After May 2Nd 2011 Need An Appointment Or Not ?

Just submitted 2 settlement visas for wife's kids dated 22 april, it says that they are valid for 30 days, we've printed them off and kept both copies. I pressume the embassy now have an electronic copy in there records. Tried to book an appointment online for the 20th May but guess what no appointments available !

The Question is can we just go along and submit the kids biometrics on a first come first served basis as before, and do we need to take the printed off applications even though they would have the electronic ones already.

So what exactly is the difference if you still have to take a signed copy along anyway ?

What's the importance of the online submission ?

Any advice on this would be very helpful

Even if you do complete an online form and make an appointment you still have to print out the form, have the applicant sign it and present it with their supporting documents at the VAC.

Which does make one wonder about the need for completing an online application: other than doing so means one can make an appointment to submit documents, have biometrics taken etc.

At present I believe one can still turn up without an appointment; but see here.

Even if you do complete an online form and make an appointment you still have to print out the form, have the applicant sign it and present it with their supporting documents at the VAC.

Which does make one wonder about the need for completing an online application: other than doing so means one can make an appointment to submit documents, have biometrics taken etc.

At present I believe one can still turn up without an appointment; but see here.

Thanks 7by7 but still no clearer as to whether one can just turn up on the day, no appoints for after May 6th and all of june as well very confusing, Just going to turn up and take a chance...???/

Thanks 7by7 but still no clearer as to whether one can just turn up on the day, no appoints for after May 6th and all of june as well very confusing, Just going to turn up and take a chance...???/

Please keep us informed on how you get along, Im not liking the sound of no appointments in all of June. Am I correct in thinking that the appointment is for us to hand in the application or is it an interview with the loved one ??? Was hoping that doing an online application now would speed this along, maybe it takes time to get things moving.

Alan

when i applied for my visitor visa in january this year, ( ok, not settlement visa, but still an appointment ) i could only ever see 1 week ahead and no longer. so if you want an app. for 20/5 - then maybe look from 10/5.

i think when i applied - it was only 4 days in advance - and i checked every day from at least 2 weeks before. so keep checking is what i say

Yes, see the how to apply link above.

Biometric data collection

Biometric data collection includes a digital fingerscan (all 10 digits) and a digital photograph. The fingerscan procedure uses an electronic scanner. No ink, liquid or chemicals are used. You should ensure that your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration (for example, henna), cuts, abrasions or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide an acceptable fingerscan. Your digital photograph must be taken with full face and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes. Female applications will be required to take off their veil for the biometric photograph capture. A hijab will be allowed as long as full frontal view of the face is visible. VFS will ensure a female employee is present to capture the biometric data and will provide privacy in the booth. We cannot process your visa application if you do not submit your biometric data.