Thailand Arrival

tjames

preferably bkk or pattaya or phuket. Can also professionaly paint, wallpaper, tile, install crown and chair railings for a fee. If you have hvlp sprayer available for rent can also resurface tile and bath tubs. Let me know as I will be arriving mid december. Can provide extensive references from Washingto DC metro area. Thanks alot

Ed

preferably bkk or pattaya or phuket.  Can also professionaly paint, wallpaper, tile, install crown and chair railings for a fee.  If you have hvlp sprayer available for rent can also resurface tile and bath tubs.  Let me know as I will be arriving mid december. Can provide extensive references from Washingto DC metro area. Thanks alot

Ed

Might add that I can do anything in your condo including new bath renovations drywall repair and installation..plumbing and minor electrical

The problem you will find is that the cost of skilled labour is so cheap in Thailand. A tradesman in Thailand earns about 5000 baht a month.

Back home a skilled tradesman can earn as much as any other profession. In Thailand though, if someone get their hands dirty when they work, they will be looked down on as uneducated and hence will be get paid a lower salary.

I hope you can find something suitable but it might be better to look at other alternatives.

IF someone would like thier vacation home watched while you are gone or worked on one week prior to your arrival then i can give estimate over the phone and contract via email. Make things really simple for you so you dont have to work while on your vacation or try to learn language and deal with local contractors..

And the other problem is the work permit.

Certainly a very real problem.... for both the OP employee and the condo owner as an employer . :o

who would make such problems? In and finished within a week with few tools.. Hey I rent there! Contract and Payments are made in the US. Unless someone has had problems with this before please do not speak

A mate of mine got busted for working on his own bar in pattaya

He got sick of the shoddy work and lackadaisical tradesmen and being a builder put the toolbelt on and promptly got busted by immigration.

Certainly a very real problem.... for both the OP employee and the condo owner as an employer . :o

who would make such problems? In and finished within a week with few tools.. Hey I rent there! Contract and Payments are made in the US. Unless someone has had problems with this before please do not speak

Wherever the contract is made and paid is of no consequence, if the work is being done in Thailand, it requires a work permit. To not have one is illegal for both you and the condo owner.

"Who would make such problems?"

I could think of any number of people that might, eg. Neighbors... or Thai workers.. Condo manager...

Sorry if I speak, just trying to save you and the potential employer problems...

but, of course in the end, it's up to you and him/her if they are willing to take the risk, but the consequences certainly have the possibility for being severe.

He got sick of the shoddy work and lackadaisical tradesmen and being a builder put the toolbelt on and promptly got busted by immigration.

What did they do with him?

I know that immigration are particularlty sensitive to Bar owners working, especially if informed by an irate or jealous nieghbour.

This was 2 years back

he had a thai wife and new baby and had been in thailand for three or four years so that went in his favor,but he was very nearly booted back to aus.

I also think he may have paid some"fines".

I know that immigration are particularlty sensitive to Bar owners working, especially if informed by an irate or jealous nieghbour.

This was 2 years back

he had a thai wife and new baby and had been in thailand for three or four years so that went in his favor,but he was very nearly booted back to aus.

I also think he may have paid some"fines".

I think they should be publicly garrotted, hung by the testicles, eviscerated and the entrails then spread over the steps of Royal Plaza as a warning to others who disrespect Thai laws...

Failing that they should be forced to by a round….

I think I’ve been online too long…must lie down …must lie down…

Is it so difficult to get a work permit?  Gee you cant even fix your own toilet without a work permit??????? SUch foolishness. Nowhere in the US are they soo strict

Don't you believe it Buster!

Laws are very similar. You come here and you're a "wetback"....however I think you should seek some less alarmist advice about detection and enforcement rates of the law here.

In the origignal post you said that you are from Washingnton DC.....that's not a state....If I hire you will you drink all my liquor while I'm gone?

You are absolutely right! Washington DC is a mood, not a state :D Driving around in

it certainly put me in a mood :D

About your liquor...I'm sure he would dispose of it in one fashion or another, before

it spoils....as a special favor to you :o

Interesting though.. What is the housesitting situation here in LOS? Anybody ever do such a thing?

Thinking of spending a bit of time in the North  :o

well it could be interesting, but I dont think the concept has taken on at all in thailand. Although I wouldnt mind the idea...... :D so heres my resume hehehe....

dog-friendly :D

your alcohol is safe with me, but BIG word of advice: LOCK up your chocolates cabinet!

smoke and drug free

I dont fix things, and will try not to break any either :D

light weight (meaning I wont break the bed) :D

doesnt cook (no smelly apartment upon return) hehehe

ok how did I do??? :D

He runs Wetback Constructions Inc. :o

Is that a small minded reply from a large minded person?

Everyone in the US who is either a farmer in lower states or Construction company in many states across the entire country employ spanish labor.. What do you mean by illegal? Thier visa status? Most come in illegal then get visa or if visa runs out they stay and pay taxes like everyone else.. I didnt like it at first when I started hiring. Particularlly deflation in wages meaning my own after moving to Washington DC where cheap construction labor abounds. However many homeowners have come to accept foreign laborers into thier homes and are gracious about it. Certainly I do not get slanderous racist comments like Wetback Construction. ANd I have workd for cabinet members and four star generals and four star admirals to leading men in businesses which trade on the New York stock exchange. I really would expect a more informed and respectful comment from someone such as yourself but then again your name is Dr. Patpong not Dr. PHD so and so .. Ill take it as poor attempt at humor

well im a contractor from very tough state and its nowhere near as bad.. BELIEVE IT

In the origignal post you said that you are from Washingnton DC.....that's not a state....If I hire you will you drink all my liquor while I'm gone?

Here's another one.. Dr. Patpong who do you allow on your website? A stranger presents himself as an honorable person and I get greeted by trolls? I thought there were honorable people here not TROLLS!

I certainly don't need to discuss the logistics of my company with someone who is not interested in hiring me.. Now if you want to discuss politics start another thread. I have MBA from UPENN with Econ undergrad from UMD and I have lived inside the beltway for years.. Ill go tit for tat on topics related to Economics to Politics and mind you IM rarely wrong. Lets see called the bottom in the dollar four months prior to the iraqui election naming the election as the pivot point. Called the bottom in the Brazilian Real and called the bottom in the Boliviar.. If you know anything at all about economics but you don't know economics historian or ever read any of his books i.e. Dr. Marc Faber (classmate of Alan Greenspan) and perhaps you should he lives there in BKK but if you dont then dont even bother wasting my time..If you want to flame and act like trolls then take it to the troll board I can meet you there as well..NP I need to sharpen my skills a bit! Ill take on all of you on any of the above topics!! Come on bring it on!! Frickin Racist TROLLS.. Unbeleivable crowd here. Nice Face you put on! You should be proud of yourselves blithering fools!

Edited by tjames

Why would an MBA from the USA even consider coming to Thailand to fix broken toilets, just doesn't make any sense.

How easy would it be for a Thai to jump on a plane to the USA to go and do a contract in the States?

He stretches the imagination a little bit doesn't he ? After the undergrad and post grad studies one wonders how he found time to time time to master some trade studies as well.