Parking Motorbike In Cm Airport

pgthompson

Unless they have changed it recently, bikes were never issued tickets and never charged, at least I have never been charged, admittedly I have never parked a bike for more than a couple of hours. The motorcycle parking area has changed though and is now close to the feeder road which makes all bikes easily viewed by anyone passing so as for security, I think 'parked at owners risk' fits. Unfortunately there is no cover at all in that car park so it is likely to get baked and washed.

Unless they have changed it recently, bikes were never issued tickets and never charged, at least I have never been charged, admittedly I have never parked a bike for more than a couple of hours. The motorcycle parking area has changed though and is now close to the feeder road which makes all bikes easily viewed by anyone passing so as for security, I think 'parked at owners risk' fits. Unfortunately there is no cover at all in that car park so it is likely to get baked and washed.

If not stolen. The op was asking for a week. Bad idea in my opinion, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

If not stolen. The op was asking for a week. Bad idea in my opinion, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

I fully agree. I would be sceptical of parking a well used bike there for a week let alone anything of value now they have moved the parking area.

I did park my Honda Phantom there for a week .When i returned the back box had been forced open and some minor things taken .There was no charge for parking ,and that was about 6 months ago .

If parking there put on a good lock .

There are no long term vehicle parking facilities at Chiang Mai airport.

I know, I`ve already made inquiries.

If you do take a chance and leave a motorbike there for more than a day, there is a possibility that it could be removed as a security risk.

Up to you, if you are willing to risk it for a biscuit.

why would you want to leave your bike there anyway ?

an airport taxi will take you anywhere you want very cheaply if you can afford a flight you can afford a taxi leave it at home then no need to worry

Next time i go i will use my old Honda wave ,and lock it up well .I prefer not to have to depend on a Taxi ,because some of the drivers are a bit ify .

an airport taxi will take you anywhere you want very cheaply if you can afford a flight you can afford a taxi leave it at home then no need to worry

Next time i go i will use my old Honda wave ,and lock it up well .I prefer not to have to depend on a Taxi ,because some of the drivers are a bit ify .

I've never had a problem with getting a cab from the desk that says "Downtown 120 Baht"

Friends have travelled farther afield, but were told the price in advance by the girl on the desk and it was written on the slip of paper that she gives you. They too have never had a problem.

I've never had a problem with getting a cab from the desk that says "Downtown 120 Baht"

Friends have travelled farther afield, but were told the price in advance by the girl on the desk and it was written on the slip of paper that she gives you. They too have never had a problem.

Its more going thats the problem .The driver knows your going away and that your house may be empty .

For about 1.5 years I left my newish Honda Wave at the airport parking lot on Sundays and picked it up on Wednesdays. I put a cover on it and a heavy chain lock around the back tire looping over the seat on top of the cover so everyone could see the chain and lock and not try to move it.

No problems at all.

Twice i've ordered a taxi, from different taxi ranks, and twice the buggers never turned up. Fortunately the manager of the condo then took me in her car.

This time it's an early flight so no back up plan, yes it's easy to get back, the problem is getting there in the first place!

PLEASE don't presume what other peoples finance's are.

Twice i've ordered a taxi, from different taxi ranks, and twice the buggers never turned up. Fortunately the manager of the condo then took me in her car.

This time it's an early flight so no back up plan, yes it's easy to get back, the problem is getting there in the first place!

PLEASE don't presume what other peoples finance's are.

Sorry, I meant assume!

Put my bike there 4-5 days no probs, locked it well. Parking attendant told me i could leave it there for several days no problem, just lock i t well....No fee. I doubt security nighttime is decent so yeah lock it...Last time i took a taxi i had to wait for one and a half hour for my taxi to appear at the 120 baht to downotwn counter, Big queue. Had to wait there longer than my flight took, so wont do that again.....