Tiger X-Road 250

I have a few more questions, my assistant spoke to somebody from Tiger Motor, and they claim that they don't sell or make the X-road 250 (confusing – not completely – yet), but the Tiger Sachs Club is importing them and selling them so I need to contact them.

Now the questions, on the tigersachsclub and on this forum I read that Tiger Motor is doing the warranty, is this true? Who is the importer and who is making the dam_n things? Also the Tiger motor person said that I would have no problem registering the bike, because they are identical to the Sachs X-Road 250 who is already approved for Thailand. But is it not so that even if a product is the same but from other manufacturers and other model numbers it needs to be tested again?

It seems to me that your assistant has been talking with someone from Tiger Motors who doesn't have all information or the language barrier has created confusion.

As far as i know is that Tiger is making (manufacturing) and selling the X-road, so it is not an imported bike but locally made in Thailand.

Tiger has sold the X-road to me (online with help from the Tiger Sachs Club, thanks to Mbox) , would there be any issues then it is under warranty from Tiger Motors (they sold the bike to me, not Tiger Sachs Club).

About the registration, mine is in process of being registered at this moment in my missus her name (easiest way for me).

I am currently in Europe, will be back in 1,5 week and my X-road should then be ready waiting for me (as soon as i get it i will put some pictures here).

The best person who can answer your questions would be Mbox from Tiger Sach Club or Khun Pariya from Tiger Motors.

PM me if you want their email addresses.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like i get mine on the 18th of May...............

Tony, when are we going to hit Bira ??:)

Sweet! I will try and come along for a stikcy beak!

Mr.Poko; as long as you don't mention the word Sachs, it is a Tiger product now but it is exactly the same bike but just has a Tiger sticker instead of a Sachs sticker. As far as i know the online order system with the TigerSachsClub goes direct to the factory. Mbox is not importing the X-Road, he only smooths the way for people ordering. I suggest you (or your assistant) PM mbox here on TV or TSC and maybe he can get the right person for you to talk too.

BTW, the factory Tiger website as Thaicbr said is being revamped, a lot of the info is from the old website and still out of date which explains why they only have 'Future Product' for the X-Road

Edited by taichiplanet

"The final word about the Lifan Cossack 250 – LF250GY-2 is that it's a stylish, well finished, feel good, good value,"

The final word is it's not here yet and no guarantee that it will be. But yes over the next few years there will be more bikes available. When is anybodies guess.

the website quotes a 3 year warranty.. but i for one have never seen a LIFAN dealer or website selling these bikes.. we do have the website you linked to but the information as usual isn't exactly solid.

Edited by thaicbr

It looks like i get mine on the 18th of May...............

Tony, when are we going to hit Bira ??:)

Sweet! I will try and come along for a stikcy beak!

Mr.Poko; as long as you don't mention the word Sachs, it is a Tiger product now but it is exactly the same bike but just has a Tiger sticker instead of a Sachs sticker. As far as i know the online order system with the TigerSachsClub goes direct to the factory. Mbox is not importing the X-Road, he only smooths the way for people ordering. I suggest you (or your assistant) PM mbox here on TV or TSC and maybe he can get the right person for you to talk too.

BTW, the factory Tiger website as Thaicbr said is being revamped, a lot of the info is from the old website and still out of date which explains why they only have 'Future Product' for the X-Road

The Tiger X-road page, on the Tiger website, was last updated on 27 April 2011 http://www.tigermotor.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87:x-road-250-&catid=36:motorcycle&Itemid=164 , still it says “Future Model”. Also at the bottom of that page it says http://www.madass.in.th (A website which Google has qualified as a an “ attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.”

“Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.”

The Tiger website certainly needs some updating.

Just a guess but that madass.in.th web address is/was probably owned/set-up by Richard who is also behind the motorcy***.in.th website you pulled the info on the Lifan Cossack from. I could be wrong though. :)

Alex will get his X-Road 250 in a week or 2, so the future will soon be a reality!

Edited by taichiplanet

I think I will postpone the motorbike buying, I was reading about a new Lifan 250 cc motorbike coming available and have the idea that more models will soon become available. http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Lifan-LF250GY-2_Cossack-250_Scrambler

If it's not alot more than the 200 then it will be excellent value. Those wheels are a disaster though. First thing I would do before I rode out of the showroom would be to change them for some nice alloy ones.

The Tiger website certainly needs some updating.

Just a guess but that madass.in.th web address is/was probably owned/set-up by Richard who is also behind the motorcy***.in.th website you pulled the info on the Lifan Cossack from. I could be wrong though. :)

Alex will get his X-Road 250 in a week or 2, so the future will soon be a reality!

Taichiplanet, 9 more days, i am counting.......:)

I think I will postpone the motorbike buying, I was reading about a new Lifan 250 cc motorbike coming available and have the idea that more models will soon become available. http://www.motorcycl...k-250_Scrambler

Mr. Poko, if you believe that website, then we should have had several models motorbikes in Thailand already for a long time, originally supplied by the manufacturers, but the truth is that most of us never saw one of the models on the road (except for the grey import ones from the big motorcycle manufacturers). Still waiting for final testing results, and other reasons. That website is giving information while some bikes haven't been tested yet and it is still a big question mark if they ever would make it legally on thai roads.

I still remember the example of that website saying that Honda would bring the cbr600rr officially to thailand for a price around 480.000 baht or something (this was early last year), untill this moment i never saw an cbr600rr brought in by Honda, only through grey import (by the well known bigger motorcycle shops in thailand).

As others say too, i have read a lot on the internet about all the chinese brand bikes coming to Thailand, but totally i have seen only 2-3 for sale, never saw one on the road.

The X-road finally arrived here on the road, and i ordered one after i received answers to my questions and got more detailed information then i was asking for. Communication with Tiger is excellent (through Tiger Sachs Club), ordering is easy and simple. Another plus is that the bike is made in Thailand, so parts are easily available if you need them. How will that be with Lifan or other brands ? What will happen if you need something and it will not be available, or wait 2 weeks or longer to get it ?

The X-road finally arrived here on the road ........... Another plus is that the bike is made in Thailand, so parts are easily available if you need them.

I'm not sure if that's correct. As far as I am aware the X-Road is assembled in Thailand, mainly from parts/sub-assemblies made in China.