Family Car For 400k?

DPinSBW - Terdsak12 is the car man for sure, my question is "Family" - Farang family - "sedan" but Thai "Families" - are accustmed to riding in the back of utes - thats why "pickups are so popular and in the price range you are looking at opens up more possibilities.

Please don't read anything into this as it's only offered as a thought.

My friend just sold this car advertised here for 400k:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42536

There are good deals out there but most would be from other expats leaving and wanting a quick sale. Cars here in Thailand tend to hold their value a lot more than any place I have ever seen. A 10 year old vehicle in the states wouldn't be worth too much at all and even at 5 years it would be past warrenty and not worth too much. I would love to find a truck that I could rebuild myself but it's a dodgy at best bet to find something that hasn't been abused or just had already if it is older than 2-3 years old. Invest a little more and get something new.

Sedan: Honda City or Toyota Soluna/Vios

Im driving a 5yo Soluna which ive had for 3 years and have had no problems with.Its a no frills car but runs very well.

4 Door Pick-up: If you really scout around you will get a Ford Ranger, Mitsubishi or slightly older Toyota in that price bracket.