Finally Had It With Tot

After getting nowhere with TOT concerning getting my phone and internet back on, it's now 3 weeks, and people stealing around 100 meters of the cable every day I have called it a day with them. One of the guys at the bottom of the mountain lent me a CAT CDMA stick and I was very impressed. I'm getting around 2.5MB's a sec download speeds, max 3.1MBS and they have a special promotion on at the moment. 2,500 baht for the modem and SIM and unlimited downloads is 720 baht a month. Whih is far better speeds than I was getting with TOT and I can use it anywhere and around the same price :D

Bargain :thumbsup:

The CAT office is next to the PO in Nathon.

Good idea - I have been using the CAT CDMA for years. It is a very reliable back-up to my very unreliable TOT.

The only reason that I have to stay with TOT is for the WIFI for my customers!

(Like you - I am still without phones after the March storms).

They had what looked like a mobile router for offer but it was all in Thai but the wife has a friend who works for them and he is going to pop round and see if I can use that and then into a WiFi router so can have WiFi around the villa . I will let you know :D

Bartman I downloaded 10 30 min TV programs and 3 movies last night no problem. It is busy down loading more TV today. As said it is far quicker than the TOT land line and it appears they do not throttle torrents like TOT sometimes did. Haven't tried youtube yet but otherwise a good deal all round and it might not go down as much as the TOT ADSL used to do. :D

That's a good price for the modem... which Modem are they selling now? (they were out of stock of all modems for a long time)...

I've been quiet happy with my CAT MC 727 now over two years old... (the next model was 760, which seems OK from reports of people I know who have that version)..

I find it does grind down a bit with U tube but other video types usually better... Most days it works very well, occasionally lately has slowed down, but generally pretty good.....