Disappointing News

GuestHouse

It's in my top ten of Thailand gripes - You know the ones, you forget about how annoying they are until it happens again.... and it always happens again.

What am I talking about? News Paper Reports of Course.

Those stories that are headlines on day one, might get mentioned on day two and then disappear completely.... as if they never happened.

I'm not talking about stuff that's run its course, but stories that on day two the paper might, for example, report 'The Court Will Announce Its Verdict Tomorrow'.

Then ... nothing....Never mentioned again.

Those stories that are headlines on day one, might get mentioned on day two and then disappear completely.... as if they never happened.

Um....

What's the first 3 letters of the word 'News'?

I don't want to read any more about the Death of Princess Diana, or the burning of the Hindenburg.

It's in my top ten of Thailand gripes - You know the ones, you forget about how annoying they are until it happens again.... and it always happens again.

I'm not talking about stuff that's run its course, but stories that on day two the paper might, for example, report 'The Court Will Announce Its Verdict Tomorrow'.

Then ... nothing....Never mentioned again.

It ain't called news currency for nothing :o ... newspapers are a business and stories are only there to fill the spaces between the ads :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun Jean: Easy solution, don't read newspapers.

===========================================

I agree. I keep telling myself when I finally do relocate to the LOS, that I want to keep on smiling. I don't want to see the news in any form. No phones, faxes, etc.............Just pure light entertainment............... DJM

There is value in buying newspapers:

To wrap up fish and chips.

Toilet paper.

To kill mosquitos.

To hide pimples on your chin.

To slam on the security guard's desk to wake him up.

To make a sun hat.

To create paper dolls.

To wipe dog crap off your shoes.

The list goes on................