Documents For Spouse Visa Application

The documents you are advise to bring include -

your sponsor’s birth certificate (that would be mine then)

- does this have to be the original or will a photocopy be accepted ?

evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport or registration certificate that has been confirmed as a true copy, in other words certified.)

- Is a photocopy of the passport accepted and what bits ? (the whole lot or just back pages ?)

- Are these documents retained until the interview ?

- Is the applicants passport also held until the interview ?

- If I include a letter to support her application will it be read ?

Slimsam,

You will need a copy of your passport in its entirety, your bank statements for the last 6 months, your last 3-4 months' wage slips, a covering letter, evidence of contact (letters, e-mails, phone bills/cards, photos, greetings cards etc.), proof of accommodation and your marriage certificate.

As your British passport is issued upon production of your birth certficate, you don't need to show both, as that's just duplication.

You can ask for original documents to be immediately returned. However, they will not hang on to the applicant's apssport.

Scouse.

Hi Slimsam,

In support of what Scouse has said. My Mrs got her SV last week. I might have gone over the top but better to have too much info, eh. The letter from my employer included my National Insurance No., Salary and length of service. I also provided my last P60.

I also included a copy of the deeds for my house, as this clearly shows the floorplan and the amount of rooms there are. This is to show that there is enough room for you and the Mrs to live.

Hope this helps

MrBoJ

"You will need a copy of your passport in its entirety,"

Dam Dam -in a panic cos guess who just sent the first page and the name page!!!! oh no!!!

Ok so they need every single page photocpied?

Why on earth does my lawyer know none of this!!!! :o

Ofcourse they do - prob to make sure I haven't been visiting Turkey, Jamaica and any other 'husband' hot spots to pick up other foreign men!!! or got myself deported from somewhere!!!!

Edited by caledonia

Dam Dam -in a panic cos guess who just sent the first page and the name page!!!! oh no!!!

Ofcourse they do - prob to make sure I haven't been visiting Turkey, Jamaica and any other 'husband' hot spots to pick up other foreign men!!! or got myself deported from somewhere!!!!

I copied the 'ID card' at the back and pages containing Thai stamps, that all. Other pages in there contain like stamps to OZ and places I didn't bother with. Not there business really. They know where I've been anyway :D

I copied the 'ID card' at the back and pages containing Thai stamps, that all. Other pages in there contain like stamps to OZ and places I didn't bother with. Not there business really. They know where I've been anyway :D

It's my understanding that you need only copy the pages with Thai stamps. I think the reason for this, is to confirm the amount of times you have been out there and been with your other half.