English Language For Thais

detectivethai

We can certainly offer English lessons with Thai teachers, you can even have a free demo lesson to see if you like it or not and decide about paying later. All of our English teachers are native speakers but we have a lot of Thai teachers who speak perfect English and have a lot of teaching experience.

Walen School

Thank you I did enquire with Walen school but was told that there are no native Thai teachers that teach English language at Walen????

We can certainly offer English lessons with Thai teachers, you can even have a free demo lesson to see if you like it or not and decide about paying later. All of our English teachers are native speakers but we have a lot of Thai teachers who speak perfect English and have a lot of teaching experience.

Walen School

There is certainly no shortage of English language programs taught by foreign nationals in the greater Bangkok area. Finding one which has a teaching staff of Thai nationals isn't that hard either. The problem is weeding out the ones which provide quality English language learning from the ones that don't :( and that can be quite hit-or-miss. :whistling:

A very good school that immediately comes to mind is one I know which has teachers who are Thai nationals who speak fluent English (and Thai of course ;) ), AND which also has native English speaking foreigners who speak fluent Thai too! :) (I mean how cool is that?) That way they can explain the “why” about the English language IN Thai so a student understands better how the English language goes together and how it differs from Thai.

The school I’m thinking of is called the “Chris English School”.

It’s founded by a half Thai half British guy named Christopher Wright. His catch phrase for the school is “Learn English the Wright way” <- you gotta admit, that IS pretty catchy huh? :lol:

He’s actually known to almost every Thai as “Chris Delivery”. He even has a television show (by the same name) on every Friday nite which teaches English to Thais using skits with famous Thai actors and singers.

He’s one of the most enthusiastic energetic and outgoing private language school owners I’ve ever met. He sincerely wants Thai people to learn English and has really put a lot of time into coming up with ways that English will ‘click and stick’ for Thais learning it

His school is located in the (newly rebuilt) Central World Plaza, so it’s easy to get there from the Sky Train. They offer a WIDE variety of English programs depending on the level of English and the objectives a student has.

I know a few Thais who’ve attended it. They say it’s great, really interactive and really interesting and their English skills went up markedly!

Face it learning a foreign language is hard enough on a person, (I can attest to that in my endeavor to learn the Thai language :o ). Any place which makes the learning interesting and where the language actually sinks in is a plus! :D

Here’s their website;

Chris English School

Good Luck. ..

Oh BTW: I’m NOT affiliated with ANY private Thai or English language school in Thailand. .. I just offer out what I’ve found thru poking around at the various schools. :P

Chris Delivery is great, he actually makes it fun to learn. Watch the TV show and you will have a great time laughing. I remember one episode where they were talking about condos, but the woman (she is the life and soul of the show) used the word condom, then they were talking about building it using "cement" and she came out with "semen". He teaches using a lot of homophones and pronunciation exercises. His Dad is a teacher as well, so it is a real family business and they know what they are teaching and how to teach it.

By the way my wife was taught at a school in Siam Centre, her company paid, her English is okay but the Grammar is non existent, this is where the Thai teacher would be the better option. The School she went to advertise 98% success rate however if you read the fine print it says "in France".

Edited by beano2274

Thanks tod and beano. I will enroll in Chris's school this week. fyi i went to Walen in person today as they didnt reply to last weeks email and the op and sponsor advised that they may be able to help. however i was told today i walen office that they do not have any Thais qualified or able to teach English. And got the impression that they were more focused on the long term enrollment fees for those ed visa seekers