Tobacco Or Sweets Tin - Small, Metal

simon43

I'm working on a little electronics project for fun, and I need to box my circuit in a small metal tin, such as were used for tobacco or sweets.

Are these types of box sold in Thailand? The dimensions are typically about 10 cm x 7 cm x 3.5 cm. I cannot recall seeing sweets or tobacco sold in Thailand in metal tins.

If anyone can suggest a suitable metal tin that I can use, I'd be very grateful.

Here's a photo of the sort of tin that I need, (with an electronics circuit already encased in it):

post-174-0-96900100-1303613799_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Simon

Simon

I have a spare Altoids tin, would be happy to send to you. Send me a PM with address, I will send tomorrow if you'd like. Sorry, mine is Peppermint flavor, not licorice like your picture.:lol:

Let me know if you want it.

mario299

Mario - thanks for the kind offer. I have a couple of Altoid tins already, but wanted to find some 'local flavour' tins.

Phil, what does it do? I'm a radio amateur (with a thai licence) and I build low power short-wave transmitters into these tins, about 1 watt output power and you need to know da di da dit to operate them :) With a good wire antenna, this little rig can get contacts from thousand of miles away.

(Don't ask why I bother when email/internet exists - it's a nerdy, techie thing...)

Simon

I understand. I used to have an amateur radio license back in Europe 30+ years ago

Me too, but never really used it as most 'hams' seemed to be boring old men! Now that I am a boring old man, and located in a sought-after radio location (Phuket Island), I have spare time to enjoy this hobby more.

Simon