Tourist To Non-O

O.K.

So,I know you can change your visa to a Non-O, But can you do it on a 60day extension? I recently got a 60 day extension based on marriage etc. And I've been offered some work, so, I would like to change my visa to a Non-O in order to apply for a W/P.

If it's possible..., is it the same rules? at least 15 days left on your visa.

Thanks to all...

Om.

Edited by omlagus

The 15 days is on your permission to stay not your visa. The change can only be made if you present evidence of ability to meet one year extension of stay requirements. So 400k in your bank account with likely be required.

The 15 days is on your permission to stay not your visa. The change can only be made if you present evidence of ability to meet one year extension of stay requirements. So 400k in your bank account with likely be required.

So, I can change my visa to a Non-B then?

It's a change ov visa... not a 1yr extension cos I will need to apply for a W/P.

You change from a tourist visa to a non-immigrant visa, that is correct. Lopburi is pointing out that the 15 days doesn't need to be on your visa (which you got abroad from a Thai consulate) but on your permission to stay, which you got from immigration in Thailand.

Yes, it is possible to convert, but you must meet the requirements for a one year extension of stay: either based on mariage to a Thai national or based on working. Apply for the work permit first and get a WP3 form from labour if you want to convert based on employment. Once your get the extesion of stay from immirgation, for which you ned to show the wp3 form, you will get the work permit.