Retirement extension Jomtien "trip report"

Don't want to sound like an a-hole but luckey me to have a friend who knows a friend who's a heavy in Pattaya immigration

scenes and can fix all my needs for  token fee of 1-2,000 baht, I'm saying it to show that in this country, it's  the case

of not what you know, rather who you know...

• Like 2

OP, thanks for report.

Good to see no silly games with TM30 as it should not be required. 

Regarding your reentry permit.... if it's busy when you pick up pp as you know it's a simple process to obtain reentry permit at airport.

Re the note to return after 3 months with bank book just ignore that.

No record is made. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't want to sound like an a-hole but luckey me to have a friend who knows a friend who's a heavy in Pattaya immigration

scenes and can fix all my needs for  token fee of 1-2,000 baht, I'm saying it to show that in this country, it's  the case

Why do you need to know someone heavy in Pattaya immigration to fIx all your needs for 2000 baht? OP did the extension himself for 1900 baht and sounds like a pretty simple process

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why do you need to know someone heavy in Pattaya immigration to fIx all your needs for 2000 baht? OP did the extension himself for 1900 baht and sounds like a pretty simple process

When i wrote 2,000 baht i meant to get the work done on my behalf and that include

renewal of retirement  and re entry with me only supplying the paperwork and wait at home

and after 35 years of doing it myself, its beat wasting my time in them cattle station invoiurments......

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

I will pick up the passport and do re-entry permit

In the old system I was allowed to enter the main building by showing the laminated number to collect my passport and proceed to re entry desk. How does the new system work? do you have to come back to the  small building for a queue number for re entry desk?

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, thanks for report.

Good to see no silly games with TM30 as it should not be required. 

Regarding your reentry permit.... if it's busy when you pick up pp as you know it's a simple process to obtain reentry permit at airport.

Re the note to return after 3 months with bank book just ignore that.

No record is made. 

Thanks for the tip, but when I travel long haul I do not want to run the risk of an upset in any way, even if my rational brain tells me it is very low. So I do it well in advance, and enjoy a quiet time awaiting departure.

• 1 month later...

I went last week to beat the Songkran rush.

I needed no TM30. A copy of my pink card served as address confirmation.

NEW: the IO wanted a copy of the middle pages of my PP, the two of them. However, he made the copy himself and I signed it.

Pretty crowded when I went, but in and out in 30 min.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:43 AM, ezzra said:

in this country, it's  the case

I don't know anybody, and what I know has always been sufficient to avoid problems.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I feel physically every time I have to interact with immigration......there is (nearly) always some twist to catch you out....last time I downloaded all the forms and filled them in beforehand......"sorry these are old forms, you need to fill these in"......filled them in, no queuing system, fight to hand the forms back in....."no good....all forms must be in blue ink now...do again".....F.F.S.

You're not talking about Pattaya if you say there is no queing system

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I feel physically every time I have to interact with immigration......there is (nearly) always some twist to catch you out....last time I downloaded all the forms and filled them in beforehand......"sorry these are old forms, you need to fill these in"......filled them in, no queuing system, fight to hand the forms back in....."no good....all forms must be in blue ink now...do again".....F.F.S.

Used the same forms at Jomtien for years. They live on on my computer, the required fields filled in black Arial. I merely change the dates, print them out, and sign with a blue fountain pen.

Piece o' cake. Simple retirement extension, 800k method. 

Never tried to make an appt. I show up in the afternoon and take a number.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

I have been doing retirement extensions at Immo/Bkk for the past 15 years.   If you use the 800K baht in the bank method, and leave it there all year, there have been no changes to the requirements for an extension.

Yes, there have been a few minor changes, such as the photocopy of the TM47, hand-drawn map, 4 forms to sign.  But, those are just minor changes which can be done on-site.

If you really can't stand the treatment by your local Immo office, then I recommend changing your legal address to somewhere in Bangkok, and report to Division 1.

'nuff said

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Generally it takes me about 4-5 minutes with the IO and I'm done. I have all my paperwork filled out and signed ahead of time and the 1,900 baht in my pocket.
I like to get in early for a couple reasons. One is, if you are the 1st-3rd person at Desk 8, the IO is probably still in a good mood. Also, if they spring a new requirement on you, you've got time to go home and get (whatever) done and return.
(Like the last time I tried to do my 90 Day report and suddenly I had to fill out a new TM.47 and a new TM.30 because I'd gone to Cambodia for 3 days a couple months earlier. Travelling out of the country hadn't been a problem in the last 7 years or so - until last February. I noticed that almost everyone in the "90 Day" line was having to hand in paperwork instead of just their passport. Took me FIVE hours to get all the paperwork, get a queue number to go through the "report residence" line, get a new queue number for the 90 Day desk, then wait an hour before getting my passport back. They told me "next time" will be quicker because of the extra piece of paper I now have stapled in my passport.)

The queue system is hit and miss. I've tried using the Que app only to sit there and not have it call my number anyways. With the recent expansion at Jomtien though I think the process is a little more smooth.

Last time I just went to the counter and got my "queue" number directly (they already had a stack of them printed out and ready).

I've had the TM.7 on my computer for years (along with various other forms) and never had a problem. Each year I set up a new folder, open last year's application, change the dates (and my age), print and save it in the new folder. Then print the scans of my passport and driver's license and sign them. Then print new copies of those "extra" forms Jomtien likes you to sign (the one acknowleding the penalties of overstay and the other one acknowledging the terms and conditions of temporary stay).
Add a passport photo to the stack and then wait until the day before I want to go to Jomtien to get my "bank letter" and update my passbook.

I also work my 90 day reports by going 90-93 days apart so that when I go back to Immigration the next day to get my passport, I can do the 90 Day report at the same time.

That way, my next 90 day is also the day I have to go back for the "bank book check" anyways.

Once you have everything set up, it's really not that hard. Takes about what, 10 minutes to update and print the various forms and scans, sign all the photocopies (and forms), attach a photo, stick it all in a file folder.
Oh and 100 baht at the bank to get the "Bank Letter". So a total of 2,000 baht to do the extension. 

Which is apparently too much for some people so they'll pay 20,000+ to have someone else do it for them.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Then print new copies of those "extra" forms Jomtien likes you to sign (the one acknowleding the penalties of overstay and the other one acknowledging the terms and conditions of temporary stay).

As do I, fields already typed it in, just change the date. Also have my phone number typed at the bottom. Anything to get outta the Immigration office quickly. 

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

That way, my next 90 day is also the day I have to go back for the "bank book check" anyways.

Been a couple years since I received a bank book check notice. I'd ignore it anyway.

Once you have everything set up, it's really not that hard. Takes about what, 10 minutes to update and print the various forms and scans, sign all the photocopies (and forms), attach a photo, stick it all in a file folder.
Oh and 100 baht at the bank to get the "Bank Letter". So a total of 2,000 baht to do the extension. 

Exactly.

I get the bank book letter from the bank on my way to Immigration. They give me a photocopy of the updated last page.

last time I tried to do my 90 Day report and suddenly I had to fill out a new TM.47 and a new TM.30 because I

If online doesn't work and I must go there, I print out a pre-filled TM47 and passport copies. Also my yellow book. Never done a TM.30.

I love surprising them.

They told me "next time" will be quicker because of the extra piece of paper I now have stapled in my passport.)

What "extra" besides the usual acknowledgement slip w/ notice of your next reporting date?