How Old Is Too Old To Become A Dad?

aussiechick

This is something that has been on my mind for sometime. I am retired and never had a family but am very much a family man. I personally havenot had the life experience of watching and assisting a child form their life. Since I have never experienced it I question should I be a father in my sixties? Or should i die without ever experience the joy of parenting? I question would it be selfish to have those moments of a childs first step or their first word or just their warm innocent smile everyday, but not be there perhaps for teenage life and onward? Or would it be comparable to peole who never tarvelled but raised families doing later in life,because that was the something they always wanted to do but were unable to do till late in life. I know not the best example.But what I am questioning in my mind is should a man die never feeling the innocent love of his own child and being allowed himself to feel the love of parenting just because he he is old and will die sooner than a young father. Also age doenot mean the grim reaper willnot come and take you away at a young age . WE all only live once why should the world criticize someone wanting what so many already have.

I think it would be horrible to be dying and seeing your kids as kids and not grown up. This would outweigh the, perhaps selfish, desire to experience something that you've missed.

Perhaps you should get a dog - they are more loyal than kids, cheaper, and the love experienced is really not that much different.

Man should procreate when young and healthy and when 60 years old renunciate. Try going to the temple for a couple of months and learning to quash your desires.

Bugger me! - compulsory castration at 60 and, no doubt, euthanasia at 70.

Life is no longer worth living if all I have to look forward to is 3 rice meals a day and a saffron robe !

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes. If they find a wife there, what odds would you give of her not being a prostitute? As one post stated - many of the guys are old and women young.Do you think the father will be around when the kids are teenagers? etc etc bloody obvious mate.

A much better effort 8/10 :clap2:.

No - I am in the 93% and considering whether to fertilise my whore next year.

I must admit that the thought of any son of mine being rogered in Boyztown does not have a great degree of appeal.

Perhaps I will re-think my strategy :ermm:

I have had a re-think.

Is there anywhere that I can get my over 50 sperm checked out for quality ?

I am concerned that some posters think my tadpoles could be defective and I don't want to have to buy the missus a dog.

I am not that keen on dogs so I am seriously thinking of getting my partner pregnant.

This is the most selfless act I will ever be involved in.

I have had 4 kids and I don't have the need for any more.

She has had one kid who died. She is 35 and her body clock is ticking.

Would it not be wrong of me if I denied her the 'right' to have another child.

Before everyone tells me to "think of yourself and don't take on such a burden at your stage of life" I would say that I would go into this with my eyes open.

Anyway, if she gets too many more stretch marks, she does have a younger sister.

I think you have to question whether you would be a good father.

I don't have to question anything.

Just being a father is probably enough for my partner. The fact that I can provide security for her and the progeny is more than enough for me to be a 'good' father.

Bouncing the youngster on my knee and playing football when I am 70 is a bonus.

I think you have to question whether you would be a good father.

I don't have to question anything.

Just being a father is probably enough for my partner. The fact that I can provide security for her and the progeny is more than enough for me to be a 'good' father.

Bouncing the youngster on my knee and playing football when I am 70 is a bonus.

Would'nt say 'good'....'better' might be the word.

I wouldn't want kids over 40. Kids are hard work and I wouldn't have the same tolerance at 50 than I did at 30.

Pattaya Radio is hardly the place to have a serious discussion about children as most parents are not likely to be good ones.

Agreed absolute maximum of 50

I must be a special sort of guy then.rolleyes.gif I am 60 and have one daughter of four years and another of eighteen months. I also teach children of eleven and twelve, hundreds of them. I hope I never turn into a grumpy old man, who cant get it up.wink.gif

OK - 93% of foreign males go to Pattaya for sex with prostitutes. If they find a wife there, what odds would you give of her not being a prostitute? As one post stated - many of the guys are old and women young.Do you think the father will be around when the kids are teenagers? etc etc bloody obvious mate.

A much better effort 8/10 :clap2:.

No - I am in the 93% and considering whether to fertilise my whore next year.

I must admit that the thought of any son of mine being rogered in Boyztown does not have a great degree of appeal.

Perhaps I will re-think my strategy :ermm:

I have had a re-think.

Is there anywhere that I can get my over 50 sperm checked out for quality ?

I am concerned that some posters think my tadpoles could be defective and I don't want to have to buy the missus a dog.

I am not that keen on dogs so I am seriously thinking of getting my partner pregnant.

This is the most selfless act I will ever be involved in.

I have had 4 kids and I don't have the need for any more.

She has had one kid who died. She is 35 and her body clock is ticking.

Would it not be wrong of me if I denied her the 'right' to have another child.

Before everyone tells me to "think of yourself and don't take on such a burden at your stage of life" I would say that I would go into this with my eyes open.

Anyway, if she gets too many more stretch marks, she does have a younger sister.

Good on you and good luck, wishing you both a great life.wink.gif