New Immigration Office For Khon Kaen

I have just got back from Nong Khai Immigration Office and they told me that a new Immigration Office is to open in Khon Kaen on Friday 4th November and every Friday thereafter. It was so marked on the Immigration Officer's desk diary and will be in the Kosa Hotel, Khon Kaen.

This is good news for Khon Kaen and the surrounding changwats as it can be a long haul up to Nong Khai.

Please support the new office when it opens and let's hope it stays there.

Nong Khai's telephone number is 042 423963

How long ago was it since they had an office in KK? I have been here four years and have never heard of one.

They had a big meeting about two years ago but nothing came of it.

Yes, it will save many of us a lot of time and money.

• 1 month later...
I have just got back from Nong Khai Immigration Office and they told me that a new Immigration Office is to open in Khon Kaen on Friday 4th November and every Friday thereafter. It was so marked on the Immigration Officer's desk diary and will be in the Kosa Hotel, Khon Kaen.

This is good news for Khon Kaen and the surrounding changwats as it can be a long haul up to Nong Khai.

Please support the new office when it opens and let's hope it stays there.

Nong Khai's telephone number is 042 423963

We've got one guy saying that immigration in Nong Kai said they are opening an immigration in Khon Kaen, and another saying the tourist police said that they have no plans.

What's going on?

I have tried to phone them but can't get through.