Return of Rental Deposit.

Posted (edited)

Anything in writing? Lease, monthly rental to be paid by, notice of termination or early termination by either party, return of deposit etc.

The civil and commercial code refers to monthy payments and and missed monthly payments. Don't know if deposits can be used in lieu of month rental payment unless there is a joint agreement.

If he keeps your deposit ask him if hes going to pay tax on that.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, patman30 said:

sorry i canno0t read minds, so can only go by the words you type.
words matter.

i am not going to assume you meant something other than what you typed,
That is rude and offensive for most.

Didn´t have to read minds to understand that. However, in the future, I will make an exception for you, so there will be no problem for you following the topics.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

why did you put a question mark at the end of this statement?
and why did you rent there in the first place?
"within my rights" LOL

1 hour ago, patman30 said:

why did you put a question mark at the end of this statement?
and why did you rent there in the first place?
"within my rights" LOL

Because I was asking question, why did I rent there, great location, decent house near the school.

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems to me there are often self-fulfilling prophecies.

When people treat the landlord like: He will never give me my money back, I will do this and that, then don't be surprised when you don't get your money back.

Recently I got my money back, all of it. I paid until the last rent, I paid the electricity and water bills, and I treated the landlady with respect. All fine, everybody happy.

This fella doesn’t treat people with respect, he talks down to everybody raises his voice to try and scare people, my wife said he speaks to people like they were dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

This fella doesn’t treat people with respect, he talks down to everybody raises his voice to try and scare people, my wife said he speaks to people like they were dogs.

If he does that all the time, then people should not be surprised. 

I wouldn't do any kind of business with such a person. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What should I have checked up on the fella was a total stranger prior to renting the house.

In your rental agreement it should say he will do the TM30. Also you should have asked him the process of getting the deposit bank and how long

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In your rental agreement it should say he will do the TM30. Also you should have asked him the process of getting the deposit bank and how long

When I rented the house 4 years ago Immigration were not insisting on a TM30, it was only after the TM6 Arrival/Departure Card was scrapped immigration wanted a TM30.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

There are 2 sides to every story.

I am a landlord too, but I always return deposits even when I shouldn’t (cat damage).

I am not saying I would do this but perhaps not pay the last 2 months and don’t be revealing that fact until as close to the end of the lease as you can talk your way to.

I was a landlord in the U.K., I returned the deposit to my tenants when they left, no questions asked, in fact they were surprised when I gave them it back even though there was a big stain on the carpet and they left the shower in a helluva state.

Edited by Jumbo1968
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I was a landlord in the U.K., I returned the deposit to my tenants when they left, no questions asked, in fact they were surprised when I gave them it back.

Need to that that now by law .

The deposit needs to be protected and you have to give it back, unless there's some reason not too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The deposit needs to be protected and you have to give it back, unless there's some reason not too

Exactly I had to set a special account up for the deposit in the U.K., no such law exists in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those that preach dont automatically pay the last 2 months rent would leave me to think whats happens if the landlord gets the right hump and I come back from the beach one day to find all my gear in the Condo corridor

Am talking out aloud....Maybe others agree or perhaps not ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

When I rented the house 4 years ago Immigration were not insisting on a TM30, it was only after the TM6 Arrival/Departure Card was scrapped immigration wanted a TM30.

you should have checked prior to renting whether it was required or not, it's always been an issue with landlords not wanting to do it

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Same in WA OZ it is held by some govt. body, but you can still get ripped off, I thoroughly cleaned a house, on leaving it, apparently they had to call in the cleaners as it was 'dirty' behind the toilet bowl. They work on a days pay, ( I still think the agents 'friends' do it ) also you have to pay a professional carpet cleaner, and not allowed to do it yourself with a hired one.   

• Like 1

Now, I have landlord & landlady who are my friends.

Before, I had Narcissistic, Gaslighting Witch, spelled with a B.

The Witch was too stupid to calculate energy costs and other costs, so that there was no possibility of discussing return of rental deposit.

I was not happy to lose my deposit.

But, this time, I have a wonderful landlord.

So, if they keep my deposit, when I leave, I will still be very happy.

This is why it is so important to have a good landlord.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What a shame, you've been there 4 years now you must relocate. 

I heard landowners are refusing the TM30 because now they can be tracked and forced to pay government fees etc. for owning investment properties. 

Taxability seems to be the new era policy. Is it coincidence that increasing clawback on dwindling inflation impacted lower/middle income seems to be happening globally?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1