Thai, Cambodian Troops In New Border Clash

webfact

i wonder why there is no helicopter or jet in the air...........nothing!

no troops movement at an important junction near our home.....just an ordinary day for the people i guess

even near the thai army outpost in sai toh 1.....just normal....

i don't get it....been in the army (artillery).....absolutely no western logic behind those strategies.....

some things we will never understand.......even after years......

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two Buddhist countries killing over possession of a Buddhist landmark. <deleted>

sadly Buddha doesn't have to do anything with the border clash.....

And those temples are Hindu anyway, but I doubt they are the reason for this...... smoke and mirrors..... mainly smoke at the moment.

well if only the Thais had accepted monitors in the area the nasty cambodians would not have attacked, well I say attacked, it appears now after all the reports that the cambodian fired the first shot to not be true, we know hear they strayed too close to the thais, so it seems likely the thais fired the first shot.

Observers in the area would stop all of this nonsense, cambodia want them, thailand don't, you do the maths.

Obviously you are unaware of just how far away this is from the Preah Vihear temple. Perhaps you could do the maths.

Or were you under the impression that Indonesian monitors would have been placed along the entire border measuring hundreds and hundreds of kilometers.

As for your "now after all the reports that Cambodian fired the first shot to be not true"... is untrue.

does it matter? so you think the Cambodians started the firing when it has been admitted that the thais said they went too close to the thais??? get them thai glasses off

Fighting is on again since 06.00am. Closer than yesterday (closer direction to Ban Kruat). My Internet was off yesterday afternoon, but the area stayed calm, no fighting in the afternoon. Through information from some women whose husbands are soldiers in the conflict area here, the clash started because Cambbodian soldiers tried to build positions too close to the disputed border. Thai soldiers wanted them to stop this activities. It is not clear who shot the first bullet, it is sure that things escalated because of "nothing"

Wife and kids are ready to leave, I will stay together with some male relatives to watch our few possessions.

I'll stay tuned as long as internet works. Just now it calms down a little bit (07.15am)

fatfather

Not calm now, they must have reloaded...yep closer than yesterday for sure...and way more intense

I think they are firing deeper across into thailand today for sure....my dog is going daft, scary stuff...

Edited by rizla

well if only the Thais had accepted monitors in the area the nasty cambodians would not have attacked, well I say attacked, it appears now after all the reports that the cambodian fired the first shot to not be true, we know hear they strayed too close to the thais, so it seems likely the thais fired the first shot.

Observers in the area would stop all of this nonsense, cambodia want them, thailand don't, you do the maths.

Obviously you are unaware of just how far away this is from the Preah Vihear temple. Perhaps you could do the maths.

Or were you under the impression that Indonesian monitors would have been placed along the entire border measuring hundreds and hundreds of kilometers.

As for your "now after all the reports that Cambodian fired the first shot to be not true"... is untrue.

does it matter? so you think the Cambodians started the firing when it has been admitted that the thais said they went too close to the thais??? get them thai glasses off

Fighting is on again since 06.00am. Closer than yesterday (closer direction to Ban Kruat). My Internet was off yesterday afternoon, but the area stayed calm, no fighting in the afternoon. Through information from some women whose husbands are soldiers in the conflict area here, the clash started because Cambbodian soldiers tried to build positions too close to the disputed border. Thai soldiers wanted them to stop this activities. It is not clear who shot the first bullet, it is sure that things escalated because of "nothing"

Wife and kids are ready to leave, I will stay together with some male relatives to watch our few possessions.

I'll stay tuned as long as internet works. Just now it calms down a little bit (07.15am)

fatfather

7.30 now and still at it. Continuous now for an hour and a half. Both sides must have plenty of ammo. Heavy artillery, not small arms.

A number of off-topic posts have been deleted. Let's keep the politics out of the thread at this point. There are posters who may need up-to-date information on the fast developing situation.

The politics behind will have to wait or be posted elsewhere.

Thanks.

<snip>

Cambodia confirmed the latest outbreak of hostilities, which occurred near a group of disputed temples.

Can someone enlighten me as to when ownership of this group of temples became became disputed. The notorious one for decades certainly, but these fallen down relics?

7:54 shelling is continuing, but more infrequently now.

Edited by webfact
comments regarding moderation can be sent by PM to the person in charge /Admin

Wife just spoken to family vey close they are hearing big explosions.

Thai rumor is that there are 4 dead Thai soldiers in no mans land and that so far 2 have been recovered and that the Thai are fighting to recover the 2 still there.

Also a big mass of Cambodian soldier building up.