire the Kingdon where they can keep changing the dates to fit it with the visa and print it off. Sounded reasonable to me but I thought I would ask on TV.

Since when have immigration ever looked at flight tickets ?

Since when have immigration ever looked at flight tickets ?

All on computer which is why they don't ask you for it. You also may be refused boarding, in these cases, France.

If you have a visa there is no checking of days by airline or immigration.

But I have read that you cannot get a single ticket and travel through Thailand leaving the Kindom overland within the 30 day period.

But that is not what we are talking about. 30 day is visa exempt entry for most people and that is when a ticket may be required. You are talking about 170 day stay of a three entry tourist visa and no ticket is required as that would be a visa entry.

But that is not what we are talking about. 30 day is visa exempt entry for most people and that is when a ticket may be required. You are talking about 170 day stay of a three entry tourist visa and no ticket is required as that would be a visa entry.

Yep, makes perfect sense and thank you very much

The big difference is that it was possible to get a non O from Hull by post for anyone in Europe...

Birmingham accepts postal visa request only from UK and to UK.

Are you sure? Hull website has always been saying that in order to get visa you have to be/apply from UK/Ireland..Practice was different though..

Has anyone checked Birmingham if they accept postal applications from another EU country ?

This topic came up last year when Hull was still handing out year long Non-O's like there was no tomorrow.

I sent an email to Hull saying I was from a "neighboring EU country" and wanted a Non-O from them.

They replied it was fine to do that, as long as I allowed more time in the post to/from.

Sadly, now that they've tightened up, I don't think it makes a bit of difference if they DID accept people from EU countries before or not.

I wonder if Birmingham will or not? No matter what their website says, I'll look up their link and send 'em the same email like I sent Hull saying I am from a 'neighboring EU country' and what documentation do I need to secure a year-long, multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type-O visa from them.

Not that I even need a visa, I'm just nosy is all. ... :P

EDIT: Uhh-Ohh, :o just went to the Royal Thai Consulate of Birmingham's website and didn't SEE an email addy :( . Anyone know it? :)

they dont have that they give out, Ms B said it would be to much hassle trying to help answer all the questions

The big difference is that it was possible to get a non O from Hull by post for anyone in Europe...

Are you sure? Hull website has always been saying that in order to get visa you have to be/apply from UK/Ireland..Practice was different though..

Has anyone checked Birmingham if they accept postal applications from another EU country ?

This topic came up last year when Hull was still handing out year long Non-O's like there was no tomorrow.

I sent an email to Hull saying I was from a "neighboring EU country" and wanted a Non-O from them.

They replied it was fine to do that, as long as I allowed more time in the post to/from.

Sadly, now that they've tightened up, I don't think it makes a bit of difference if they DID accept people from EU countries before or not.

I wonder if Birmingham will or not? No matter what their website says, I'll look up their link and send 'em the same email like I sent Hull saying I am from a 'neighboring EU country' and what documentation do I need to secure a year-long, multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type-O visa from them.

EDIT: Uhh-Ohh, :o just went to the Royal Thai Consulate of Birmingham's website and didn't SEE an email addy :( . Anyone know it? :)

they dont have that they give out, Ms B said it would be to much hassle trying to help answer all the questions

Ring them up and and for one, say it's on behalf or a friend who is deaf

Just to add... A friend sent his application from France to Hull but gave a return address in the UK. 4 days, no problem.

Just to add... A friend sent his application from France to Hull but gave a return address in the UK. 4 days, no problem.

So, his passport was returned to an address in the UK -- and he's in France? Must be more to this story....?

A friend sent his application from France to Hull

but gave a return address in the UK. 4 days, no problem.

Hull has always be kind enough to send back my passport in France. :jap:

A little bit more expensive due to mailing cost : 100 £ + 12 £ for a multi non-imm O.

Why did your friend choose to have it return in UK ?? :unsure:

Why did your friend choose to have it return in UK ?? :unsure:

Maybe because of this proviso on the Hull website:

Visas applications are accepted only from persons who are residing in the UK at the time of application.

I thought a triple entry is only valid for 6 months? making the extension only necessary on the last entry.