Head Sets

furyrider

I have been getting ready to buy some head sets so the wife can jabber at me or at least think she is. I started looking at the Yala. They seem to be nice they have blue tooth and will hook up with GPS IPhone and also MP3 IPod. I think they are made with quite a bit of gold in them when you look at the price. Does anyone have a set and can tell me how they work as far as speakers mike how do they fit under the helmet and everything that can be hooked into them ??

And what other kinds are on the market ?, what do you use.?

I have the Cardo Scala Q2. Haven't used it for an intercom but it's great for GPS/MP3/phone....apparently the new G4 version will connect over 1 mile (1,6 kilometers).

I'm not sure what protocol they use for intercom, but bluetooth is the connection that is used for everything else. So if you have an iPod touch you can even hook it up wirelessly. You can also route your phone through it, GPS if it has bluetooth, etc. If you have an MP3 player without bluetooth there's a little plug you can utilise to get sound in.

The boom mic fits well behind the full face helmet I have. I never tried to get the speakers to stick to the fabric of my helmet's lining, but rather stuck them behind the earcup. I've also seen (older models) Cardo devices get a 3,5mm jack soldered inline to utilise earbuds...

Edited by dave_boo

Thanks everyone

I have Googled Scala Rider and found the Cardo Scala Q4 for $301 with the 2 head sets through Motor cycle super store. From what I see that is a very good price.

Can you have more than one headset for say, 4 riders?

Thanks everyone

I have Googled Scala Rider and found the Cardo Scala Q4 for $301 with the 2 head sets through Motor cycle super store. From what I see that is a very good price.

From what it looks like on there web site you can at least with the Q4. They have a range up to a 1 mile.

I'm not sure of the 'conference call' capability of the latest ones except for what the website states. And it sounds like if you pair two 'master' G4 with each other the two 'slaves' can also communicate. But it looks like you can only pair three 'masters'.

Thanks everyone

From what it looks like on there web site you can at least with the Q4. They have a range up to a 1 mile.

If you have time, take a look at Chatterbox. I am in the market as well, and they seem to have a much more rugged build, and additional road distance. I am still pondering which to buy.......

Thoughts comments, greatly appreciated!!!

Jay

jap.gif

Thanks everyone

If you have time, take a look at Chatterbox. I am in the market as well, and they seem to have a much more rugged build, and additional road distance. I am still pondering which to buy.......

Thoughts comments, greatly appreciated!!!

Jay

jap.gif

I looked at some on line at first but I do not know if they have blue tooth.