Garden Shed

doppa

Yes, I have seen many on on my travels. There are made of wire, brick, wood, steel, aluminum or whatever you like. Good luck with your maybe move.

ok ha ha, where can i buy one!

Lots of places. Home Pro, Global House. You can go to a lumber yard and they will have a carpenter make one for you, or a welding shop and they will make one for you, or one of those places that does awnings will make one for you with aluminum and polycarbonate. Perhaps you would get more helpful responses if you were more clear about what you want. Size? Portable, on wheels, permanent, easy to relocate, secure or open, or? Material? Color?

Yes, I have seen many on on my travels. There are made of wire, brick, wood, steel, aluminum or whatever you like. Good luck with your maybe move.

ok ha ha, where can i buy one!

Lots of places. Home Pro, Global House. You can go to a lumber yard and they will have a carpenter make one for you, or a welding shop and they will make one for you, or one of those places that does awnings will make one for you with aluminum and polycarbonate. Perhaps you would get more helpful responses if you were more clear about what you want. Size? Portable, on wheels, permanent, easy to relocate, secure or open, or? Material? Color?

it was a general enquiry, specifics will come later, .

Edited by Rimmer

On the site-that-cannot-be-named there are a couple topics that go into great detail on building these, in various materials. Easiest would just be 4 concrete posts and brick walls. Add a door, perhaps a window or two, roof on steel supports and those are pretty much your costs.

Wimpy.If you can weld and put the four posts and roof on, then just run a string on the outside of the posts to build the bricks to. They are easy to cut and if you plaster it after wards then it doesn't matter if the bricks are a bit up and down on each course. Go for it.

Its a garden shed he wants not a bomb shelter .They are normally made in the West out of soft timber with a felt roof and cost around Euro 400 for a 8 foot by 4 foot .Soft timber would not last long in Thailand though .

You dont need to weld just use shelfing iron and an angle grinder and bolt togeather .

Tomorrow i will post a picture of my effort .

I would submit that it is a near-universal farang-trait, when 'her indoors' is having the 'moho grumps', for we civilised-men to retreat to a garden-shed or similar bolt-hole ? :whistling:

IMO the fixtures & fittings should include, although not necessarily be limited to :-

- a couple of comfortable easy-chairs (the 2nd for any friends who may drop-by)

- a padded foot-rest

- a selection of paperbacks & newspapers

- a well-stocked small fridge for cooling of suitable beverages

- a window/veranda/open-side with a good view

- a short-wave radio, to listen to cricket/football (delete as appropriate)

Extremists might include :-

- bedding for overnight-stays

- a tin-hat for emergencies

- iodine tablets, in case the wind blows from Japan

What would others recommend, to help Doppa design his perfect garden-shed ? B)

A good business plan would be for someone to start building western style garden sheds here, I belive their is a market in thailand 100% sure, lots of expats here and think thai people would also buy, you could get good contracts with globle house-home mall etc. if i did not have a business already then i would be onto that. i am 100% sure that would make money. rob/sk

I would submit that it is a near-universal farang-trait, when 'her indoors' is having the 'moho grumps', for we civilised-men to retreat to a garden-shed or similar bolt-hole ? :whistling:

IMO the fixtures & fittings should include, although not necessarily be limited to :-

- a padded foot-rest

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Doppa,

Suggest you visit the vast complex of landscape/gardening/flower and plant, and all gardening accessories, including pre-built salas, just behind the Lotus Tesco on the SuperHighway.

You may see some pre-built sheds, get some ideas, even locate someone who would build one for you cheaply.

best, ~o:37;

A good business plan would be for someone to start building western style garden sheds here, I belive their is a market in thailand 100% sure, lots of expats here and think thai people would also buy, you could get good contracts with globle house-home mall etc. if i did not have a business already then i would be onto that. i am 100% sure that would make money. rob/sk

- a padded foot-rest

Not necessarily.

The problem is with the Thai climate and this maybe the reason most Thais don`t have garden sheds.

Plastic has a tendency to crack and crumble, wood quickly becomes under attack from insects, such as ants, termites, beetles and also rots during hot and wet weather.

My advice is, to do what I done and that is:

Get a few of the local lads to build a shed from cement blocks, render then paint to a color of choice.

Build the roof out of coconut wood and then cover it with regular house roofing tiles. The floor can be made from sand covered with concrete, either left plain, painted or floor tiled over.

Once completed you can furnish the shed with shelves or storage racks that can be bought from anywhere.

Ours only cost 13000 baht a year ago, built by a few of the local lads and they done a fine job, which included everything plus labor. It`s a solid construction and should see me out during my lifetime.

I made my own ,as a lean to ,at the side of the house .Used shelving iron ( can cut with an angle grinder and bolt togeather ),perspex ,and 2 inch by one inch hardwood ,plus plastic doors .Here is my effort ,

IMG_3708.JPG

IMG_3710.JPG

IMG_3709.JPG

Edited by Thaifan2